Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
:please: I pray they find something in the search that brings justice for Alexis. She is in my thoughts often.

Thanks for the welcome. It is very encouraging seeing them searching again.

How Randy Taylor Was Charged With 1st Degree Murder, Without Alexis Murphy's Body

Lovingston, VA - Randy Taylor has been charged with killing Alexis Murphy. His trial is set to begin May first. But one major question remains; how was a first degree murder charge reached, when a body hasn't been found?

"Without the victim's body, it's a huge advantage to the defense" said Andrew Childress.

http://www.wset.com/story/25279399/...1st-degree-murder-without-alexis-murphys-body

Taylor's trial is set to begin in ten days. Does anyone know if it's going to be streamed for viewing?

ETA: I'm very curious to see what the prosecution has against Taylor. It must be pretty big, if he was arrested 8 days after Murphy disappeared and he was charged with first-degree murder shortly after. I hope that they're not just bluffing and that their case really is as strong as they're making it sound.

I'm surprised that they waited this long to search the mountainous area behind his residence. There have been private search groups on that land, around the house, since RAT was arrested. It could be any evidence found now could be argued as tainted and then thrown out. I hope whatever precipitated these searches came from some solid source.

Was he ever on any meds for mental illness? I'm curious due to his tan. jmo

It's getting closer to trial time. Just want to say that I am thinking of Alexis and her loved ones and as always, they are in my prayers. I hope they find her soon.

Haven't heard that it will be streamed, but did read that the gag order doesn't apply to the trial, or what's said at the trial. Parker Slaybaugh is suppose to the cover the two week trial.

"We're just reigning in the circle, pulling the family circle tighter and supporting each other, when one of us is strong the other one is weak and vice versa so we're just trying to maintain."

Trina Murphy says several other family members, including Alexis' mother have been subpoenaed as witnesses.

But she says even is Taylor is found guilty, that will never bring closure to her family.

"It's bittersweet because we still don't have her, so, yes, we want justice to be served but it's not going to bring any closure to our family."

http://www.wric.com/story/25382534/alexis-murphy-murder-trial-to-begin-this-week

I really wanna go for some of the days, but it will depend on my fibro, and how the lady that lives with me is doing.

I plan on being at the courthouse early in the morning, that's why I am up so late tonight, can't sleep, hope we start to get some closure. I will be there solely to support Alexis's family, but will check in each evening as to what I learned.

I plan on being at the courthouse early in the morning, that's why I am up so late tonight, can't sleep, hope we start to get some closure. I will be there solely to support Alexis's family, but will check in each evening as to what I learned.

Awesome, Hillbilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members