VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
think positive guys.. Question means anything.. if they were deadlocked they would have said they are deadlocked

During the trial, the jurors take notes to use in deliberations. What happens to the note books after the verdict? Are they destroyed, stored with evidence, used by future attorneys. I know the jurors are not allowed to keep them. Thanks.

I wondered if they were allowed to take them home at night with them during the trial. I would want to jot down questions and thoughts I had later after having some time to digest what was presented. If not, I know I would have notes to take with me to court each day - just to follow up in my "notebook" to see if the questions were there. (I am a huge notetaker btw)

They cannot take the juror notebooks home during trial, and the notebooks are destroyed after the verdict.

From Gold:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 2m 2 minutes ago

#JodiArias we are in courtroom waiting on jury question

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 2m 2 minutes ago

#jodiarias #Travis family here

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Le sigh. It will be really unfortunate if this jury hang again.
Funny things how happen the Andriano murder wasn't nearly as brutal as this murder in my opinion although it was brutal and that jury sentenced the defendant to death. Then again the defense couldn't trash a terminally ill man like they have been able to do with Travis.

dang, I went to finish up the chicken and put taters on the stove and my goodness had 90 tweets showing and I see there are questions from the jury?

First time since they started!

My goodness!

From Beth:
Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 4s4 seconds ago

Something is up with #jodiarias jury.

There is a note, question--some issue.

Courtroom is filling up.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#jodiarias courtroom empty except media and Travis family and a few spectators. Jodi's family not here

Saw all of the twitter updates and came running over here. Sinking feeling :(

I don't want to say the "HJ" words...

Would even the Allen charge take more than the hour and a half AZ lunch time?

No. Was handled last time in less than 20 minutes, iirc.

I think the same juror wants off, discussion will follow, hopefully an alternate chosen. A problem because #2 was requested. And a discussion required how to restart deliberations. Just a wild guess.

There have been times when a jury is stuck on a number of issues having to do with the law. There may be questions that can break the logjam. I want to hear what they are and the answers before I decide if it is bad or good.

Such questions frequently settle the minds of the jurors who have the questions. Based on the questions, that could be good or bad. It could be that their minds are ready for a verdict IF they get the answers they need.

The glass is half full for me right now. Faith, people, faith.

BK: JW and MDLR just walked into court but BK says they are probably visiting the defendant
Can we imagine JA sitting in the holding cell each and everyday of deliberation, out of her comfort
Zone just waiting. We all talk, jury talks, media talks but unless she talks to herself there is no communication. I love that thought.

I'm stumped, why would a juror question take some time to address? They want instructions read again?

Or they want a read back of testimony.

Seems I'm wrong anyway. The judge says it will take time to address.

Sorry, ever since my hb made the random comment in the early hours of the day he had his accident that things couldn't get any worse... I try not to voice my fears. Does that mean I'm a victim of magical thinking....:scared:

Tweets:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 24s24 seconds ago

Judge was handling another case at the time and has adjourned that to deal with the question...

I don't know what it is yet #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 13s13 seconds ago

Looks like #JodiArias judge will deal w this Q on record?

Jen Willmott in jeans but going to change first. Dynamite charge? We are in court

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
Juan has arrived. #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members