Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her family, on nancy grace, stated there was no communication between the two on her computer. That doesn't mean he wasn't following her on any SM sites though.

He could have easily used any of his cellphones to follow her and to use a fake OL personality. I suspect he is on the askdotfm account both commenting and asking questions. Just because there is no record of his name associated with her followers, friends or an anonymous commenter does not mean he didn't have an elaborate OL Personality.

He could have easily used any of his cellphones to follow her and to use a fake OL personality. I suspect he is on the askdotfm account both commenting and asking questions. Just because there is no record of his name associated with her followers, friends or an anonymous commenter does not mean he didn't have an elaborate OL Personality.
Can LE ID him, or at least the location of a poster by backtracking through a suspected OL personality?

If you look at her askdotfm account a month back there's questions I feel strongly that it came from a older male. The terminology used wasn't that of a teen, just my opinion. I would like to know if any of the phones recovered were his and where were they pinging the first 36 hours of her disappearance?

Campgrounds in the national forest...maybe. This time of year they wouldn't be as crowded as normal, however, huge risk of someone else seeing something. JMO

It's just so many backroads, and country forested areas in the area! And we don't know what county or counties he was even in during the time frame. Figuring how quickly LE had RAT in their sights, doubting he could have went anywhere after that Monday without them knowing. I'm still trying to figure out how the car got to the cinema without LE seeing anything, unless he isn't the one who put it there!

:please: Let LE have MUCH more than they are telling, and have an idea of where to even look!
I am just jumping off your post...

IIRC... Regarding articles I have read about missing persons and National/State Parks....

Now that I think about it... Many of the persons go missing from WITHIN the parks...

In other words... The missing persons were already visiting/camping in the parks... And became mysteriously missing...

I do not recall reading about killers specifically doing the "deed" elsewhere... Then transferring to.... and hiding the bodies in..... The parks...

(But I may have limited memory/information/etc... Of course...)

I am off to research this a little more...

will keep me busy while WS goes down for 's "Magic Healing Process"! :D

All JMO....

Can LE ID him, or at least the location of a poster by backtracking through a suspected OL personality?

LE can trace the IPS of any posts to her accounts to see where they came from. I still have not heard anything about him using the Internet, or owning devices, at all though. I mean, if he rented videos, he may not be high tech, IMO.

Okay, I haven't been following this case much, but I was just wondering if RAT was following Alexis on Twitter, or if there was some social media connection between them?

Welcome to the thread, Eileenhawkeye! :welcome:

We still do not have verification one way or the other regarding RAT's possible following of AM on SM...

All speculation at this point...

JMO

This stood out to me when I read it:

“I was hoping it wouldn’t last this long. I’m still praying for her. Hoping she’s okay,” said Brandy Shiflett, an employee at the McDonalds next to the Liberty gas station where Alexis was last seen on video.
She said the missing Nelson county teen ordered food from the drive thru.
“One of the co-workers that waited on her said she was fine everything looked normal,” said Shiflett.

It sounds as if they are talking about her being at McD's the day she disappeared. If so, I wonder when and why it hasn't been mentioned? (This is the first comment I've seen like this...the only other mention was that she was a regular there, almost daily, so it would make sense that she stopped there Aug 3). Wonder if she was there before or after Liberty, or earlier in the day. If there was some sort of proof of her being there after it sure would throw a wrench into RAT's tale.

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/16/search-continues-for-alexis-murphy-fbi-wont-comment-on-other-suspects/

Okay so RAT had from Saturday night to sometime before he was spotted in the muddy truck Monday a.m. How far could he have gotten? He had to get her car to where it was too. How much radius should those of you googling try? Any word on anyone seeing him anywhere that Sunday?

to Pennsylvania - 6 to 7 hours
to North Carolina - less than 2 hours
to Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana - 3-5 hours

Need I go on. This man had a lot of time to move this young woman's body.

It sounds as if they are talking about her being at McD's the day she disappeared. If so, I wonder when and why it hasn't been mentioned? (This is the first comment I've seen like this...the only other mention was that she was a regular there, almost daily, so it would make sense that she stopped there Aug 3). Wonder if she was there before or after Liberty, or earlier in the day. If there was some sort of proof of her being there after it sure would throw a wrench into RAT's tale.

