Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad and frustrated with this case! Being a local and hearing NOTHING (official or leaked), I am losing hope. Even if OFFICIAL news is not being shared, being a relatively small community, you usually hear something . . . . from a friend of a friend who knows the guy that works at Liberty Gas . . . or the relative of someone who works at ACAC and has seen the parking lot video, etc. I guess all we can do is pray. But, I wonder why independent search parties are not being encouraged. I remember when Morgan Harrington was missing, there were numerous, organized search parties for weeks. Why not in this case? God, I pray that it is not because evidence exists to indicate it is worthless to search. Sorry . . . . just thinking out loud and frustrated!

Only three weeks since Alexis disappeared and we are already at a standstill :(

From some of these most recent cases, I am getting the impression that the FBI CARD team is more on top of things now, than they previously have been in the past. This may be due to local LE agencies becoming more educated. The CARD team is getting notified quickly when evidence leads to a abduction.

IMO, the immediate response of the CARD team has resulted in or will eventually result in (once all the evidence in obtained and analyzed) the arrest and conviction of these perps, which is crucial in order to protect our society from these killers.

Once the FBI is involved things become very quiet to protect the investigation, unless they have need to ask the public through the media, for information that they themselves cannot obtain.

I think they have finally realized that the quicker they respond the better the outcome of the investigation is and I think it's crucial that it is stressed to all local LE agencies the importance of notifying the FBI IMMEDIATELY when the crime warrants their involvement.

Does anyone else besides myself, see a difference in the outcome of investigations over the last year or two when the CARD team was immediately deployed?

Wish I could say I feel confident that an arrest and conviction will be obtained. But as we saw in Morgan Harrington's case, not a lot of information leaked, and yet, still no arrest or conviction there! Reward at the last time I checked was $150,000 in the Harrington case....yet still not solved. That's a lot of money for someone to sit on information they have, and not come forward. Makes me believe that whoever the murderer(s) are, they aren't talking!

I realize 3 weeks might not seem long to solve a case, but damnit, it's an awful long time for the family and loved ones! It's an awful long time to wonder where your child is!

I wish they could use a truth serum to at least get these perps to give up the location of a missing person.

Wish I could say I feel confident that an arrest and conviction will be obtained. But as we saw in Morgan Harrington's case, not a lot of information leaked, and yet, still no arrest or conviction there! Reward at the last time I checked was $150,000 in the Harrington case....yet still not solved. That's a lot of money for someone to sit on information they have, and not come forward. Makes me believe that whoever the murderer(s) are, they aren't talking!

I realize 3 weeks might not seem long to solve a case, but damnit, it's an awful long time for the family and loved ones! It's an awful long time to wonder where your child is!

I guess I am thankful there is at least an arrest. An arrest of someone that IMO, is most likely responsible for other crimes of this nature. They are keeping him behind bars, while they continue to put the many pieces together.

From some of these most recent cases, I am getting the impression that the FBI CARD team is more on top of things now, than they previously have been in the past. This may be due to local LE agencies becoming more educated. The CARD team is getting notified quickly when evidence leads to a abduction.

IMO, the immediate response of the CARD team has resulted in or will eventually result in (once all the evidence in obtained and analyzed) the arrest and conviction of these perps, which is crucial in order to protect our society from these killers.

Once the FBI is involved things become very quiet to protect the investigation, unless they have need to ask the public through the media, for information that they themselves cannot obtain.

I think they have finally realized that the quicker they respond the better the outcome of the investigation is and I think it's crucial that it is stressed to all local LE agencies the importance of notifying the FBI IMMEDIATELY when the crime warrants their involvement.

Does anyone else besides myself, see a difference in the outcome of investigations over the last year or two when the CARD team was immediately deployed?

Absolutely, BeginnersLuck..
There has been a vast improvement in LEAs taking advantage of the many State and Federal resources available upon request, imo. In the past, imo, egos got in the way in many of the missing person's cases. Investigations such as the Mickey Shunick(LA-2012), and the recent rescue of Hannah Anderson(CA/Idaho) are two excellent examples of investigations where all available resources were utilized by investigators..

One Example of the efforts by the FBI to inform and encourage State & Local LEAs to utilize all available resources: 2005 symposium-
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

The FBI is committed to contributing to the understanding of these horrific acts. The FBI’s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime stands ready to assist our state, local, and international partners. We believe the best way to combat any threat — be it terrorism, gang violence, or serial murder — is to combine our knowledge and resources with those of our partners, and to work as a team. I am grateful for the partnerships that helped spur this symposium, and for the partnerships that were formed as a result.

Additionally, the lack of communication between law enforcement agencies and differing records management systems impede the linkage of cases to a common offender.

Attendees stressed the importance of law enforcement networking with other investigative agencies and cited the National Law Enforcement Teletype System (NLETS) messages, ViCAP Alerts, and the Law Enforcement Online (LEO) website as alternative mechanisms for sharing information to help determine other linked cases. The use of the FBI’s NCAVC, both the Behavioral Analysis Units and the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program, in linking potential cases was also encouraged.

Leadership

High profile investigations present a multitude of leadership challenges for law enforcement, from investigators to police executives. Law enforcement personnel may face external pressures from political entities, victims’ families, and the media.

• Systems similar to the FBI’s Rapid Start computerized case management system should be utilized, to effectively organize and collate lead information.

Absolutely, BeginnersLuck..
There has been a vast improvement in LEAs taking advantage of the many State and Federal resources available upon request, imo. In the past, imo, egos got in the way in many of the missing person's cases. Investigations such as the Mickey Shunick(LA-2012), and the recent rescue of Hannah Anderson(CA/Idaho) are two excellent examples of investigations where all available resources were utilized by investigators..

One Example of the efforts by the FBI to inform and encourage State & Local LEAs to utilize all available resources: 2005 symposium-
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

The FBI is committed to contributing to the understanding of these horrific acts. The FBI’s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime stands ready to assist our state, local, and international partners. We believe the best way to combat any threat — be it terrorism, gang violence, or serial murder — is to combine our knowledge and resources with those of our partners, and to work as a team. I am grateful for the partnerships that helped spur this symposium, and for the partnerships that were formed as a result.

Additionally, the lack of communication between law enforcement agencies and differing records management systems impede the linkage of cases to a common offender.

Attendees stressed the importance of law enforcement networking with other investigative agencies and cited the National Law Enforcement Teletype System (NLETS) messages, ViCAP Alerts, and the Law Enforcement Online (LEO) website as alternative mechanisms for sharing information to help determine other linked cases. The use of the FBI’s NCAVC, both the Behavioral Analysis Units and the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program, in linking potential cases was also encouraged.

Leadership

High profile investigations present a multitude of leadership challenges for law enforcement, from investigators to police executives. Law enforcement personnel may face external pressures from political entities, victims’ families, and the media.

• Systems similar to the FBI’s Rapid Start computerized case management system should be utilized, to effectively organize and collate lead information.

A National Crime database, listing all convictions per criminal and in every locality, is necessary. Even within the different states the search mechanisms can vary from one locality to the next. At the very lest, all 50 states should have a consistent database that allows the user to find all charges against any one person listed on one place.

In addition, if all states used the same system it would make tracking these criminals so much easier. Ho hard can this be? All arrested people are fingerprinted and there is a national database for fingerprints, right?

MO.

A National Crime database, listing all convictions per criminal and in every locality, is necessary. Even within the different states the search mechanisms can vary from one locality to the next. At the very lest, all 50 states should have a consistent database that allows the user to find all charges against any one person listed on one place.

In addition, if all states used the same system it would make tracking these criminals so much easier. Ho hard can this be? All arrested people are fingerprinted and there is a national database for fingerprints, right?

MO.
Absolutely, I just don't get this at all. In VA a lay person must look up each individual county, and each separate court under a name, and sometimes under alias' before you can get this info. I don't get this either. Why is it like this? I have been told LE can access it all at once but I can't. This benefits criminals.

Good morning everyone! Here's to hoping we get some good news today.

I haven't seen a lot of theories as to how RAT may have lured Alexis, how her car got to the cinemax, an accomplice, etc. Whether she was ever at his house with or without CRD. Does CRD even exist? I'd like to see some theories on how this whole thing may have gone down. Getting her car to the cinemax really has me puzzled. Even if they do have cctv the person may not be clear enough to make out. But was there another vehicle that picked that person up?
If I go by the story that his attorney told and follow the idea that it is easier to lie by omission:
He met AM at the gas station, struck up a conversation about pot, she said she knew someone and the two of them left to meet this guy for a buy (assume it's CRG). They meet CRG, Rat makes the buy, and they go back to his trailer. All this is per his attorney.
Why would AM go with RAT and CRG to his trailer? She knows and isn't afraid of CRG.
Why would CRG go back to RATs trailer? Here it gets into the gray area: my guess is to buy something RAT has to sell that CRG can peddle, and AM is interested in also.
So did RAT do harm to AM at his trailer, say after CRG left, and then he maybe called someone up to say he had a job to deliver a car, would they follow him?
Or did she and CRG leave (following the statement that CRG was the last to see her) and he followed her and ambushed her on her way up to where ever she was headed (I'm thinking she told RAT & CRG she was on her way to the cinema & that's why the car ended up there), so then he dropped the car at the cinema. Later RAT came back to his vehicle which he had hidden, (walked even) and disposed of her body. Or called someone to pick him up from the area around the Cinema, someone who won't talk, maybe even the next day. IDK, but I sure would like to.

Adding to my last post:
Then, according to Hallahan, the three of them - Taylor, Alexis and the unidentified man - drove three separate vehicles back to Taylor's camper in Lovingston.

"Where the drug deal went down, where my client purchased $60 worth of marijuana from this man, he said they drank a beer together and they smoked. The girl did not smoke or drink anything," Hallahan said.

