Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is horrible to think that if only LE could have linked him to Samantha, we would not be here now, most likely, JMO.

I'm am praying :please: they find everything they need to before the 1st weekend of September. The Interlocken Music Festival begins September 5th - 8th here in Nelson County. Over 15,000 tickets have been sold. We only have a population of about 15,000 in Nelson County. So that means there will be TONS of people going every which way throughout the county!

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a video from Youtube showing the Crab Tree Falls area of Nelson County and the terrain up there. People go Mud Bogging and hiking there often.

Crab Tree Falls 2013 - YouTube

Well then, that pretty much makes my suggestion about going up there and looking for fresh and deep tire tracks pretty useless :(

I'm am praying :please: they find everything they need to before the 1st weekend of September. The Interlocken Music Festival begins September 5th - 8th here in Nelson County. Over 15,000 tickets have been sold. We only have a population of about 15,000 in Nelson County. So that means there will be TONS of people going every which way throughout the county!

Would it be possible to get the festival organizers to hand out missing flyers to everybody who comes in, so they know what to look for?

Would it be possible to get the festival organizers to hand out missing flyers to everybody who comes in, so they know what to look for?

Excellent idea!

Also, for any search groups, I tried to say it before but having to type everything 3 times means I probably did not.

Can't any willing search group contact LE and just tell them, "We are going to search these woods, what do we need to know?!"

LE may have good reasons for groups not to yet, but keep pestering until public is allowed. I know the lay of the land, no way LE can get through it all anytime in the next few years.

Excellent idea carbuff! I do not know if LE has thought of this, but I will stop by the Sheriff's office tomorrow to ask them. I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers to hand them out!

Guys please keep the talk about forum issues off this thread. We just don't want to lose focus. You can check our [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53"]Forum Finesse[/ame] area to talk about these things if you feel the need.

Thanks!

I wish we knew if the hair found was whole. Meaning with the bulb end attached.

Do we know if a hair was found -- other than RAT's attorney insinuating as such?

Did anyone see the Jane Velez Mitchell segment last night on Alexis Murphy? Or is she considered worse than NG?

Ya the mom or the sister/aunt i forget what relation she was said they found DNA the hair, on nancy grace last night ..And to that point has he said why her hair was in his camper or truck whichever it is ..

The search for missing teenager, Alexis Murphy, is now in its 13th day. There is still no sign of the 17-year-old who was last seen on August 3, but we are learning some new details about the investigation.

Thursday the FBI confirmed that several cellphones were recovered. Friday, Murphy's family says an FBI liaison told them the cellphones have been sent to the FBI base camp in Quantico for testing to determine if any belong to Alexis. An FBI spokesperson will not confirm that and also won't say how investigators acquired the cellphones.

Sad to see this case is still going on, and I'm quite sure that Taylor is playing a ruthless game. The source for the above is: http://www.nbc29.com/story/23159189/the-search-for-alexis-day-13

Ya Jane has gotten pretty bad herself . What i really hate is when she puts up the 5 people at once what does she call them the dog pen or something . That one guy though John i forget his last name he use to be on the AMW show with John walsh. That other John when he is in that group of lawyers on JVM he drives me insane when she is talking he is allways trying to use his facial expressions to get an awnser across or rolling his eyes at someone elses awnser he drives me nuts id like to pop him right in the beak to be tottaly honest..

Do we know if a hair was found -- other than RAT's attorney insinuating as such?

We do not know.

We can figure out that LE that interrogated him told him they found hair, or a hair. Otherwise he would not tell his attorney as much, or make up the story about why Alexis was in his camper.

We know LE could have just said it. We now have the methods and means of weaves, thanks to the posters that explained weaves. Clearly Alexis does not have long hair, as shown in the gas station footage. That is not within her normal photos of herself.

So, if LE told the truth about hair (which they may not have), there was struggle to get any of her hair with DNA as weaves or extension would only allow that if hair is pulled with some force. If LE lied, as they often do in interrogation, RAT gave himself up and just another bad criminal talking some b.s.

(BTW, hair is sort of based on race., but much more importantly, scientifically on the shape and size of the hair follicle, yep, long-short-straight-kinky-curly, based on follicle.)

It seems like one of the phones they found is an iPhone. Otherwise, they would be able to rule out one belonging to Alexis. By the way, if this guy is a common thief, he might have a stash of stolen phones.

Surely they know if they have her phone or not. They just aren't telling. JMO

It seems like one of the phones they found is an iPhone. Otherwise, they would be able to rule out one belonging to Alexis. By the way, if this guy is a common thief, he might have a stash of stolen phones.

Or they might be trophies.

Surely they know if they have her phone or not. They just aren't telling. JMO

They just found them so maybe not. We don't know how many, or the conditions they were found in.

If one was Alexis', they would test the ones family said were her brand, meaning Iphone, Samsung, Tmobile, what have you, first.

Testing may not be easy with rain, dirt, etc...

Hopefully there will be news by Monday. I don't know with these phone issues, it may take a week or two. I do think that the Feds know at this moment, I don't think we will know yet. While that is contradictory, I am thinking as I type. The Feds are on this and get things done in a certain order, more quickly than State cases, but Feds have many, many cases in line. Quantico.

iPhones are fairly common devices, and they may have found more than one.

My speculation.

True but I think you can plug a phone in and look up the number easily.
I can on my cheap little phone.

As far as getting caught up here...LE is saying very little since the arrest on Monday. They have been searching a lot on his property, confirmed finding "a number of phones" but not saying if they found hers. His public defender has reported the suspect's tale of meeting Alexis at gas station and somehow, ending up getting weed thru her via a third person, so-called "cornrow dude" based on description given by RT. Nothing from LE about any of this. All of this is supposed to explain away an alleged hair belonging to A, found in his home. Not confirmed by LE.

Some news tweets reported yesterday that searching was also happening where Morgan H. was found, but not sure if these were identified as LE searches or not.

And that is all I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member