Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From CS:
Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 10m10 minutes ago

Maria just left, gave Jodi's mom a hug before leaving courtroom.
Judge Stephens currently going over another case. #jodiarias #VerdictWatch

I think JSS will take sentencing under advisement..and tell us in 2 months..:) Not much faith here.

I don't know that she will take the full time allotted but yes I do think she will take sentencing under advisement. Unfortunately for the Alexanders.

I would think the reason for not having AC would be cost.

True, but I'd imagine the skinny mattresses, stark walls, lack of cooling and in some cooler places, adequate heating ..is because it's not a hotel :)

Okayyyy! So why not air conditioning? Living in the UK doesn't necessitate either!

Central air conditioning can be extremely expensive to run while combating the high temps in desert arid or semi arid enviroments. Swamp coolers do work very well as long as there is little or no humidity and as long as they are properly serviced and are the appropriate size for the space being cooled.

Agree, and I wish it weren't so, but she had to. That's the way Arizona works with this two-trial phase system and hearsay is allowed. JSS didn't just allow trashing of the victim for Jodi, as so many erroneously believe, she would have had to do it for any Death Penalty defendant. AZLawyer told us this at the beginning of this phase.

O/T
Hey Linas, by the way, while at the sidebar, I read where you were with your daughter yesterday when she played her flute with the quartet. That was awesome. I know you were a proud mom. At least that was some good news at the end of the day. :)

Trust me--a swamp cooler does not work in the hot summer season! I've lived in both Phoenix and Tucson--still live in the desert-- and a swamp cooler is no good once the temp reaches 80 degrees fahrenheit or over.

And the orange Perryville tops are no lower than the collar bone, not droopy and v-necked like JA's Estrella stripes. Here's murderess Marissa DeVault modeling hers:

https://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/marissadevault-prison-mug.jpg

Anyone doubt JA will tilt her head and smile for her Perryville mugshot?

Why was the defense given so much money to try this case? is this because it is a death penalty case and the defendent has no money ? Seems like CMJA is given special treatment I dont think any normal person would be given the funds to hire all those so called experts and extra time to try the case with obvious delay tactics ( arias twice got the judge to let her be her own lawyer only to say she was in over her head and judge orders lawyers back to the case ) When one is deemed indigent, there is no limit on the amount of tax dollars allocated towards your case?

Why was the defense given so much money to try this case? is this because it is a death penalty case and the defendent has no money ? Seems like CMJA is given special treatment I dont think any normal person would be given the funds to hire all those so called experts and extra time to try the case with obvious delay tactics ( arias twice got the judge to let her be her own lawyer only to say she was in over her head and judge orders lawyers back to the case ) When one is deemed indigent, there is no limit on the amount of tax dollars allocated towards your case?

Well, some think this is one of the big reasons to eliminate DP. It is extremely expensive.

Actually, Homolka is living in Quebec again. This is according to her sister who had to testify in the Luka Magnotta trial (because he used her name on the packages he mailed). The prosecutor asked her where her sister was living and since she was under oath, she had to say. http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/karla-homolka-is-living-in-canada-again-magnotta-trial-hears-1.2058469

No kidding? That would make my skin crawl if I lived in Quebec. That said, I guess it's safer to go to the Bahamas now. Karla was evil personified, much like Jodi, but worse.

No kidding? That would make my skin crawl if I lived in Quebec. That said, I guess it's safer to go to the Bahamas now. Karla was evil personified, much like Jodi, but worse.

We recently bought a condo in Florida...(casey anthony) I'm surrounded! ~L~

Much, much cheaper to use swamp cooling than to use centralized air conditioning.

I can't even imagine the heat in Arizona in the summer tbh. We die of heatstroke here when it gets to the high 60s. Especially up North where I live. In the city I live in we are famed for not wearing coats even in the most freezing weather.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-advise-geordies-to-wear-coats-267199

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8601303/Newcastle-and-the-one-about-the-weather.html

They feel he used her for sex while being of mormon ethics to other women. This is their justification for not deciding on death. They may not admit it but iam sure that is on some of their minds.

I don't really think that is what will keep her from getting death like she deserves. If they really felt that she was used for sex by Travis then they have to be dumb as a rock, collectively. All of the evidence showed the opposite. She used her sexual manipulation game and gave Travis kinky sex he had never experienced before. So much so that even Travis began to feel like he was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat.:( It really shows how sad Travis was about the sex she pushed in his face.

We have been here on a crime message board long enough to know the justice system is not equal when it comes to female defendants even when they commit a horrific gruesome DP crime like JA.

If they don't give her death it will be the same old tired reason other females haven't been given it when it was deserved and nothing less. She is a white female and somewhat young. That is the favorable profile and gender who never seems to be punished as much as a male who did a same like crime or even a crime that wasn't nearly has heinous as this one.

If Travis' name had been Travetta or something similar and the defendant had been named Travis he would have received the death penalty last year unanimously.

We are still stagnated in societal views on gender biases when it comes to the justice system. If Caylee's father had murdered her just like her mother did he would be on death row. Since the murderer of CMA was a female they let her murdering mom walk free. That would have never happened if it had been a man who murdered sweet precious Caylee.

It is already known that adult male victims rarely get true justice if their murderer happens to be done by a female. Same thing if babies and children are heinously murdered by their own mothers. If they are even convicted of the crime their punishment usually is far less than if it had been the father doing the murder. Its really shameful that gender biases still exist today when we have seen females do some of the most heinous murders imaginable.

IMO

Just throwing this out there while we wait. Does anyone think it's a good thing that JSS was so overly cautious about a future appeal? Don't we think that will make it that much harder for JA to have her conviction overturned?

For me, it would be the absolute worst thing if JA appealed whatever sentence she gets and then has her case thrown out and we have to sit through everything ALL OVER AGAIN years later.

jmo

Yes absolutely! I will NOT bash JSS for this reason. She's a good judge and I think she knows exactly what she's doing, even when she granted the DT Jodi's closed courtroom. It was a brilliant decision because she knew she'd be overturned and the testimony would come out and the DT couldn't complain- they got their way. If the jury doesn't vote for Death, it was because of the DT's BS, not JSS. And my wanting Death for Jodi doesn't make me a "hater" out for vengeance. But it would be cool if her execution was by beheading and stabbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti