Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: have we established "CRD" does, in fact, exist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

No. I'm taking CRD to be understood as a possibility since it was mentioned. It has not been proven no more than it has been disproven as far as I know.

LE did have a BOLO on the car, pulled it over and talked to the driver. That's all we know other than MSM comment section people claiming to work with him.

If I go by the story that his attorney told and follow the idea that it is easier to lie by omission:
He met AM at the gas station, struck up a conversation about pot, she said she knew someone and the two of them left to meet this guy for a buy (assume it's CRG). They meet CRG, Rat makes the buy, and they go back to his trailer. All this is per his attorney.
Why would AM go with RAT and CRG to his trailer? She knows and isn't afraid of CRG.
Why would CRG go back to RATs trailer? Here it gets into the gray area: my guess is to buy something RAT has to sell that CRG can peddle, and AM is interested in also.
So did RAT do harm to AM at his trailer, say after CRG left, and then he maybe called someone up to say he had a job to deliver a car, would they follow him?
Or did she and CRG leave (following the statement that CRG was the last to see her) and he followed her and ambushed her on her way up to where ever she was headed (I'm thinking she told RAT & CRG she was on her way to the cinema & that's why the car ended up there), so then he dropped the car at the cinema. Later RAT came back to his vehicle which he had hidden, (walked even) and disposed of her body. Or called someone to pick him up from the area around the Cinema, someone who won't talk, maybe even the next day. IDK, but I sure would like to.

Just had a thought. Maybe he also killed CRD. And LE pulled over a suspect but not the right one. It's like the riddle where you have a fox, a bag of corn and a duck and you have to get them all across the river, and in any way, but you can't let the duck eat the corn, or the fox eat the duck. It involves making double trips, let's see, you take the duck first, then go back and get the corn, but take the duck back, get the fox, bring him across, then go back and get the duck, but now I have to think of the order it would go in this case.

LE did have a BOLO on the car, pulled it over and talked to the driver. That's all we know other than MSM comment section people claiming to work with him.

If this is the case then it sounds like RATS story most likely didn't line up well. I'm sure in a small town they have tracked this guy down and investigated RATS tail and it didn't pan out. (IMO)

Which leads me back to the investigators having enough info on RAT to discount this story.

RAT most likely didn't anticipate that the FBI and all their resources would be employed this time.....

Ugh...where is Alexis, seriously...I could not imagine how her family is feeling right now.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 20 Aug
A lot of questions about the other car that Randy Taylor's Attorney says may be involved with the Alexis Murphy disappearance. Despite other media reports the Nelson County Sheriff's Office says they have not issued a BOLO (Be On The Lookout) for that car.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 20 Aug
A lot of questions about the other car that Randy Taylor's Attorney says may be involved with the Alexis Murphy disappearance. Despite other media reports the Nelson County Sheriff's Office says they have not issued a BOLO (Be On The Lookout) for that car.

Ok, I missed that. I don't remember what the original source was saying they'd pulled over the car, but given the shoddy reporting in this case it was probably also MSM. I'm sure someone else remembers the original report (which must have existed for the rebuttal above to exist).

The crappy coverage makes the case that much more frustrating.

I think there's many reasons they may not have put out a BOLO such as... believing it to be false, or locally they already know the information, or even the car/person live in another area or state. Either way, they haven't said whether Taylor's information is reliable or not.

Sometimes you want to help, but you don't know how when LE's so silent. You don't know what's worth following up on or what's not and it's frustrating. I know I've been there, but...

I think sometimes there's just way too much riding on a particular case to risk any info.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13
Just FYI while I am working on other stories now, I am always still checking with sources inside the FBI, State Police, and Nelson County Sheriff Department for updates to the Alexis Murphy case. When something new happens in the case you will learn about it first right here.

I asked if CRD factually existed, because RAT has a "history" of blaming others, or trying to sway LE to look somewhere else. Even if CRD does exist, I doubt he had anything to do with AM.

As the days go by this gets more and more frustrating. I'm sure a lot if you are parents, I am, I can't imagine what her family is going through and they deserve answers/SOMETHING.

Twitter @NBC29 51m
Dispatch center confirms Albemarle police are investigating an attempted abduction that took place on Browns Gap Turnpike around 6 pm Monday

I've been on vacation and have a lot to catch up on...anyone mind giving a brief summary of any new developments over the past week? Thanks in advance :)

Albemarle investigator Paul Quillon confirms that the Albemarle County Police Department is investigating an attempted abduction of a minor around 6 p.m. on the 2600 block of Browns Gap Turnpike.

Albemarle County police are looking for a man with long dreadlocks, driving a white, late model four-door sedan – possibly a Subaru.

A small number of Reverse 911 calls were sent out to those who live nearby.

Anyone with any information is being asked to call 911 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23261573/albemarle-police-investigate-attempted-abduction

I've been on vacation and have a lot to catch up on...anyone mind giving a brief summary of any new developments over the past week? Thanks in advance :)

There's not been any new developments since last weekend which was about RT's bond (denied). There's been nothing new released about AM I don't think. We're seemingly in a series of speculation at this point.

Albemarle investigator Paul Quillon confirms that the Albemarle County Police Department is investigating an attempted abduction of a minor around 6 p.m. on the 2600 block of Browns Gap Turnpike.

Albemarle County police are looking for a man with long dreadlocks, driving a white, late model four-door sedan – possibly a Subaru.

A small number of Reverse 911 calls were sent out to those who live nearby.

Anyone with any information is being asked to call 911 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23261573/albemarle-police-investigate-attempted-abduction

Isn't a man with long dreadlocks wanted for questioning in the disappearance of Dashad Smith? Erik somebody?? I don't want to say too much since this thread is on AM. Maybe instead this could be made into a separate thread.

Can't find your posts? You might want to check here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219217"]Victim: Morgan Harrington, murdered in Charlottesville VA, Oct 2009 -- Link?? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member