VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't been online today and I was washing dishes and had a funny feeling to check twitter.. and I see something is up. VERDICT???

I wonder if we'll have to wait through a sidebar once they do reconvene. Could be one of their last chances. :facepalm:

wasn't it over a thousand for the first trial verdict?

There are currently 642 users browsing this thread. (309 members and 333 guests)

Wow. What is the highest that's ever been on the same thread?

From Erickson:

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 3m3 minutes ago

My #JodiArias trial sources have never been wrong on facts. Ever.

But re: the jury... I believe it's conjecture not necessarily fact.

:seeya: Dave, tell us WHO your source is -- hmmm -- MK ?

There are currently 642 users browsing this thread. (309 members and 333 guests)

There were over a thousand for that last verdict, I think I recall WS crashed for a while.

Could always be something simple like knowing this question is going to take some time to deal with so let's all go grab a quick lunch then come back and take the time needed without recess to deal with the issue. At least I hope that is what it is.

In CA's trial there were up to 1000 at times. That's viewing a thread. That's the highest number I remember here.

Jodi's family is not there. Could she have had a fit in the back because enough time was not allowed for her Mom to get there?

The other day, supposedly via TH (?) her mom said she wouldn't attend the reading of the verdict. And evidently her sis already back in Cali... FWIW no links

Everybody just RELAX a little bit.........just because the judge calls a recess and some tweeter starts fanning the flames with something they heard from an "un-named source"......that doesn't make it so.

I saw this same type of thing happen in the first trial and most of the time it turned out to be nothing at all.

Holding to my theory. This jury doesn't want to hang. There is one juror who from the very beginning realized she couldn't make the decision. She asked to be released, JSS said no. She tried, and the rest of the jury tried to help her. She can't do it. She wants off.

Hoping that's the worst case scenario, because it sounds like it can be managed (thanks AZL).

Asking for testimony wouldn't involve off the record huddles in the hallway, and a note saying we're stuck would be fairly routine to handle .......

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 26s26 seconds ago
Apparently the #jodiarias jury has a complex jury question. Judge Stephens conferred briefly with lawyers and then called recess until 1.
---

We knew he was lurking about.

I wish someone would have commented on the demeanor/expressions of the parties when they came back from chambers...

This guy's ears must have been burning.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 48s49 seconds ago
Apparently the #jodiarias jury has a complex jury question. Judge Stephens conferred briefly with lawyers and then called recess until 1.

Didn't JSS say that when a verdict comes in, it will be announced that it's in and will be read an hour later? If so, this is not a verdict. Maybe an announcement at 1?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago

The other day, supposedly via TH (?) her mom said she wouldn't attend the reading of the verdict. And evidently her sis already back in Cali... FWIW no links

I believe that was misreported. That her sister would not be there for the verdict but her Mom would be there. No one from JA's side is there and JA did not come out so she may want them there. We will see at 1pm if her family shows up.

I've never smoked but I think I ought to start right now.

I'm sure you are joking but please don't start. I started smoking at 14 and now I have COPD and only have 20% lung function at the age of 54. Take a walk around the neighborhood instead. :)

I think we had 900+ while Jodi was during her 18 days of blathering on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member