Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Parker's FB... "I am told there are more than 50 people on the ground here searching for Alexis Murphy"... Has a picture of SARTI vehicle... (Search and Rescue Tracking Institute)

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 19m
Working to get you answers as to what spawned this search. http://fb.me/3eWK9oRlc

1175661_313275712150791_1951932745_n.jpg

1237125_313228438822185_674254108_n.jpg

995968_313251858819843_59998917_n.jpg

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 1m
Investigators say they are searching in places where Randy Taylor may have been in the days after Alexis went... http://fb.me/2lZZwpBEz

1233968_313288655482830_1208840958_n.jpg

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6m
. @AmyVuNBC29 reports SARTI crews say search authorized by Nelson County Sheriff's Office. pic.twitter.com/pbXoy7SkFF

BTAVzVTIAAAw77a.jpg

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 9m
. @AmyVuNBC29 reports crews from Search & Rescue Tracking Institute scanning wooded area along Rt. 29 in Nelson Co. pic.twitter.com/AUYKhnvkdu

BTAVzVTIAAAw77a.jpg

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 3m
Search & Rescue Tracking Institute team in Nelson Co right now in search for #AlexisMurphy. @AmyVuNBC29 is there.
BTAXQi1IQAA_W-G.jpg

Matt Talhelm (@MattTalhelm) tweeted at 11:07 AM on Sat, Aug 31, 2013:
Search & Rescue Tracking Institute team in Nelson Co right now in search for #AlexisMurphy. @AmyVuNBC29 is there. http://t.co/gpsExxwDQY

Did the CUE group show up in Nelson yet?

From WSET:

Dozens of Personnel, Search Dog Teams, Dive Team, Search for Alexis Murphy

Nelson Co., VA – Multiple search and rescue teams, more than 50 personnel in all, are currently searching for Alexis Murphy in Nelson County Saturday.

The search crews gathered Saturday morning around 7 a.m.

A dive team is searching Rockfish River, and 12 search dog teams are also searching multiple locations.

ABC 13 is working to find out what spawned the search Saturday morning.

Parker Slaybaugh is in Nelson County and will have more updates as they become available on the search for Alexis.

http://www.wset.com/story/23307585/...-dog-teams-dive-team-search-for-alexis-murphy

just interesting to note... I was looking on the court records for nelson county... unless I am reading this wrong (please look and correct me if needed) it appears that on 8/28/13 Nelson filed a felony charge against RAT for Intent to Sell/Distribute Stolen Property, but with the offense date occurring 7/30/13... So........... would this then be something he would have told them, or that they found out, in interrogation, that he did before Alexis went missing? The court date is at the same day and time as the prelim hearing for the abduction charge. Thoughts?

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 13m
UPDATE: Nelson Sheriff's Office confirms 12 crews searching 8 locations on foot, with dogs, & out on water in effort to find

just interesting to note... I was looking on the court records for nelson county... unless I am reading this wrong (please look and correct me if needed) it appears that on 8/28/13 Nelson filed a felony charge against RAT for Intent to Sell/Distribute Stolen Property, but with the offense date occurring 7/30/13... So........... would this then be something he would have told them, or that they found out, in interrogation, that he did before Alexis went missing? The court date is at the same day and time as the prelim hearing for the abduction charge. Thoughts?

I would say yes, either something he told LE during interrogation or something LE found out during the investigation. Both charges are being brought before the grand jury on September 24.

Thanks. Interesting.

Here is the relevant code for the new charge: 18.2-108.01(B)

B. Any person who sells, attempts to sell or possesses with intent to sell or distribute any stolen property with an aggregate value of $200 or more where he knew or should have known that the property was stolen is guilty of a Class 5 felony.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 1m
Investigators say they are searching in places where Randy Taylor may have been in the days after Alexis went... http://fb.me/2lZZwpBEz

1233968_313288655482830_1208840958_n.jpg

I think... but could be wrong... but I believe this is the median crossing at the intersections of 29 and Rockfish River Road (on North side) and Buck Creek (on the South side)....

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 51s
UPDATE: Nelson Sheriff's Office tells @AmyVuNBC29 today's activity continues to be a search & rescue to find #AlexisMurphy alive.

Most likely they found a stolen item/items, that were reported stolen on that date, in the search of his property.

I would say yes, either something he told LE during interrogation or something LE found out during the investigation. Both charges are being brought before the grand jury on September 24.

Thanks. Interesting.

Could have been those other cell phones that were recovered. If he's been stealing and reselling phones, or fencing phones that others stole maybe that was his lure rather than pot? AM had posted on one of her social media sites about a fancy leading edge phone that she wanted; maybe he told her he could sell her one cheap.

We tend to see him as an obvious creepy guy partly because we're looking back knowing what he's done. But at the hearing, he was calm and well-spoken, and since he's somebody she kind of knew, I doubt if she'd have had any reservations about buying something from him.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 3m
Search crews are searching heavily wooded areas along Rt. 29 for any evidence that could help in the case. http://fb.me/21MoeZx2y

1280827_313341218810907_949308788_n.jpg

Happy they are searching and hoping for the best. Water searches bother me. :(

I feel so sorry for her family. It is good they have such much support close to them. Haven't cooked in a month, lol, that's a lot of company. That is probably good.

Brilliant theory on a cell phone purchase carbuff! That sounds more feasible than anything I could think of.

Could have been those other cell phones that were recovered. If he's been stealing and reselling phones, or fencing phones that others stole maybe that was his lure rather than pot? AM had posted on one of her social media sites about a fancy leading edge phone that she wanted; maybe he told her he could sell her one cheap.

We tend to see him as an obvious creepy guy partly because we're looking back knowing what he's done. But at the hearing, he was calm and well-spoken, and since he's somebody she kind of knew, I doubt if she'd have had any reservations about buying something from him.

That is probable. Whatever it is I think they are tying the two charges together by presenting both to the grand jury on 9/24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina