Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
July 20th - next homicide conference - DA can table re-trial at that time.

I'm upset, but not totally surprised with the outcome.
Our electricity went out several times, so I'm just now getting back on here. Thank you all for your great posts and thoughts, makes getting caught up so much easier.

I don't know what happened? Was it addressed as to the status of JLY?

What was LF showing a pic of MY to PY for? What happens to JY now?

Good, so now the State finally knows JYs defense. They can get him on the re-do. I'm glad he has to stay in jail while awaiting re-trial.

I wish we knew what the 8/4 meant? I THINK it may mean 8 NG, but not sure. Anyone know?

fran

I wish we knew what the 8/4 meant? I THINK it may mean 8 NG, but not sure. Anyone know?

fran

Can you imagine if that's the case? I'd think the state would say forget it then - no?

I hope it's with a different prosecution team. BH should be OUT IMO. I wonder if it will be with Judge Stephens again?

Can you imagine if that's the case? I'd think the state would say forget it then - no?

I don't think so. They have been after him for all these years. They finally have heard his "story" - they will be stronger in round 2 because of it.

I'm not that shocked that some of the jurors had reasonable doubt, but I am shocked that this Wake County jury did not return a guilty verdict. They normally do this and that's what has me so surprised. I know it's not a popular opinion on these boards, but I can see how they saw doubt. I don't think he is innocent. I believe he is guilty as charged and a very cruel, pathalogical person, but they are my feelings after following the case. IF I was a juror, I'm not sure I could take that leap to guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, based on the evidence.

I do hope the jurors do open up about how they saw things. It could help the state prepare more and close up any gaps. It could also cause the state to offer a plea deal.

Sure hope not.,,,,would be shocked.
The state made many errors and should be able to recover in round 2.
The case was and IS very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member