VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think much about what JA feels or thinks. I believe that Prison for the rest of her natural life is what she should get because I think it will keep her locked up and away from other people. I don't believe she is a safe person or that this was a one time thing. I think that she could do this again without much trouble.
I will be amazed if this jury comes back with death. I think they are really battling their own ideals and really working at it but in the end I think it will be hung.

I just want this case over. I think that even though this is a dp phase that JA has hope to be out and among the people and in street clothes. I want that to end for her.

None of my links work. Can you please provide the link to stream again? :) TIA!

ETA ~ Looks like Monica Lindstrom and Troy are doing she tweeted she would provide the link.

FYI, Spreecast ALWAYS starts on mute, so if you are in another window and forget about it you can end up missing it completely. So pay attention to the start time.

Ok...just called netflix customer service....and told them about websleuths and crazy trial watching people. He sent it in as a suggestion....

LOL You would think they would jump at it. Maybe we can get hulu to start a bidding war.

I don't think much about what JA feels or thinks. I believe that Prison for the rest of her natural life is what she should get because I think it will keep her locked up and away from other people. I don't believe she is a safe person or that this was a one time thing. I think that she could do this again without much trouble.
I will be amazed if this jury comes back with death. I think they are really battling their own ideals and really working at it but in the end I think it will be hung.

I just want this case over. I think that even though this is a dp phase that JA has hope to be out and among the people and in street clothes. I want that to end for her.
This may be the wrong time and place to post this but someone mentioned that 70% of DP convictions are overturned on appeal. I honestly think LWOP is the more secure option. I don't care if she exploits her environment for all it's worth, it will still suck, and she'll most likely know she's not going anywhere. The DP will give her hope, warranted or not.

I listened this morning (Samia show) and the questions are always about the jury. Here is the thing ... no one knows what the jury is thinking and this is what has everyone on edge. There is alot of stuff to go through. It may seems cut and dry, but I have respect for them for taking their duty seriously.

JMO

LOL You would think they would jump at it. Maybe we can get hulu to start a bidding war.

I don't think they can move that fast....but, I think they should seriously consider buying past trials and future trials that have high interest potential. And stream them as they do with the series in HD.

I think my issue is that one jury sees the whole trial and decided guilt and they could not even decide for death. Do you know if there are any statistics on how many times the second dp jury comes back with death?
I know that my feelings have nothing to do with law but It just feels hinky to me.

I so agree Scarlett...this jury knows there was a first trial but only gets a summary this time and even some different tactics by the defense and is expected to give the death sentence? I think they are being asked to do a very tough thing coming in at this point and they are clearly struggling. I can't think it will continue beyond tomorrow.. Troy Hayden made an interesting comment today in that they came to the judge and were hung which in effect is a verdict for life and she sent them back to try harder...they probably feel some pressure to really reconsider death. If they came back with death it is possible Nurmi could appeal that "dynamite charge" JSS gave .

I so agree Scarlett...this jury knows there was a first trial but only gets a summary this time and even some different tactics by the defense and is expected to give the death sentence? I think they are being asked to do a very tough thing coming in at this point and they are clearly struggling. I can't think it will continue beyond tomorrow.. Troy Hayden made an interesting comment today in that they came to the judge and were hung which in effect is a verdict for life and she sent them back to try harder...they probably feel some pressure to really reconsider death. If they came back with death it is possible Nurmi could appeal that "dynamite charge" JSS gave .
On a positive note, JSS actually stood up to Nurmi.

If we're all impatient waiting days for this verdict, imagine how JA will feel waiting years in prison for her appeals. We may be disappointed with the outcome, as she may be for hers...

Good Point.

Also i think she is really sweat'n it now. Most of us are accepting that the jury is likely to hang and then JSS will decide on some form of life sentence. But imagine what JA is having to go through with that chance that it could actually be DP any minute of any day and she has to wait it out.

I think she may finally be just sweat'n a little bit. But then again we are dealing with the professional narcistic JA so you never know.

Either way the jury decides I am just glad they are now making her wait it out like the rest of us. Its about time something isnt being controlled by her or her DT.

Okay.. Is there something I have to do to hear this?

Bringing this over from the previous thread...

I don't like Juror questions. I know a lot of people do but I don't. I think that the people who know the law and the rules of law should be asking the questions.
I think the dp should be tied to the trial and one shot. To me it kind of feels like double jeopardy. They were tried the jury says no dp and then the prosecutor goes for it again. I know that is not the law but it feels that way to me.

But the people who know the law and the rules of the law aren't the ones who need to ask questions. It's the laypeople on the jury who sometimes need clarification of the law so that they can accurately apply the law to the case they are rendering a verdict on. IMO it's always a positive sign when a jury asks questions. It indicates that they are taking their role seriously and not just haphazardly checking off a box on the verdict form. I fail to see how a jury asking questions to ensure they have a clear understanding of the law can be considered a bad thing.

To be clear, the first jury didn't say "no DP." They hung. There's a big difference. And double jeopardy doesn't attach until a unanimous verdict is reached.

I don't think they can move that fast....but, I think they should seriously consider buying past trials and future trials that have high interest potential. And stream them as they do with the series in HD.

I hope Hulu doesn't get it. It doesn't serve an international audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak