VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the DP voters are reminding and showing the others how this killer planned this slaughter, which dragged in her own grandparents FGS, and executed it for weeks. This wasn't a snap decision-- this was pure evil.

I'm so sad for the A family-- may peace touch their hearts in whatever way it can.

Everything you said and so much more. But what absolutely sealed the deal for for me, was the letter she wrote to the Alexander's--zero remorse, describing a fake scenario (with probably some truth) of what TA went through at the hands of his murder(s), and then making sure to let them know his sin as a Mormon.

There is not one single mitigator she presented that would convince me that this killer was anything other than obsessed but mentally sound, deliberate and determined--she had a plan, was going to make TA suffer for his rejection of her, chose to punish anyone who supported or loved TA, and then was going to lie to avoid responsibility at all and any cost

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

No, you misunderstood. Not that more AAs are against the DP, but are incarcerated or executed. Thanks.

eta
http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/...us-death-penalty-facts/death-penalty-and-race

I do not want to insert the race card and detract from this thread. I was merely agreeing with Oceanblueeyes that young, attractive white women are treated differently in the justice system, and added that Black males fare the worst. I apologize if my post was not clear. Again, this is the Alexander's day and I am not wanting to detract from that.
Ahhh I got you. I thought that for a bit too, but I believe the Casey Anthony comparisons actually may have hurt Jodi Arias because everyone wants justice for Caylee, so if I'm making sense, it's like they feel the pretty Caucasian girl archetype needs to not get away again, so to speak.

I don't really think that is what will keep her from getting death like she deserves. If they really felt that she was used for sex by Travis then they have to be dumb as a rock, collectively. All of the evidence showed the opposite. She used her sexual manipulation game and gave Travis kinky sex he had never experienced before. So much so that even Travis began to feel like he was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat.:( It really shows how sad Travis was about the sex she pushed in his face.

We have been here on a crime message board long enough to know the justice system is not equal when it comes to female defendants even when they commit a horrific gruesome DP crime like JA.

If they don't give her death it will be the same old tired reason other females haven't been given it when it was deserved and nothing less. She is a white female and somewhat young. That is the favorable profile and gender who never seems to be punished as much as a male who did a same like crime or even a crime that wasn't nearly has heinous as this one.

If Travis' name had been Travetta or something similar and the defendant had been named Travis he would have received the death penalty last year unanimously.

We are still stagnated in societal views on gender biases when it comes to the justice system. If Caylee's father had murdered her just like her mother did he would be on death row. Since the murderer of CMA was a female they let her murdering mom walk free. That would have never happened if it had been a man who murdered sweet precious Caylee.

It is already known that adult male victims rarely get true justice if their murderer happens to be done by a female. Same thing if babies and children are heinously murdered by their own mothers. If they are even convicted of the crime their punishment usually is far less than if it had been the father doing the murder. Its really shameful that gender biases still exist today when we have seen females do some of the most heinous murders imaginable.

IMO

Zahra Baker comes to mind.. Did her killer get DP or what? I havent kept up on it but that woman deserves DP if anyone does in my book.

From Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 2m2 minutes ago

#JodiArias is brought to a holding cell here in the courthouse every day by a SWAT-like team of jail officers.
She is waiting like us.

I can see Sandy running to grab their seats as soon as they left. :facepalm:

:thinking: Or Donovan ... lol !

It is just awful what happened yesterday to the Alexander Family ... they've been through enough !

heard on radio this morning someone talking about a totally different case but they said that they (jurors) are not giving the death penalty or killing someone...the criminal did this to themselves and they (jurors) are just following the law to give them that sentence.

Sure wish the jurors would bring up this line of thinking because it is so right....problem is some are going to feel they personally are killing someone.
How do you know that?

I can. I've been there in 120 degree heat. And it's dry heat, but still unbearable, everything melts. My Phoenix cousins would leave and travel during the summer months. On that particular trip, my radiator overheated and my tires blew out!!

Ugh. I wonder what is worse. Being outside (in the shade) or stuck inside a sweltering building full of prisoners that probably aren't allowed to shower every day.

I see I haven't missed anything so far today. Hopefully there is a verdict later in the day, but if not, I will just have to keep my patience in check and realize how hard this is for Travis' family. I haven't read all posts, has anyone tweeted anything about the jurors?

From Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 14s15 seconds ago

#JodiArias jurors are back. Quick break.

Let's all hope they are close to wrapping this up.

PER BK: The 8 Jurors have returned and she is starting the deliberation clock again.

I've been following this case about midway through last trial, but rarely posted. I'm more of a lurker, and am typically playing catch-up on the threads. My first thought about the jury questions from yesterday is that they may have wanted clarification on what the life sentences entail as opposed to the DP, which could be why they were given the modified Allen charge. They may not actually be hung, but some jurors may have wanted to know the difference in conditions between the two sentences. JMO

I think on paper, this case was an easy first DP case - JA admitted to killing Travis, and the state had a lot of evidence against her. When JSS was assigned the case, I doubt anyone but the DT thought it was going to be as convoluted as it became or as big of a case as it became. JMO

BBM Agreed, we don't know what the "impasse" was concerning. It could have been just about anything; how to weigh mitigators, sentencing, murder 1 charge. I've never been summoned for jury duty so I can only imagine the questions that surface in a trial of this magnitude.

Tweets:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 1m1 minute ago

EXCLUSIVE: Gold Patrol interview of #JodiArias trial juror Tara Kelley turned TravisAlexander Supporter at retrial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAimeaIqN4 …

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 53s54 seconds ago

Just saw eight jurors go back into the jury deliberation room after lunch #jodarias

From MW:
Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 38s39 seconds ago

#jodiarias jurors just returned to deliberation room after lunch break-
hearing word of some closed door pow-wow at 1:00pm #3tvarias

are they still at lunch? ill have to be sparing with checking after about 8.30 :sigh:

From Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 35s35 seconds ago

I have been told that #JodiArias spends a lot of time "working on her paperwork" while alone in her courthouse holding cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics