**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why this jury was not sequestered? . Somehow, I can't see all them totally tuning everyone/everything out in relation to this crime.

Good question, especially in a retrial.

I guess it's not only more expensive to sequester,(hotel, meals, etc)

but it is more difficult to find people on a jury who agree to be sequestered.

I find it hard to believe we made it all the way through trial without using an alternate, as 3 jurors were dismissed before the trial got underway.

we know the size of the shoe was on the sole of the Franklin, how do we know if it is a regular widith Franklin? Just curious. I wear size 9 regular width NewBalance shoes but my skechers are 9 wide.

High end shoes come in a variety of widths in some shops, but cheap shoes come in one standard width ... women's width is B and men's width is D.

That would make a difference ... putting a men's narrow foot in women's wide shoe. Jason doesn't have a narrow foot, as we've seen from the NTO photos.

Jason does have some "big feet".

So very true! David Westerfield didn't leave so much as a hair when he went into the Van Dam house and kidnapped DVD. We know he ended up killing her.

Thats true. He didnt murder her there nor hit her 30 times in the head inside the home.

Her fingerprint was found in his camper though.

That would make a difference ... putting a men's narrow foot in women's wide shoe. Jason doesn't have a narrow foot, as we've seen from the NTO photos.

I don't know, JLY's foot looks quite similar to mr gracielee's. Like I said, mr. gracielee's foot looks narrow to me because it's so much longer than mine. Mr. gracielee wears a standard men's size 12 shoe. He doesn't go to the big men's store. He does wear *tall* sizes in shirts, coats, etc. Otherwise the sleeves are too short for him. Before he retired, and I had to buy him dress shirts, his sleeve length was 35/36. I think that's how they are listed, aren't they? Anything less than that was too short for him. Like I said, my feet aren't *boats*. :) Most of my shoes are mediums, but if it's something I wear with socks, and a wide is available, I buy the wide because of comfort sake. I don't like my toes being pinched together in walking shoes.

They look pretty narrow to me. Without a scaled photo though, we really do not know if his feet were narrow, normal or wide width.

IMO

I doubt that cheap men's shoes, as they've been described, come in anything other than a D width.

WalMart sells shoes in wide width. Payless Shoe Source sells shoes in wide width. Those are just two examples of cheap shoes that comes to mind right away.

The price point of the shoe does not eliminate the availability of wide width.

IMO

High end shoes come in a variety of widths in some shops, but cheap shoes come in one standard width ... women's width is B and men's width is D.

Not necessarily true....

It is quite common for cheaper shoes to be made in wide widths.

Payless Shoes, Target, KMart etc have a large selection of wide widths

That is not at all true.

IMO

I doubt that cheap men's shoes, as they've been described, come in anything other than a D width.

That's the size mr gracielee wears, 12 D. I thought that was standard for men? In a women's shoe, that would be wide, but most of the men's shoes I see are 12D. Like I said before, mr gracielee hates to shop, so it's usually me & my daughter out shopping for him. If I find a sale, I pick him up some shoes or he'd be walking around in holey shoes. :) He absolutely hates shopping, especially for shoes. Lately I've been picking shoes up for him from Kohl's, when I have my 30% off coupon. :seeya:

WalMart sells shows in wide width. Payless Shoe Source sells shoes in wide width. Those are just two examples of cheap shoes that comes to mind right away.

The price point of the shoe does not eliminate the availability of wide width.

IMO

Right, I have bought those knockoff white shoes that look like keds in a 9W at wal-mart.

I believe in the jury instructions, the judge said that if they believe it was two people, including the defendant or the accused, and that they believe he may have done the crime in coercion with another, that he would be guilty or they both would be guilty.

IMHO, the fact is to me, JY's size 12 Orbital WAS at the scene of the crime DURING the crime, so the second shoe size 10 isn't even significant to me. Whether he brought or wore size 10 to throw LE off or if he was WITH someone else.

