**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Did the Youngs' neighbor testify or did the State put in a picture of their vehicle?

imo

IIRC, it was Spivey who was asked, and he who replied. I don't recall the defense ever questioning Spivey about it.

I figured you'd be right.:) I deleted my post.

Oh gosh, no need to delete post. :( It was an honest mistake. I'm certain I've made some honest mistakes too. I just remembered thinking 'why would he write Meredith's number in his atlas, when he never called Meredith?' Why would he write her number down before leaving home that day?

Otto, I truly believe you could be called as an expert in any case.

Thank you for all you do!!

Btw, you are right, the width seems to be the problem as well.

:eek:

Can't wait to see SG43's demo.

The width is definitely a consideration. Here's a comparison of men's size 12.5 and a woman's size 8

youngsize8_12.jpg

The width is definitely a problem.

Have you ever inspected a size 10 Franklin?
Perhaps you can Google the specs, chart it and compare to a name brand we know he wore.

Oh gosh, no need to delete post. :( It was an honest mistake. I'm certain I've made some honest mistakes too. I just remembered thinking 'why would he write Meredith's number in his atlas, when he never called Meredith?' Why would he write her number down before leaving home that day?

No one ever said Jason wrote the number down before he left home.

It is just as likely that Jason wrote the number down while trying to call MF while driving to give it to his Mom.

Gosh, here is a thought.

Since Jason's plan was to call MF and find her body, don't you think he would have memorized her phone number in advance?

Nothing like writing down the number down on the fly or talk about making it up as he went along, wow.!!

Some plan.

He didn't even know MF's phone number by heart and she was "supposedly" part of the rescue and discover plan.

The width is definitely a problem.

It sure is, Otto.

I still wish either side would have tried a shoe demo....could have been the smoking gun moment we all waited for.

Otto, I truly believe you could be called as an expert in any case.

Thank you for all you do!!

Btw, you are right, the width seems to be the problem as well.

:eek:

Can't wait to see SG43's demo.

The shoes mr gracielee tried on were an 8 WIDE in a ladies size. My feet aren't overly wide, I can wear a medium or wide, but when wide is available, especially in a shoe I would normally wear with socks, for walking distances, I buy the wide for comfort. Now mr gracielee has a narrow foot. Again, not overly narrow, he wouldn't be out hunting around for a narrow shoe. He wears the common size men's medium. I think possibly his feet look more narrow to me because they are so much longer than mine. I tried slipping his birkies on to just run outside to let the dogs in once. They just kept falling off my feet though. Way too big for me.

So true... and the dt stressed to the jury, over and over, the lack of anything linking jy forensically to the scene. My concern is the the pt didn't stress to the jury, over and over, that we don't always leave dna... An expert could've counteracted the dt's insinuations that his dna had to be there if he did it. It seems like a simple enough concept, that we don't always leave dna behind, but sometimes we assume that what is obvious to us, is obvious to everyone! What the jurors heard, repeatedly, is how do explain the lack of dna? And I'm a little worried it wasn't explained to them in the most logical way... that we just don't always leave our dna behind!!! I'm hoping the jury doesn't get hung up on this!
JMO

So very true! David Westerfield didn't leave so much as a hair when he went into the Van Dam house and kidnapped DVD. We know he ended up killing her.

I don't quite understand your question.

we know the size of the shoe was on the sole of the Franklin, how do we know if it is a regular widith Franklin? Just curious. I wear size 9 regular width NewBalance shoes but my skechers are 9 wide.

The shoes mr gracielee tried on were an 8 WIDE in a ladies size. My feet aren't overly wide, I can wear a medium or wide, but when wide is available, expecially in a shoe I would normally wear with socks, for walking distances, I buy the wide for comfort. Now mr gracielee has a narrow foot. Again, not overly narrow, he wouldn't be out hunting around for a narrow shoe. He wears the common size men's medium. I think possibly his feet look more narrow to me because they are so much longer than mine. I tried slipping his birkies on to just run outside to let the dogs in once. They just kept falling off my feet though. Way too big for me.

That would make a difference ... putting a men's narrow foot in women's wide shoe. Jason doesn't have a narrow foot, as we've seen from the NTO photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member