VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooooo does that mean Juror #4 is mad, or just hot from heat? Can I just re-state that I HATE trial by twitter?

This is probably the same juror who had a red face the other day. It could be from embarrassment or just flushed from having all eyes on him. My son's face flushes all the time for different reasons.

I agree with Troy, this second trial has been a waste and will likely result in JSS being the one to call it, as she would have the first time too, so basically it's all been for nothing at huge expense, etc. It'll end up LWOP in my opinion, and would have the first go-round too.

I agree with you completely.

Of course Charles Manson comes to mind. He was sentenced to death then before he could be executed his sentence was changed to life. He wasn't there either. Your thoughts?

He was at the La Bianca house. Tied them up then left before the killing started.

DP was appropriate sentence. He engineered all the murders and he personally killed others along the way (supposedly).

Troy H was streaming live and he said some really interesting things about this second trial. He basically said if the first jury who heard ALL of the evidence was split 8-4, how was there an expectation that this second jury who heard less evidence was going to come up with a 12/12 verdict? He talked about the endless money spent on this second mini/sentencing trial and how he thinks it should have been life after the first jury couldn't decide on an exact sentence. So much time, more heartbreak for the Alexanders having to go through the murder again, endless money, expecting a jury to do what the first jury couldn't do, even with less evidence. I also feel like having a second jury sort of says we don't believe or trust the first jury...

I don't know what to think but I do believe he made some good points.

The rate of securing a death verdict in a sentencing retrial in AZ is very high. The state had a good shot this time.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
The jurors looked upset to me #jodiarias #3tvarias

YES! this makes me sooooooo happy. Just call me llama girl cause I loved it so much!

[video=youtube;NEZhfJkBjxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZhfJkBjxc[/video]
Thanks so much for posting that! It was much needed.

From the tweets from yesterday I do believe that there was an impasse of some sort yesterday.
I still think that this all should have been public and out in the open.

That came from one person, a non media type. No truth to it. She wouldn't have issued a modified impasse instruction unless they indicated they were at an impasse.

No the questions were numbered 5 and 6 and the dynamite charge is only given when the jury is at an impasse. The questions must have indicated this.

Thanks guys! I went back and did an advanced search and found this: https://twitter.com/search?q=#5 and #6 #jodiarias&src=typd

It's really hard to know exactly what's going on when all info is only via twitter.

He was at the La Bianca house. Tied them up then left before the killing started.

DP was appropriate. He engineered all the murders and he personally killed others along the way (supposedly).

However never tried and convicted of it. Correct?

If they're still hung now, it'll likely stay that way so hopefully they call it this afternoon.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 3m3 minutes ago
.@AdriannaAmato just reminded me of all the crazy things that have happened down here today...none #JodiArias related.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
A homeless guy serenaded photog @rick_leabo with what I think was Sam Smith.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 3m3 minutes ago
A woman announced to me that she was the "daughter of jesus" and that we better watch it.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
And finally, a guy asked me for an apple then gave me a two minute air guitar solo on the courthouse steps. You all should sit here sometime

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 1m1 minute ago
Also, @rick_leabo watched a woman brag about not being indicted, walk 50 feet, start a fight and get hauled back in to the courthouse.

I have to tell you that I find the second shot at the death penalty a waste of money and time. I know that will bother people. But I think the people who should decide on the DP are the ones who sat through the trial every day. If they don't find for death, then that should be it.

dis-like-smiley.gif

:whistle:

Could someone go turn some llamas loose near the courthouse? Or maybe some emus? I need a laugh about now. :(

:emu: Emus are always worth a chuckle.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 4m4 minutes ago
I'm sad. I feel like I'm being excluded bc no one will tells us anything. #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth