Viable Suspect: Terry Hobbs - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
moving the goalposts logical fallacy

he isn't a "celebrity" he's one of the founders of the Behavioral Science wing of the FBI and consulted on thousands of cases. He studied the crime scene files, and used his experience to come to the most logical conclusion based on said experiences. You little weasels keep throwing around that Echols was a jerk of a kid and his psyche profile around as if that's evidence for murder. It isn't.

I am particularly amused by the hand waving and hilariously inept "detective work" you've done. Is this place just for people who watch too much true crime TV to come and show off how they have no idea about crime investigation or something?

crime scene evidence does not match 3 teenage strangers, it DOES match an adult family member who was enraged and killed one which forced him to kill the others to hide the evidence. This is my determination, it matches Douglas's determination and pardon me if I go with what I know and an expert in the field of crime scene analysis over some biased yahoo on the internet.
True. He's also a victims rights advocate and very well regarded. He's not an incompetent idiot like Pat Brown or Blink on Crime

Does anyone know where I can find the recorded phone call between JMB and TH? Thanx

So Bob Ruff has recently spoken with CB's brother (RC), who says everything Jamie Clark B. stated (about walking home with him and seeing RC the next day at school, etc.) was a complete an utter fabrication, which I've been saying ever since her BS statement came out. That sighting is completely and utterly false and it goes to show you how little vetting was done by the film makers.

My point is, RC himself doesn't view this sighting as credible in the slightest, and confirms (or rather, debunks) it. If she's lying about the majority of the statement, she's obviously lying about seeing TH with the boys that day. Even Ruff (who is a supporter) believes this statement is totally false.

Which removes this siting from the timeline of verifiable sitings, and allows Terry Hobbs statement of not seeing Stevie that day as possibly true.

Which removes this siting from the timeline of verifiable sitings, and allows Terry Hobbs statement of not seeing Stevie that day as possibly true.

Right. Personally, I never included it in the timeline from the onset. I think it's somewhat of a shame that it took this long for this sighting to be "debunked," but better late than never I suppose.

It's people like JCB and her enablers (i.e. film makers who tracked her down and didn't vet her properly) that set this case back and prevent uncovering the truth for the 3 victims. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Does anyone have the source for TH saying both that ' they (law enforcement) have to protect me' and 'they (law enforcement) know where I was'? I've seen both on other forums but no cites.

So Bob Ruff has recently spoken with CB's brother (RC), who says everything Jamie Clark B. stated (about walking home with him and seeing RC the next day at school, etc.) was a complete an utter fabrication, which I've been saying ever since her BS statement came out. That sighting is completely and utterly false and it goes to show you how little vetting was done by the film makers.

Would it be too much to ask for a reference to this information ?

Does anyone have the source for TH saying both that ' they (law enforcement) have to protect me' and 'they (law enforcement) know where I was'? I've seen both on other forums but no cites.

I'm not so sure at the moment, but as a quick guess I would suggest looking at the Pasdar documents.

http://callahan.mysite.com/hobbs_pasdar/hp_depositions.html

I will try to follow up on this when I find the time to search my documents.

I don't remember this from the Pasdar deposition, but I'm going back through it. I do remember that about half way through it , I wanted to smack Mr Hobbs upside the head and say, " Stop that!!" "Answer the question!!!"

"I went and talked to the police in West Memphis for a follow-up,"
Hobbs said. "I've always been willing to cooperate, so I went over and done that."

T.W. Hobbs quote from Exhibit 24 pasdar Documents

Start at 41:50 and listen through to about 44:30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMnjEGQWVo

Bob Ruff has also mentioned it on multiple episodes of his podcast (can't recall exactly which episode off-hand).

That's interesting information. I would tend to agree with Bob Ruff's overall assessment of the situation that it didn't happen but it wasn't necessarily malicious from JCB. Its the type of false information that people are very, very sure happened when they're not interviewed till years after the event.

The only significance I would attach to the Ballard fake sighting is that it means the neighbourhood of Steven Branch's home wasn't canvassed very thoroughly at the time.

That's interesting information. I would tend to agree with Bob Ruff's overall assessment of the situation that it didn't happen but it wasn't necessarily malicious from JCB. Its the type of false information that people are very, very sure happened when they're not interviewed till years after the event.

The only significance I would attach to the Ballard fake sighting is that it means the neighbourhood of Steven Branch's home wasn't canvassed very thoroughly at the time.

Fair enough, although I would just say this: I don't know JCB, and I don't know if she deliberately lied or not, but what is appalling to me is the fact that this should have easily been vetted and dismissed by the producers of West of Memphis. It wasn't. They had the means to do so (if a guy like Bob Ruff and his limited resources could do it, so could they). They should have never run that in the movie. Never. Without knowing JCB or her family, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt; but I won't give the film makers any slack in this scenario. It was extremely irresponsible that they ran with the JCB sighting in West of Memphis, and could (and should) have easily been avoided. The onus of responsibility was on the film makers to properly vet this tip, and they failed miserably. Rant over.

I don't really see how this proves that the neighborhood wasn't canvassed. Maybe it wasn't thoroughly canvassed; but I don't see how this would prove so. It proves more to me that this sighting is completely and utterly bunk, and should have never been aired in the film.

