VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They feel he used her for sex while being of mormon ethics to other women. This is their justification for not deciding on death. They may not admit it but iam sure that is on some of their minds.

I predict JA will morph into model prisoner mode and collect all the "good behavior" rewards available ... as long as she's alone in a cell. But if forced at some point to share a confined space with someone else, I see major acting-out by her. Maybe the reason she and Daryl had their own bedrooms is because she's unable to act "normal" very long with someone else nearby. Whoever "Rachel" is, I wish we'd heard from her what living with JA was like.

It is my understanding that Perryville is very very overcrowded. What I read last night said that they have 2-3 women in a small cell for something like 6 weeks during receiving (when they first get there) because they have to wait to have space for them on their yard. There is a website called Prison talk and on their forums you can read about specific prisons. Here's the forum for Perryville. The killer is going to hate every second of it. I'm fine w/ her having life because she'll be there longer. http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1294

@KatieJConner: Maria De La Rosa is in court, talking with #JodiArias mom #TravisAlexander #abc15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From News20:
Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 17s17 seconds ago

Judge is hearing other cases.

#JodiArias' mom is still sitting in courtroom.

Will we get a decision before the lunch break?

From Erickson:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 23s23 seconds ago

During #VerdictWatch in 2013 of the #JodiArias trial, it was mayhem outside the court.

Today, there's no one.

[video=youtube;BzjLW3lNwJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLW3lNwJM&t=51[/video]

I think JSS will take sentencing under advisement..and tell us in 2 months..:) Not much faith here.

I just learned she comes back to Montreal in the summer as well :( I'd have a few choice words for her if I saw her on the streets
Actually, Homolka is living in Quebec again. This is according to her sister who had to testify in the Luka Magnotta trial (because he used her name on the packages he mailed). The prosecutor asked her where her sister was living and since she was under oath, she had to say. http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/karla-homolka-is-living-in-canada-again-magnotta-trial-hears-1.2058469

When defense attacked Juan with no evidence, did she admonish the lawyer or the defense witness and told jury to disregard? One of the many many things that ready bothered me.

At times I didn't know who to feel sorrier for..........Juan or the Alexander family.

I have never seen any Judge tolerate rudeness and total disrespect in their courtroom whether it comes from the state side or the defense side.

But here Juan has had to not only fight alone to give Travis a voice but has had to fight for his own good reputation, and all of it done right in front of the jury. It was reprehensible behavior by the DT and their condescending so called hired gun experts and to know it was allowed is mindboggling.

Every claim of prosecutorial misconduct I have seen before this was brought up with the Judge only and the jury was never present.

I really will be glad when this is all over with. It has been torturous for me to keep up with it because of the DT-et al's nastiness and rude bully behavior being allowed over and over again.

I know this, I will never watch another DP trial where JSS is at the helm not even if Juan is the Prosecutor who is the best of the best. I just don't have the patience anymore to tolerate what happens when she is in charge.

Revenge and JUST punishment, you know one that fits the crime are two separate issues IMO. I'd like to see a case study on those who could not dole out a death sentence for one who killed so cruely, was premeditated, drove a thousand miles to do this etc and showed no remorse and we have pics..how they can not find the DP fitting..Cause I dont get it. If it was your family, your child, your brother etc I'm guessing you (Just a general term here) could do a dp..I know I could.

Of course if it was someone's family member they could, that is why family members aren't jurors.

JA clearly deserves death. No question. But studies about jurors who vote on the DP shows that it haunts them, causes PTSD (the real kind, not the Jodi kind).

From a summary about one study:

1,200 jurors from 353 capital trials, confirm Slick’s findings. The study revealed that 62.5 percent of female jurors and 37.5 percent of male jurors had sought counseling after sitting on a capital trial. Eighty-one percent of female jurors and 18 percent of male jurors regretted the decisions made in their cases.

https://verdict.justia.com/2013/10/...shment-jurors-justices-governors-executioners

Saying that "I would" or "I could" give the DP is not the same as saying "I will". Even a trial as clear as this one is asking jurors to make a decision that they will carry the weight of for the rest of their lives, and it is that weight that they could be struggling with, framing it in such a way that they can feel confident and comfortable knowing that, for the rest of their lives, they will feel at peace with the vote they cast.

They feel he used her for sex while being of mormon ethics to other women. This is their justification for not deciding on death. They may not admit it but iam sure that is on some of their minds.

That was in Nurmi's closing - that Travis using JA for sex but nothing else was the relief valve (paraphrase) that allowed him to behave gentlemanly with Lisa et al, but created the emotional turmoil/distress that built up and momentarily caused her to lose it on June 4.

From Erickson:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 43s43 seconds ago

For those who've asked... I've not seen a crock pot brought into jury deliberations today. #jodiarias

It is my understanding that Perryville is very very overcrowded. What I read last night said that they have 2-3 women in a small cell for something like 6 weeks during receiving (when they first get there) because they have to wait to have space for them on their yard. There is a website called Prison talk and on their forums you can read about specific prisons. Here's the forum for Perryville. The killer is going to hate every second of it. I'm fine w/ her having life because she'll be there longer. http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1294

Wow that is a very interesting forum to read. I wouldn't last in any kind of prison. I would be scared out of my mind.

Only 472 people here... I saw a high of 801 yesterday!!

blue2-smiley.gif

From MW:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 23s24 seconds ago

As I told @MikeGalanosHLN last November, for #JodiArias,
taking away any attention, for her, would be a fate worse than death.

Yep ... lol !

It's is her first DP case and she's being OVERLY cautious. She's in over her head. Why they assigned such a big case to a judge with no DP experience is beyond me.

Oh my. That makes a lot of sense. She should have been mentored after the first trial. Inexperience + a defendant like this one… definitely in over her head.

Wow. I take a 3 hour nap and still no verdict??!!
I think I'll take that as a good sign. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow