Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why RAT went so far from his home to steal an ATV?
I think the charge wasn't the actual STEALING of the ATV, but Felony intent to sell/distribute stolen property. That doesn't mean he stole it, but he intended to sell/distribute the stolen item. Someone else could have stolen it and passed it along to him.

I guess I'm confused about how they can "officially" say that the two charges, abduction and stolen ATV, are absolutely unrelated...
Wouldn't they have to have some substantial evidence of the contrary to make that claim??
I know we don't get to know the details but that just struck me as odd.
When they say "unrelated charge", it usually just means they aren't tying the two cases together. It doesn't mean they might not be tied together, but that they are treating them as separate cases. It is helpful if one of the charges gets dismissed for some reason, then they can still pursue the other charge. At least that is what I have seen in some cases.

I suspect they have a few other charges up their sleeves, too. There was likely other stolen property found at the Lovingston residence. (Maybe those phones.)

When they say "unrelated charge", it usually just means they aren't tying the two cases together. It doesn't mean they might not be tied together, but that they are treating them as separate cases. It is helpful if one of the charges gets dismissed for some reason, then they can still pursue the other charge. At least that is what I have seen in some cases.

Yep. Right now they cannot link them yet as they are not "known" to be linked. And correct, that keeping them separate may mean jail time on at least one strong case, which means more to find out what happened to Alexis.

Just to clarify what I was thinking with the ATV. Situation goes like this: Someone else steals the ATV. Leaves it somewhere. (maybe the person who originally stole it took it for a joyride and left it)
RAT drops Alexis' car where it was found.
He either walks for some distance, or quickly finds the ATV unlocked in some location
Finds some way to use it to get home.

It was one scenario that fit the timeline and the circumstances. I am unfamiliar with that area and if ATVs are allowed to run by the freeway, but I do see a railway (norfolk southern) that runs from Charlottesville to Shipman (with plenty of room on either side for an ATV to run), and plenty of back roads that anyone familiar with the area could use.

It was just a thought based on my own ATV experience in different states.

Just to clarify what I was thinking with the ATV. Situation goes like this: Someone else steals the ATV. Leaves it somewhere. (maybe the person who originally stole it took it for a joyride and left it)
RAT drops Alexis' car where it was found.
He either walks for some distance, or quickly finds the ATV unlocked in some location
Finds some way to use it to get home.

It was one scenario that fit the timeline and the circumstances. I am unfamiliar with that area and if ATVs are allowed to run by the freeway, but I do see a railway (norfolk southern) that runs from Charlottesville to Shipman (with plenty of room on either side for an ATV to run), and plenty of back roads that anyone familiar with the area could use.

It was just a thought based on my own ATV experience in different states.

It would be extremely unusual to see someone riding an ATV down the road in the area. Not ruling out the possibility but he would stick out like a sore thumb doing that.

Wasn't the car place he also worked at also in Greene County? Ok Nvrm I found the answer in a previous post.

Was the the latest poi interviewed, asked to take a lie dect test?
Has his car been forensically examined?

Well, Samantha has never been found. So "IF" he killed her, Alexis's body might be near the same place. Problem is... we have no idea where that place is!!!

yep, finding one body would be very helpful in possibly other cases. I wonder if they used cadaver dogs to search the remainder of that large farm at the time that Morgan Harrington was found at.

I agree it would be way too out in the open to ride the ATV from Cville to his house.

I cant imagine the pain Alexis' family feels, with each passing day this becomes more of a reality of their future. :(

I think LE should search the most likely wooded areas near where the ATV was stolen and or recovered.

quoting myself....

anyone know the answers to my above questions.tia

I can't find any new news.

:( :(

I do hope her family is being kept up to date on anything that is happening.

Haven't seen anything about any searches either, since the sweater in the river search. I realize it costs money to employ people to search, but I think it is volunteer time. JMO

I can't find any new news.

:( :(

I do hope her family is being kept up to date on anything that is happening.

Haven't seen anything about any searches either, since the sweater in the river search. I realize it costs money to employ people to search, but I think it is volunteer time. JMO

Thanks 21merc! I am truly scared when a missing person case goes this long. I know this isn't a long time to some.
I agree with you, maybe the county could call for volunteer searches.

Thanks 21merc! I am truly scared when a missing person case goes this long. I know this isn't a long time to some.
I agree with you, maybe the county could call for volunteer searches.

i agree completely...it's very unsettling. iirc, i believe it was almost 4 months until morgan was found on anchorage farm. there is definitely still hope she will be found. i'm heartbroken for her family :(

i agree completely...it's very unsettling. iirc, i believe it was almost 4 months until morgan was found on anchorage farm. there is definitely still hope she will be found. i'm heartbroken for her family :(

:seeya:Molly we have to keep this case in the forefront if only here at WS.
I wonder if Alexis's family have requested a volunteer search.

:bump: Bumping with prayers for Alexis and her Family.

Hoping and praying that Alexis will come home soon. My prayers are with her and also with her family.

There have had multiple searches in Nelson County since the red sweater was found... in fact there are searches going on today, north of Lovingston... Additionally, CUE Center for Missing Persons is doing a road tour and will be making a stop in Lovingston on Oct 4th... with the Murphy family and the Harrington family, both in attendance... There is another benefit dinner being held in Lynchburg for the Murphy family as well... New pink ribbons and new flyers go up all the time... Alexis is not being forgotten here... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member