Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are thinking of the kickback as though it were a shotgun. That could and has broken poorly placed noses (notably Eric Harris' during the attack on Columbine), but this was a side arm, it's made to be more manageable and maneuverable than a shot gun. That's the whole point!

I had to go to the airport and stuck 20 pages back and trying to catch up.

http://youtu.be/fc_WamMBoRs

NOT a 9mm but smaller pistols have slighty harder recoil than larger pistols.

Now use common sense.
On your back.
Weight on top of you
Holding moving your arms pushing them down towards your body and face.
You manage to get the gun in front of you, one handed, non dominate hand.
It's not rocket science.
Ok, it is...

sorry i posted the court link and ran.........

multi-tasking here in the hive, making pulled pork, watching a cake in the oven and here lol

have had that link up all day and first time it went back to courtroom

Yes he LOVED his son, there is no doubt on that. I love the photo of him kissing Trayvon. So sad. Undoubtedly there are alot of "whatifs" on his mind.

That photo in particular just breaks my heart. JMO. OMO. MOO.

So, trying to keep the person, or "a-- h--e" in sight..... is wrong how? All he was doing was keeping an eye on him till LE arrived. That is not against the law, and could be very helpful. If GZ lived in my neighborhood I'd be perfectly happy with that. Any night I look out my window and I see someone, anyone, darting between houses I'm going to call 911 and keep an eye on them. I sure as heck won't just go sit on my rump and say it isn't any of my business. The guy that lives next door to me just had his car window broken out, and his rifle stolen off the front seat. What did the cops say when they came out? They said, "we've had several break-ins in your neighborhood, and it's unsettling to think they now have a gun"! If I had my choice of living next to GZ or TM, I'll take GZ!

And I would prefer not to live next to a trigger happy person that has a problem with anger issues that refuses to follow instructions/advice. But that's just me. Give me the teenage boy that went to the store for his "possible" step brother to get him some candy instead.

MOO

GZ was being questioned immediately...
Arias had plenty of time to come up with a b.s. story...imo

Her ninja story was made up on the spot (well, maybe overnight in jail) when her brilliant "I wasn't there" story failed though.

MeeBee, I don't want to criticize Mr. Martin but they put out picture of a 12 year old when he was killed and prosecutors called him a child. So why does this dad not report his "child" missing until the next morning if he was just going after some skittles? To me, that's child endangerment!

So you cannot have it both ways.

Add to that the parents, when neither one was watching TM, sued the neighborhood watch or the homeowners association for wrongful death and received a settlement of one million dollars.

MOO

Plus took out 2 trademarks on his name.

MOM was not his lawyer when the interview was arranged, and he couldn't talk GZ out of going through with it. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Do you know how MOM became his attorney? How were they hooked up?

I'm wondering because I don't think MOM has been doing the best job for him. He seems a bit too self-interested.

Not for me when he looks over to the exact spot but neglects to show them the exact spot. Of course the spot he stopped at was closer to the T and seemed to bolster his story more than the spot where the killing actually occurred.

MOO

Did LE ask him to point out the exact spot? Maybe I should watch it again, it's been a long time since I did. MOO.

I read somewhere the Judge was going to keep their names anonymous for 6 months. I don't think their names should be made public.

I agree. Also I'm glad that whatever threats were made against the KC jurors just sort of fizzled out.

If the media and politics had stayed out of this case, would this case have been handled differently? IMO, yes.

GZ would never have a problem passing a lie detector test because he truly believes he has done nothing wrong. You can see this in his interview with SH. He sounds very believable. jmo

There are also many medications which can change the outcome of a polygraph test, including benzodiazepines. IIR, a benzo was listed as prescriptions that GZ was taking when he went to the Dr. the following day to get a note to go back to work. If LE is aware you are taking benzos, they will not administer a polygraph test. I don't believe the doc was evidence in court, but someone posted a link to the doc about 10 days ago?

MeeBee, I don't want to criticize Mr. Martin but they put out picture of a 12 year old when he was killed and prosecutors called him a child. So why does this dad not report his "child" missing until the next morning if he was just going after some skittles? To me, that's child endangerment!

So you cannot have it both ways.

Add to that the parents, when neither one was watching TM, sued the neighborhood watch or the homeowners association for wrongful death and received a settlement of one million dollars.

MOO

And took out 2 trademarks on his name.

Plus took out 2 trademarks on his name.

I think they did that so that no one else could use or profit or market Trayvon's name not because they wanted to make money off his name themselves.

GZ was being questioned immediately...
Arias had plenty of time to come up with a b.s. story...imo
IIRC...she didn't have to wait for LE to come to her...she was very willing to insert herself into the crime. Again...I think the point was not all people who are willing to talk without lawyers are innocent...and I suppose the opposite is true as well.

BBM.

So that he could tell LE which direction TM ran in. There is no evidence that GZ actually wanted to confront TM. TM does the confronting, not GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Didn't GZ already tell the dispatcher that Trayvon was running toward the back entrance before GZ started following him?

Eh, people make too big deal out of this imo. I see it not much worse than the people who praise God for saving their home from a tornado when the next street over people lost their homes. They'll say God is good and such, while surrounded by carnage. God's will gives and takes.

And he really couldn't say he would do it differently for legal reasons, because it could be interpreted as taking blame and have possible have civil legal repercussions.

BBM

I agree with you. I think this is exactly why he said what he did in that interview. Although I don't like it, no way would a lawyer allow his client to say that he wishes he never shot him. That is basically making the statement that you did something wrong.

IMO

And took out 2 trademarks on his name.

I don't blame them. It's a high-profile case, and strangers might try to make money off it. I believe that Polly Klaas's name is trademarked too, along with other missing/murdered children.

I didn't follow that trial. Did JA call a NEN before she killed Travis? JMO. OMO. MOO.

No, JA didn't call NEN before she killed Travis - but she did call LE several times immediately after he was found (when she was 'notified'), whiile the investigators were on the scene - to offer her assistance, so JA did definitely initiate contact with police. IMO, JMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay