VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is #5 & #6. tweeter said the judge can't clarify that so that is why she read the empass statement.

I think that tweeter is confused, they apparently were Juror Questions #5 and #6 (as there were 4 before that), not questions about Mitigation Factors 5 and 6. Sure would have liked to have heard the actual questions though but I don't think that tweeter is right.

I don't think it works that way in AZ. From what I understand, LWP in AZ means that they can then go before a parole board and it is voted on??? Like Manson. Maybe someone will clarify?

According to azl there is currently no mechanism in place for parole. In most states there is a parole board that they apply to when they become eligible.

I'd also highly recommend Reynolds Slow Cooker liners. It's almost like a condom for your crockpot! It's a clear bag-like thing you put in & around the crockpot. Put food in & cook. To clean, just pull bag out & throw it in the trash. I usually wipe it out w/a damp paper towel. They're in the store near the aluminum foil. So easy!

LOL, now I will forever think about what you said as I put a condom in my crock pot.

Stop potting around the crock!!!:gaah: I feel I really have to get one - but:
you all seem to live in BIG houses; my flat is not that big and I try to imagine sleeping in a flat whith the smell of food during the whole night :(
And here is a trend to not use any coated pots & pans any more - are there also ceramic ones?

Sorry for the OT - sure there's more important now.

I baked a picnic pot roast during the night 1 night and tossed n turned all night long!! I also am a aardvark...so there IS that lol ��

I don't think it works that way in AZ. From what I understand, LWP in AZ means that they can then go before a parole board and it is voted on??? Like Manson. Maybe someone will clarify?

yeah you are right...there is no such thing as 'parole' in AZ. after those 25 years you can go before the clemency board,if the board agree to your clemency the governor at this time has to sign off on it after that and most wouldn't want to commit political suicide releasing jodi.

dont quote me on this but im sure i seen it bring talked about on fox10

My slo-cooker has a ceramic lift out liner. I still want the bag liners now after hearing about them. My cooker has high, low, keep warm & off settings.

you all seem to live in BIG houses; my flat is not that big and I try to imagine sleeping in a flat whith the smell of food during the whole night :(
And here is a trend to not use any coated pots & pans any more - are there also ceramic ones?

RT by Tammy rose 5 & 6 are apparently mitigating factors.

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman 10m10 minutes ago

@debbngene They wanted "clarification" on 5&6, were NOT "hung", just asking! JSS cannot give them that, so had to read empasse. #jodiarias

Are we really sure about that?

At least to me, that doesn't sound accurate (as much as I would love that to be the case!)

At least in courts I have sat in (sitting on one jury, and observing others) - when the jury sends a question to the Court and he/she can't answer...the judge responds back and says something that amounts to, "you must read the instructions as written and determine the meaning yourself" - meaning they must interpret themselves.

Why would she have to read the modified instructions for impass, and Nurmi object and ask for a mistrial over just clarification of 5 and 6?

I dunno! Just seems odd.............as this whole tweet trial has been!

No parole board. It's a clemency board and the standards are far higher than with parole. Most say she won't make it.

I don't believe the rumor that the jury wanted clarification on mitigating factors #5 and #6. I think they asked two questions which would have been number 5 and number 6 because they had already asked 4 questions last week.

This wouldn't be a problem if everything wasn't a secret in that courtroom.

No parole board. It's a clemency board and the standards are far higher than with parole. Most say she won't make it.

And that's IF and only IF the judge sentenced her to LWP, which I do not believe she will and neither does AZLawyer. Arias' only way out of prison will be in a bodybag.

thank god i wasn't talking out my azz with my comment up thread :floorlaugh:

Would this include time-served? Jodi has already served @7 years: Could she end up getting out in 18 years?

I believe time served is always included in any sentence short of LWOP.

image.jpg

Punishment for Jodi
#Perryville Prison

Google crockpot or slow cooker recipes. Bajillions.

I read that NURMI was the only person in open court who claimed or spoke of jury being at impasse. That was. Yesterday. The judge nor Juan did not.

Some poster yesterday was having an All In The Family marathon to pass the time. My immediate reaction was Nurmi = Meathead.

Im at the point where I wish the Bailiff would take Jodi and shove a dynamite charge where the sun dont shine. :)

I really think people are scaring themselves and for no good reason.

Do any of you have proof that JSS has been lenient and sentenced someone to LWP in a case that was 1st degree murder? Besides imagination and fear around all the "what if's", what evidence exists that JSS has done this before?

I have to agree. I think people are so emotional about this case, and so hateful towards JA, they are just being dramatic about the outcome because they are worried about the worst case scenario.
To me JA was caught, She was convicted, She will spend the rest of her life in prison, NOT JAIL, no matter what comes from the Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7