Fair enough, although I would just say this: I don't know JCB, and I don't know if she deliberately lied or not, but what is appalling to me is the fact that this should have easily been vetted and dismissed by the producers of West of Memphis. It wasn't. They had the means to do so (if a guy like Bob Ruff and his limited resources could do it, so could they). They should have never run that in the movie. Never. Without knowing JCB or her family, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt; but I won't give the film makers any slack in this scenario. It was extremely irresponsible that they ran with the JCB sighting in West of Memphis, and could (and should) have easily been avoided. The onus of responsibility was on the film makers to properly vet this tip, and they failed miserably. Rant over.

I don't really see how this proves that the neighborhood wasn't canvassed. Maybe it wasn't thoroughly canvassed; but I don't see how this would prove so. It proves more to me that this sighting is completely and utterly bunk, and should have never been aired in the film.

That the makers of West of Memphis were irresponsible is old news to me, so that's probably why it wasn't the first thing that struck me when I heard this new information from RC. It should have been obvious that that film was dodgy as soon as we knew that they'd had Amanda Hobbs hypnotised to extract an accusation from her that her father had molested her. I'm pretty sure I posted here about it at the time - that's exactly the kind of dodgy practice that led to the whole Satanic Panic hysteria in the first place, which in turn led to the conviction of the WM3.

The Ballards lived three doors away from the Hobbs family at the time of the murder. If that neighbourhood had been canvassed thoroughly at the time they would have interviewed sooner. Another person that wasn't interviewed until 2007 was David Jacoby, which is another outrageous oversight from the WMPD because Jacoby was the main alibi witness for one of the victims' step fathers. That's two major lapses in a murder investigation, and I haven't even mentioned losing the blood scrapings from Mr Bojangles yet.

If this catalogue of errors turned up in, say, the Grim Reaper case, they're the type of thing campaigners would assume were signs of racism because the victims were black.

Thanks for the information Userid.

It's pretty much what I was expecting.. Bob Ruff has stated this opinion in his podcasts on other occasions as you mentioned. His opinion is shared by some "supporters" and "nons" alike. As far as his consultation with Ryan C. goes, Ryan can "debunk" his interactions with J.B. Clark, that's fair enough, it's his word against hers, but neither he or Bob Ruff can debunk the J.C. Ballard sighting, because they simply were not there when it took place.

Besides, a fact that is often forgotten, the sworn affidavits were from three individuals and not just one. The argumentation that the Ballard sightings do not corroborate with other sightings is not valid IMO because you could just as well say the sightings from others do not corroborate with the Ballard sighting.

As long as the three people who made these statements do not recant them, they remain just as genuine as any other sighting IMO, and if they ever recant them, it does not change the fact that Hobbs is the most viable suspect, still, after 25 years.

That the makers of West of Memphis were irresponsible is old news to me, so that's probably why it wasn't the first thing that struck me when I heard this new information from RC. It should have been obvious that that film was dodgy as soon as we knew that they'd had Amanda Hobbs hypnotised to extract an accusation from her that her father had molested her. I'm pretty sure I posted here about it at the time - that's exactly the kind of dodgy practice that led to the whole Satanic Panic hysteria in the first place, which in turn led to the conviction of the WM3.

The Ballards lived three doors away from the Hobbs family at the time of the murder. If that neighbourhood had been canvassed thoroughly at the time they would have interviewed sooner. Another person that wasn't interviewed until 2007 was David Jacoby, which is another outrageous oversight from the WMPD because Jacoby was the main alibi witness for one of the victims' step fathers. That's two major lapses in a murder investigation, and I haven't even mentioned losing the blood scrapings from Mr Bojangles yet.

If this catalogue of errors turned up in, say, the Grim Reaper case, they're the type of thing campaigners would assume were signs of racism because the victims were black.

So, it proves that the Ballards were never interviewed; not necessarily the whole neighborhood. Interesting fact: JCB's name does turn up in the WMPD's door-to-door interviews -- and it does show because either a) she was interviewed, but at another (friend's) address or b) a person at a different address gave her name to the police. I believe she actually was interviewed at the time, because if memory served, the address where her name appeared was one of a female who the same age and went to the same school as JCB; and also, police would do this with other people (who they talked to, but not at their actual addresses). I wish I could provide the source for this, but it's on an old board I'm not even sure exists anymore and it was discussed years ago. I could be wrong, but either way, JCB was on the WMPD radar at the time of the murders. Whether you want to believe they never talked to the family or not, that is a fact.

Thanks for the information Userid.

It's pretty much what I was expecting.. Bob Ruff has stated this opinion in his podcasts on other occasions as you mentioned. His opinion is shared by some "supporters" and "nons" alike. As far as his consultation with Ryan C. goes, Ryan can "debunk" his interactions with J.B. Clark, that's fair enough, it's his word against hers, but neither he or Bob Ruff can debunk the J.C. Ballard sighting, because they simply were not there when it took place.

Besides, a fact that is often forgotten, the sworn affidavits were from three individuals and not just one. The argumentation that the Ballard sightings do not corroborate with other sightings is not valid IMO because you could just as well say the sightings from others do not corroborate with the Ballard sighting.

As long as the three people who made these statements do not recant them, they remain just as genuine as any other sighting IMO, and if they ever recant them, it does not change the fact that Hobbs is the most viable suspect, still, after 25 years.

I'm sorry but the bolded is completely and utterly false. It's beyond opinion actually, since it's been debunked by RC himself, who had zero interactions with her (as she's falsely claimed). Nothing about her sighting is credible. There were 17 other sightings given at the time of the boys on the complete other end of the neighborhood and RC himself debunks any interactions with her in addition to being at school the next day (which some people knew all along); what else do you need? I suppose nothing will ever change your mind, even the word of RC himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back