Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't but he gave such detail that more than one person, including two posters here knew who it was, where they worked and that he has school age children and had seen him picking up/dropping off the kids

imo

Your comment makes 2 important points: 1- cornrows are so rare that, as I've said, ppl in the county gonna quickly know who that is, boom! they know who he is. Makes sense that's he's a grown man, could be stuck in a fashion time warp. I still dress like the 90s. 2- Since his ID is known, he's been contacted for sure already and his account of events, if he's involved or if he was just fingered because he's been seen around will be revealed in good time.

Btw, about 10 or so years ago, I was shopping in a department store Tyson's corner and when I walked out into the mall, I was accosted by security who told me to stop soliciting models and leave the mall. I was shocked and shaken because I had just been buried in racks trying on clothes. I had no idea what security was talking about and then they told me someone had fingered me as the solicitor. So, maybe it was the person who was soliciting who did that, but by my reaction, security knew pretty quick they had a case of false ID.

And when they were hanging out RAT didnt get the guys name once? Not one time AM said this dudes name? Come on, please.

And once again, did she call this guy or just show up at his house. If calls were made then we would have a record. If she just showed up then wasnt RAT following behind and kinda lead detectives to where cornrow lives? If you gonna make up a good story at least have it make some kinda sense.

And also....why would AM go "hang out" with these two when she wasn't partaking? Why would she just go sit there and watch them smoke and drink? Why did she even have to be there? Why not just direct RT to cornrow? I'm sure LE knows who cornrow is, considering someone local here has confirmed that there is someone that fits the description (sans cornrows?) I'm sure they have talked to him. I am doubting that they have any evidence to connect him otherwise I think they would have made an arrest or identified him as a POI. That's probably one the main reason why I am not buying RT's story, other than it just doesn't sit right with me.

I don't "believe" him in terms of saying he's innocent. I also 100% do not blame the victim even if the story was true. Knowing someone who sells pot doesn't mean you deserve to be disappeared. There are definitely cases where you can see that the victim put themselves in danger, but I don't feel that way here, because even if the story was 100% true, AM didn't go off by herself with someone she didn't know--she is supposed to have known Cornrow guy already.

I just think the story bears examination rather than outright rejection. I don't think feeling this way means any of the following:

1) That I'm subconsciously racist
2) That I'm victim blaming
3) That I think RT is innocent

And once again, on that note, I'm sure LE is either checking it all out or already knows which parts of it are plausible. If nothing else, RT's story is worth examining closely because then we should be able to watch LE prove/disprove it.

(Seriously though, I couldn't be any less preoccupied with race than I have been in this case. There's been basically NO racial overtones, including in article/SM commentary that I've read, OTHER than people reacting badly to the description of Cornrow guy. I haven't seen anyone refer to RT or the people in the area having a lot of racial tension issues. I could absolutely be wrong, but it's the kind of thing that usually comes up early in a given case.)

I thought LE DID find this guy? Did I imagine that?

Also, I see cornrows and I am in NM. And Caprice cars, or cars like that, quite often.

Personally, i don't see any racial profiling being done here. I think we all agree Alexis is 100% a victim. Unfortunately, RAT seems to be quite the storyteller, so he's going to have an explanation for everything. When detail surface, people talk.
As far a pot is concerned, young people, whether black, white, asian, hispanic ,etc, and regardless of socioeconomic background, smoke equally, IMO. If It was a white girl, who was previously vocal about smoking on SM, i'm sure it would be brought up as well.

Also, I see cornrows and I am in NM. And Caprice cars, or cars like that, quite often.

I don't recall that LE commented on this. His attorney said he had been located I think but I am not sure LE has made an official statement on the cornrow dude. I may be wrong.

Not sure. I'm not sure we've had any 'official' news in a day or two except maybe LE saying they had no comment on the story. Oh, and I think they confirmed finding some phones?

But I've seen so many mentions of Cornrow existing, both here and on SM commentary, that I honestly would not be surprised if LE had already cleared him before RT's story via his lawyer even came out. (Which probably means we're debating over nothing, but we don't have a lot else to talk about at this point.)

i dont doubt corn row guy may exist and since this is a small town I can only hope that law enforcement is seeking or has already talked to this guy. And when they were hanging out RAT didnt get the guys name once? Not one time AM said this dudes name? Come on, please.

And once again, did she call this guy or just show up at his house. If calls were made then we would have a record. If she just showed up then wasnt RAT following behind and kinda lead detectives to where cornrow lives? If you gonna make up a good story at least have it make some kinda sense.

Let me tell you, there is a case recently where some things have been a bit hinky with the victim. I wont say any names, but everyone is quick to point out and blast certain oddities surrounding the whole investigation as victim blaming. Despite evidence being revealed that raises questions. As I have said before, not here in particular but other sites. Yet with this case, people have been quick to believe RAT and I cant help but feel that if the races were reversed people would see the whole pot story in a different light.

And I honestly dont think people do it on purpose, its just engrained in people due to society. I know writer411 has made a bunch of interesting obervations that I love.
But, this is probably coming from people who don't know Nelson county. In many ways, this place is like an old world community. Everybody knows who everybody is, black, white, latino, chinese, Indian, whatever, everybody knows everybody whether it's first, second or third hand. Outsiders stick out like a sore thumb in this community. And, there are some huge families in this county, AM comes from one of them. There's no such thing as a clandestine life when it comes to someone like AM, who felt so comfortable sharing everything, she was on twitter sharing her life with the whole world. That level of comfort, which turned out to be her enemy, comes from growing up in an old world community where everybody knows everybody and sharing your life with relatives and friends. So, noone posting from Nelson county believes that this child, out of the blue, was a clandestine drug user/associate of known drug dealers.