IMHO, he's guilty. I highly doubt someone helped him. These types usually don't tell a soul what they're up to. Look how JY lied to his friends about the weekend he went to Florida. Well, until AFTER it was all over.:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

We had a cook-out yesterday for one of our daughters birthday. My sons in law brought up the JLY trial, asking 'what I thought about it.' As I explained the evidence and my thoughts I saw a bit of fear creep into their eyes. :fence: Oh they know I'd hunt them down like dogs were anything to happen to one of our daughters. :floorlaugh:

The Gracielee & Associates. Lead Investigator Gracielee with Mr. Gracilee as her assistant. No shoes or running bra's left untried! LOL You go girl!

I found it quite humorous that the two friends of his called to testify by the defense said he was a manipulative horndog. I mean that cracked me up. The first guy, when asked to describe him said he was *manipulative*, and the second guy comes out with *horndog*. And these are his *friends*. :) I wonder why the defense didn't call Ryan, who had lived with him for a number of years, and appeared to have been if not his best friend, right up there in the top two or three.

The Gracielee & Associates. Lead Investigator Gracielee with Mr. Gracilee as her assistant. No shoes or running bra's left untried! LOL You go girl!

LOL, mr gracielee tried to help me get a sports bra off once. I'd hurt my back, had three ruptured disc's, and was in such pain. Poor mr gracielee, it was like trying to get a rubber band out of my hair when it gets all twisted up. He was grunting and groaning, probably even cussing a bit. "How the hell do you do this by yourself?' he says! :floorlaugh: That bra was all twisted and tangled by the time he yanked it off of me. :D

The state's case is built on "maybe's" , "could have's" and "possibles".

Jason "could" have drugged CY.
CY "maybe" witnessed the murder.
It was "possible" Jason drove close to 3 hours back to Raleigh.

Or, the following which were all proven wrong:

The NTO was issued because there "could" have been injurires consistent on Jason's body of being in a struggle.
The search warrant was issued for his SUV cause 'maybe" there was blood inside.
Another search warrant was issued to see if the Young's were having "possible" financial difficulties.

Some things that are not viewed as "maybe" or "could" or "possible":

*JY's HP shoes were indeed at the crime scene and were the shoes that made the bloody shoe print - the DT admitted that.
*JY did admit to leaving his Hampton Inn room 3 times without a key card.
*JY was 30 minutes late for his next morning's appointment.
*JY was in a volatile marriage.
*JY was having a marital affair
*JY did indicate that he was in love with another woman.
*JY had a bad relationship with his mother-in-law and did NOT want her to live with them
*JY did buy $2M in life insurance against his wife's life.
*Cassidy was not harmed.
*The house at Birchleaf was not broken into.
*There was no bloody trail from the upstairs to the downstairs and out the door.
*JY was on the internet and did visit a sports website the night of 11/2/2006 just before he went to the lobby at midnight to see sports scores in the USA Today.
*JY was not known to have ever smoked a cigar
*JY was carrying a computer carrying bag (computer charger excuse)
*JY did have his phone turned off between midnight and 7:30am (or so)
*The shirt JY wore in the lobby at midnight were never seen again.
*The HP shoes were never been seen again.

I found it quite humorous that the two friends of his called to testify by the defense said he was a manipulative horndog. I mean that cracked me up. The first guy, when asked to describe him said he was *manipulative*, and the second guy comes out with *horndog*. And these are his *friends*. :) I wonder why the defense didn't call Ryan, who had lived with him for a number of years, and appeared to have been if not his best friend, right up there in the top two or three.

IMO, I do believe between the state and the defense calling RS to testify might would have been another show down like with HC and PY. The dt was not going to call him because on cross HC would have a field day. Remember RS lived with JY. Why the state did not call him (RS) I have no idea unless they thought it would hurt them regarding RS telling PY to get a lawyer for JY.

If we are to believe that Michelle lied to the traffic investigator about the facts of the accident, does that mean that she was truthful regarding what she told friends?

If I recall correctly, she did not speak to the traffic cop. I think the traffic cop testified that he spoke with Jason only, but that Michelle did not disagree with the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member