VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't even make sense. The judge held a secret hearing without informing the press of what was going on and then called them back in only for them to see how she is handling oher cases and to be told we will call you if anything happens? What on earth? Does the judge get off on keeping people guessing or something?

Anyone solved the mystery of yesterday's "Not a hearing but the gang's all here except the court reporter" gathering in JSS's hallway?

That didn't even make sense. The judge held a secret hearing without informing the press of what was going on and then called them back in only for them to see how she is handling oher cases and to be told we will call you if anything happens? What on earth? Does the judge get off on keeping people guessing or something?

She didn't call them back in...the doors were unlocked so they all rushed in. My understanding is JSS was gone by then. Monica said after they sat in the courtroom for 5 or 10 minutes with nothing happening, then they were told to leave.

JSS is elected correct? How, in AZ can one be debenched (impeached) for not abiding by the constitution?

Only Arizonans have a say about JSS. People from other states should NOT be involved!!!

JSS is elected correct? How, in AZ can one be debenched (impeached) for not abiding by the constitution?

She is not elected, although she is subject to retention elections.

The AZ Judicial Commission can enforce judicial ethical rules, but the issue here doesn't seem to be one of ethics.

I have never compared judges in the CA and JA cases. It is a comparison of jurors IMO.

Yeah, but the people who rave how much better of a judge Judge Perry was than Judge Stephens, fail to realize that Perry blew it with jury selection by caving to the DT and they didn't get a Guilty verdict, JSS did!

The guilty verdict wasn't due to anything JSS did in this case. A judge doesn't get credit for a conviction.

The DIRECT EVIDENCE against Jodi was the reason she was convicted.

That I know. I am wondering if she can be impeached in the state of AZ. She is a government official, correct?

Only Arizonans have a say about JSS. People from other states should NOT be involved!!!

Raced home from my doctor appointment, knowing the verdict would be read while I was gone. Wrong. Glad they haven't hung yet.

I'm absolutely perplexed why there was a secret hearing. AZL - any ideas?

She didn't call them back in...the doors were unlocked so they all rushed in. My understanding is JSS was gone by then. Monica said after they sat in the courtroom for 5 or 10 minutes with nothing happening, then they were told to leave.

Right. It does not make sense. Makes no sense whatsoever. There's no reason a public trial should be this secretive.

Hello all - I've been riveted to the conversations but have never posted before - I'm in uk and it is 21:36 pm - what time is it in Arizona please - sorry for such a dumb question :)

Nothing new from Twitter ...

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago

In public courtrooms, when the jury has a question, it is read in open court. We have not heard everything during these delibs. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 35s35 seconds ago

We are all just waiting around...nothing to report #3tvarias #jodiarias

I haven't seen any of that.

(and I was just teasing, you know that, right?)
I am 99.9% snark.

Me neither. I've not posted much on this forum though have followed the trial from almost the start. I'm personally against the DP in all cases for a number of reasons but that doesn't mean I don't believe in lock em and throw away the key for the worst offenders, of which JA is one IMO. Paradoxically, I would sort of like her to get the DP as I think it would never be implemented, I detest the lies she has told about the victim to try and save her own skin (particularly the pedophilia ones) and also because it would drive them even crazier over at JAII. I know - it's confusing and I am confused! But I do feel that in cases like this an anti-DP stance is not going to be popular here, but so be it. Perhaps it may also have something to do with the fact I live in an a non-DP country where there is no taste for reinstating it. Anyway, all just MO. Now I'll let you get back to your lunch Mrs Bluth.

hello all - i've been riveted to the conversations but have never posted before - i'm in uk and it is 21:36 pm - what time is it in arizona please - sorry for such a dumb question :)

02:39 pm

Right, not about ethics, but more importantly about constitutional rights. I really just don't understand how something like that would happen because I ave never heard of anything like this.

She is not elected, although she is subject to retention elections.

The AZ Judicial Commission can enforce judicial ethical rules, but the issue here doesn't seem to be one of ethics.

Hello all - I've been riveted to the conversations but have never posted before - I'm in uk and it is 21:36 pm - what time is it in Arizona please - sorry for such a dumb question :)

It's not a dumb question and welcome to ws!!!! It's 2:40

It's about 2:40 in the afternoon -- so a little less than 2 hours left to deliberate if they stick with their schedule. Oh, and WELCOME!!

That I know. I am wondering if she can be impeached in the state of AZ. She is a government official, correct?

I do not live in Arizona, but I don't think she should be! I think she's a good judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876