OT- btw, if any of you remember the late Sheriff Ron Brown, you know, every single morning on my way to college, he drove past me, he would honk and wave. When I saw him at the IGA or the gas station, he'd always say hello to me. I didn't know him personally, but he knew who I was, I was a kid in the community. My point, the speculation about AM may resonate outside the community, but not in the community.

i dont doubt corn row guy may exist and since this is a small town I can only hope that law enforcement is seeking or has already talked to this guy. And when they were hanging out RAT didnt get the guys name once? Not one time AM said this dudes name? Come on, please.

Let me tell you, there is a case recently where some things have been a bit hinky with the victim. I wont say any names, but everyone is quick to point out and blast certain oddities surrounding the whole investigation as victim blaming. Despite evidence being revealed that raises questions. As I have said before, not here in particular but other sites. Yet with this case, people have been quick to believe RAT and I cant help but feel that if the races were reversed people would see the whole pot story in a different light.

And I honestly dont think people do it on purpose, its just engrained in people due to society. I know writer411 has made a bunch of interesting obervations that I love.

I'm pretty sure I know what case you are referring too and I would definitely be playing Devil's advocate on that one.

I don't recall that LE commented on this. His attorney said he had been located I think but I am not sure LE has made an official statement on the cornrow dude. I may be wrong.

This is what I recall as well, his attorney saying he's been located. But LE has bee mum on all details.

I tend to feel like I can leave hairstyles and the black men who love them discussion aside at this point, because the issue is that he presented an implausible story whereby he he fingered someone who may or may not have been involved in the victim's disappearance. And hairstyles and race aside, this man was the single suspect in the disappearance of Samantha Clark, a white girl on the other side of the state. He told similar stories, (the article in the Hook is shameful IMO) only the race of the people change. So, even though Alexis is black, the overwhelming issue is that when it comes to disappearing these girls, the person responsible doesn't seem to be picky one way or the other. He's preying on a type, young defenseless women, not a race.

This is what I recall as well, his attorney saying he's been located. But LE has bee mum on all details.

I tend to feel like I can leave hairstyles and the black men who love them discussion aside at this point, because the issue is that he presented an implausible story whereby he he fingered someone who may or may not have been involved in the victim's disappearance. And hairstyles and race aside, this man was the single suspect in the disappearance of Samantha Clark, a white girl on the other side of the state. He told similar stories, (the article in the Hook is shameful IMO) only the race of the people change. So, even though Alexis is black, the overwhelming issue is that when it comes to disappearing these girls, the person responsible doesn't seem to be picky one way or the other. He's preying on a type, young defenseless women, not a race. And, this is why the community needs to be concerned. People don't want to live in fear. Young women of any ethnic group should be able to have a social life, go to the store, be with their friends, get into goofy adventures, be on social media without fear of being abducted.

JMO but if this other guy does exist, even dumber to use him, if not true, as he may have a solid alibi. I am not convinced his story is not at least partly true.

The facts that RAT's story came out after he was linked to SC's case, and that his alibi for AM is so similar are more telling than its details.

JMO

Can't quote, taking too long to get in. But writer411 is right. I grew up in WV and was taught to be racist. I am RAT's age. I am not racist, I cried as a child about it, and I cry now. I live in a larger City now in another State, 30 years on, there are just as many older, younger, or same age, taught to be racist.

I think RAT was being that way. He fits the part, even though I don't know him, the articles tell me so. Blame it on the kids or the other dude.

Rows are rarely noticed here, a college town. If they are it is women getting ready for a weave before the weekend hits, but, as I said in the last thread. Being from a small town, everyone would notice rows. They are not popular in smaller towns. If you see them on t.v. or cds (or however younger ones get music these days) then you may see whatever that style is. In a smaller, less population area. Locals will know.

I don't think anyone gets old redneck like I do. I am not saying it is going on here, no, not at all. I think RAT chose Alexis and blamed it on the black man, as RAT's thought process may be old school.

If I didn't explain well, someone will help, I'm not good at 'splainin'. However, I think we need to drop it, WS has had enough problems with race discussions. The rest of us are just saying we see it in RAT's statement. That is all.

It just feels too quiet for me today. Like the calm before the storm. No new developments, nothing...and it feels too quiet in general...just a feeling. :sigh:

I'm sat over here in little ol northern england not having a clue about what is normal or not for style, race, buying pot in VA, in the big old USA so I don't comment cos I don't have the knowledge. I was just sat here thinking cornrow guy is like the new cat (from HA thread) those who were there will know what I mean. :floorlaugh:

It just feels too quiet for me today. Like the calm before the storm. No new developments, nothing...and it feels too quiet in general...just a feeling. :sigh:
It does, yes it does. And for whatever reason it makes me feel unsettled.

Whether people believe in CornRowDude or not, it is all everyone is discussing. Even people who say they don't believe in CRD are still somehow including him in the story now.

I guess because CRD would provide some hope that maybe he has Alexis.

It's like RAT threw out a story and people ran with it. It sounds semi plausible. I wonder if disregarded entirely if it'd be easier to figure out what RAT was really thinking and doing.

No CornRowDude would mean it's just RAT who knows where Alexis is. Thankfully, LE will determine what's true soon. The waiting seems long.

Prayers for Alexis's Family.

Quickly...what was RAT's date of birth again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61