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/16/search-continues-for-alexis-murphy-fbi-wont-comment-on-other-suspects/

Mcdonalds is right beside Liberty gas station. It looks as though she could easily have picked up something to eat either before putting gas in the car or when she'd finished. Maybe LE found containers in the car that had a receipt for her purchase--hopefully time stamped when she paid for her order. I wonder if she used the drive through lane or if she walked into the restaurant.

Great find, Forestchilde! :thumb:

Yes... This could very well put a wrench in RAT's "story"...

I hope so... Anyway!

:please:

Mcdonalds is right beside Liberty gas station. It looks as though she could easily have picked up something to eat either before putting gas in the car or when she'd finished. Maybe LE found containers in the car that had a receipt for her purchase--hopefully time stamped when she paid for her order. I wonder if she used the drive through lane or if she walked into the restaurant.

The article Forestchilde linked above reported AM used the drive-thru at McD's...

JMO

If she stopped at McD before she pulled in for gas, that would account for the slight time gap that some people noticed between when she left the house and when she was at the gas station.

Yep. i know they are right there. Would make sense that she would swing through. The worker stated she used the drive through. And again, I am not sure it was that day, but the fact that the worker said "she seemed like everything was ok" makes me think it could have been. I just wonder how likely it would be for her to make a detour through McD's if she was allegedly taking RAT to meet the other guy. They very well could have items from McD's from her car. My though is if LE knows she went their after Liberty why wouldn't they say it was her last stop before she disappeared. She could have stopped prior and bought something to drink. I understand from any earlier article she went almost every say for a caramel frappe. The next question would be this - IF she stopped for a frappe just before or after why would she not have had it when she was with RAT and the other guy? Just my thoughts. Don't even know if she stopped that day.

FWIW, given how he was living I doubt he was renting a storage unit. However, it came up in discussion yesterday and I thought I would post this link to remains found in a storgae unit in W. VA yesterday

http://www.wsls.com/story/23155271/wva-ala-officials-investigating-human-remains
W.Va., Ala. officials investigating human remains

Regarding the above, sounds like they think it's two missing women from Alabama, a 105 yr old woman and her daughter who was 85. The video say the remains were badly decomposed.

http://bdtonline.com/wvstate/x250192720/W-Va-Ala-officials-investigate-bodies-found-in-storage

I am just jumping off your post...

IIRC... Regarding articles I have read about missing persons and National/State Parks....

Now that I think about it... Many of the persons go missing from WITHIN the parks...

In other words... The missing persons were already visiting/camping in the parks... And became mysteriously missing...

I do not recall reading about killers specifically doing the "deed" elsewhere... Then transferring to.... and hiding the bodies in..... The parks...

(But I may have limited memory/information/etc... Of course...)

I am off to research this a little more...

will keep me busy while WS goes down for 's "Magic Healing Process"! :D

All JMO....

It seems people get confused between national parks and national forests. National parks attract people and are used pretty much for that purpose. National forests are vast land preserves owned by the government, but not usually conducive to tourism.

Anyway, here is an article that might help to explain why national forests can be very crime-friendly.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ken...daniel-boone-national-forest/story?id=8935635

Yep. i know they are right there. Would make sense that she would swing through. The worker stated she used the drive through. And again, I am not sure it was that day, but the fact that the worker said "she seemed like everything was ok" makes me think it could have been. I just wonder how likely it would be for her to make a detour through McD's if she was allegedly taking RAT to meet the other guy. They very well could have items from McD's from her car. My though is if LE knows she went their after Liberty why wouldn't they say it was her last stop before she disappeared. She could have stopped prior and bought something to drink. I understand from any earlier article she went almost every say for a caramel frappe. The next question would be this - IF she stopped for a frappe just before or after why would she not have had it when she was with RAT and the other guy? Just my thoughts. Don't even know if she stopped that day.
Hopefully, it was that day and that most of the frappe was still in the cup or the paper was even still on the straw.

I wonder at what point LE will admit to the family that this is most likely a recovery effort. IMO, LE clearly believed he killed Samantha and hoped he would lead them to her body. Same with Alexis, during the week before they arrested him. I just feel so bad for the family, if they are being given false hope based on nothing more than the fact that she has not been found deceased, to say they are intent on rescuing her. JMO

McDonald's/Liberty are housed in the same building. You can go into the gas/convenience store to pay and walk through into McDonald's and order. McDonald's also has a drive-thru.

She could have gotten take out through the drive-thru or inside when she went to pay for gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina