VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know what this means? they werent hung after all?

Tammy Rose retweeted

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman · 12m12 minutes ago
@debbngene They wanted "clarification" on 5&6, were NOT "hung", just asking! JSS cannot give them that, so had to read empasse. #jodiarias
They were at an 'impasse' but it might amount to the same thing. We'll see.

From Gold:
Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 15s15 seconds ago

At #JodiArias, jury deliberating after dynamite charge.

Will they remain hung?

What??!!! So they weren't hung after all??? God I wish JSS would open up her damn courtroom and run it like every damn courtroom in America!!???? STOP with the fricking secrecy. Courtrooms are meant to be open. I'm so bloody mad that she's doing every bloody thing in secret.

That is not at all what the tweets said yesterday. I will go with yesterday's tweets and what happened.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 21h21 hours ago
There is an impass with the jury #jodiarias #3tvarias

I predict no unanimous verdict as I don't think those for the DP, hopefully a clear majority, will go for LWOP just to return a verdict.

Earlier poster prompted me to notice in our posts' top right corner our "joining WS" date. Mine was March 2005. I don't remember following the Robert Blake trial here, but maybe that was it. Then I noticed a trial for the March 2005 rape-murder of a 5 yr. old Iowa girl is going on this week ... finally. Prosecutor's opening included: '"Casey Frederiksen told [the investigator] that whenever he changed Evelyn Miller's diaper, he would get sexually aroused,' Brown said." If that's on tape - game over, but it took longer to bring this monster to trial than JA.
http://www.kcci.com/news/12-jurors-selected-in-trial-of-man-charged-with-killing-girl/31581414

I would like to think they wouldnt either, but honestly it might end up that way.

Would this include time-served? Jodi has already served @7 years: Could she end up getting out in 18 years?

In theory yes. However currently AZ has no mechanism for parole. At the time Jodi committed her murder that was a sentence option if convicted. They have since removed that option for first degree murder convictions. Having said that I'm not sure what would happen should they reinstate the option of parole or reinstate a parole board to deal with those that have been sentenced with a chance of parole. So yes in theory if sentenced with a chance of parole Jodi might one day be free. But I feel it's unlikely JSS will sentence her LWP. Although I would not bet money on it. JSS has made some very very unusual decisions in this case.

I believe if the Jury comes back affirmative for the Death Penalty that Nurmi will be the first to use the "Crock Pot" Appeal. It's about the only one he hasn't tried yet. He will say that instead of the Jury deliberating diligently on behalf of his client, they were sharing Crock Pot Recipes. LOL

JMO's

Who knows what's in their minds? They choose life or death; if they deadlock or choose life, then the judge will choose between natural life and life with the possibility of release after 25 years.

------------
Hi daisydomino, just had to say I love your avatar!

Would this include time-served? Jodi has already served @7 years: Could she end up getting out in 18 years?

Seems I read or someone said here that yup her time in jail would count.

I totally agree with you. There were two jurors on the death penalty trial on which I served who announced in the first ten minutes of deliberations that they absolutely would not sentence someone to death. A young 20 something woman and an older pastor. Go figure.

Did the foreperson report this to the judge? Seems to me that such a pronouncement 10 minutes in could be considered "unwilling to deliberate" in a death penalty case.

I am going to :couch: before I respond ... :couch: again:

JMO but YES, I do believe she will get LWP -- 7 years served -- out in 18 :gaah: !

Again ... JMO and a big :moo: :moo: :moo:

Jodi will be 35 in July. If she were given LWP with time-served, she could be out of prison at age 53. Plenty of living left for Ms. Jodi and plenty of time to kill again :eek:

does anyone know what this means? they werent hung after all?

Tammy Rose retweeted

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman · 12m12 minutes ago
@debbngene They wanted "clarification" on 5&6, were NOT "hung", just asking! JSS cannot give them that, so had to read empasse. #jodiarias

I haven't heard any of the main tweeters say this, who is the person who originally tweeted this? How would they know? The Judge didn't even let us know what the questions were.

RT by Tammy rose 5 & 6 are apparently mitigating factors.

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman 10m10 minutes ago

What?? Sherry couldn't give clarification? Guess Nurmi told her no....

Stop potting around the crock!!!:gaah: I feel I really have to get one - but:
you all seem to live in BIG houses; my flat is not that big and I try to imagine sleeping in a flat whith the smell of food during the whole night :(
And here is a trend to not use any coated pots & pans any more - are there also ceramic ones?

Sorry for the OT - sure there's more important now.

I have two with crockery liners that you can pull out of the heated unit and put in the fridge or serve from directly at the table. That's the only kind I like.

I read that NURMI was the only person in open court who claimed or spoke of jury being at impasse. That was. Yesterday. The judge nor Juan did not.

Has MDLR tweeted anything since her contract was renewed? Anyone know?

Jodi will be 35 in July. If she were given LWP with time-served, she could be out of prison at age 53. Plenty of living left for Ms. Jodi and plenty of time to kill again :eek:

I don't think it works that way in AZ. From what I understand, LWP in AZ means that they can then go before a parole board and it is voted on??? Like Manson. Maybe someone will clarify?

If the jury does decide DP, can JSS say, "nah, I'm going to sentence her to LWOP". Or is their death sentence binding?

I really think people are scaring themselves and for no good reason.

Do any of you have proof that JSS has been lenient and sentenced someone to LWP in a case that was 1st degree murder? Besides imagination and fear around all the "what if's", what evidence exists that JSS has done this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7