So again wondering why did they all go back to the trailer? If RAT just bought some *advertiser censored* with a $100 bill, did he not have the 60bucks for the deal and they went back for money? But then why would AM go with them????? Would she expect some of the money?

And if AM knew to get weed from CRG, so did others. IMO LE must have some info on him, and he is not looking like part of this abduction. Especially with RAT pointing LE at DNA left at his place ( RAT could have easily planted that after they had one in the vehicle.)

It seems it is a question of: did she leave the trailer & was harmed or was she harmed at the trailer. It would help to know as to where to spend time looking for her. The location of the DNA would tell some too. I would lean towards she never left the trailer as this would be in his comfort zone. Or she left and he called her back with some flimsy excuse and she came back for something he stole for example.

or Did he ask her for a ride to C'ville as long as she was headed that way, jeez would she have let him ride with her that night????
IDK, But I sure would like to!

Quoting myself for reference

BTW, I think all you locals are doing a great job of thinking about areas where Alexis might be. Perhaps it would be a good idea to consolidate all these possible ideas/ locations into one area on this board. I'm going to start a thread specifically dealing with the search and possible areas to be searched, and try to bring over all the posts in order starting from thread one dealing with locations. Stay tuned for the link. :)

Here is the link for the new thread re: all things related to search and mapping:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9785523#post9785523"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9785523#post9785523[/ame]

Good morning everyone! Here's to hoping we get some good news today.

I haven't seen a lot of theories as to how RAT may have lured Alexis, how her car got to the cinemax, an accomplice, etc. Whether she was ever at his house with or without CRD. Does CRD even exist? I'd like to see some theories on how this whole thing may have gone down. Getting her car to the cinemax really has me puzzled. Even if they do have cctv the person may not be clear enough to make out. But was there another vehicle that picked that person up?

I've got a theory that involves a modification to the story he told. My idea was that he talked to her at the gas station, and offered to either sell her pot or take her to the house of CRG (lied and took her to his camper). I think CRG is real, just a local he's seen around and not involved at all. No idea on how her car got to CVille. I suspect that there are accomplices, but I'm not very confident in that guess. It seems crazy to me that one man could abduct this girl, transport her to somewhere where she seemingly can't be found, then drive her car all the way to CVille and find another way home. Whoever gave him a ride would definitely have come forward by now if he wasn't involved.

o/t but wanted to pass this along since she is also in VA.. NBC29 ‏@NBC29 25m
Sabrina Terry, the 13-year-old Staunton juvenile reported missing on August 17 has been located in Prince William County.

Didn't RT says that Cornrow Man had a beer at his trailer and that the bottle was still there? That is a pretty specific thing to say, if he did, as far as at least leading to proof of there being such a man, if not pinning down when he was there.

I've got a theory that involves a modification to the story he told. My idea was that he talked to her at the gas station, and offered to either sell her pot or take her to the house of CRG (lied and took her to his camper). I think CRG is real, just a local he's seen around and not involved at all. No idea on how her car got to CVille. I suspect that there are accomplices, but I'm not very confident in that guess. It seems crazy to me that one man could abduct this girl, transport her to somewhere where she seemingly can't be found, then drive her car all the way to CVille and find another way home. Whoever gave him a ride would definitely have come forward by now if he wasn't involved.
I like your theory, but I don't think someone would definitely come forward, too many don't want anything to do with the law especially in this case. I think RAT probably associates with some pretty nasty ones.

RAT, has been reported to spend a lot of time at or near the vacuums and car washes. He may very well have known that CRD was selling drugs. All he had to do was wait for an opportunity to retrieve trash from a garbage can near one of those vacuums. He may know CRD and even bought pot from him before. Mybe he even offered to toss the beer bottles for CRD...knowing full well that those items might come in real handy one day.

Or CRD looks like his partner in crime and would make a good patsy, in RAT's opinion.

RAT, has been reported to spend a lot of time at or near the vacuums and car washes. He may very well have known that CRD was selling drugs. All he had to do was wait for an opportunity to retrieve trash from a garbage can near one of those vacuums. He may know CRD and even bought pot from him before. Mybe he even offered to toss the beer bottles for CRD...knowing full well that those items might come in real handy one day.

Or CRD looks like his partner in crime and would make a good patsy, in RAT's opinion.
TA, or RAT offered or traded detailing of CRG's car and helped himself to the bottle(s).

This sounds very plausible to me. RAT has spent some time incarcerated and IMO he most likely thought he got away with murder before. He was able to get media attention and play the victim for past accusations. He is a master manipulator and I do believe that he thought out his crime before he committed it. He placed blame on others before to draw attention away from himself and I believe this is exactly what he is "trying" to pull now.

I don't believe that this cover up or alibi he is trying to create has any truth what so ever to it. He is simply once again, trying to point the finger away from him. I wouldn't put it past him to try and frame someone else, or think up a plan ahead of time before he committed this crime. IMO, he thinks he is slick enough to do this and get away with it once again.

But if CRD had a tight alibi for the time frame in which he was supposedly drinking at RAT's then it wouldn't work so well for RAT there...I would think RAT would know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catluva247