Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doctor questioned about serial killings, house searched
By LYDA LONGA
Staff Writer
May 03, 2008

Since the arrest of an Ormond Beach doctor who had a prostitute, handcuffs and weapons in his car, Daytona Beach police are looking for fresh leads in the unsolved murders of four women.

The physician, Jerrold Ecklind, has voluntarily given police a DNA sample and his home has been searched for a handgun of the same type used in three of the four killings, the doctor's attorney said. No gun of that type was found, attorney Mike Lambert said, and DNA results are not complete.

Investigators also have questioned Ecklind about the murders, asking whether he knew any of the four women who were shot to death, Lambert said.
Full article: click here

Also see: Doctor charged with impersonating officer

OK, the working with "adults with disabilities" and "end-of-life care" is freaky now that he's possibly involved in serial killings.

I wonder if there's a way to find out if there are mysterious unsolved murders in WV from 1992-1996. I'm not sure if all the other medical positions are FL or not....

I wonder if there's a way to find out if there are mysterious unsolved murders in WV from 1992-1996. I'm not sure if all the other medical positions are FL or not....

Let's try. He lived six different cities in Florida and four in West Virginia. Looks like he has family there in Florida.

OK, the working with "adults with disabilities" and "end-of-life care" is freaky now that he's possibly involved in serial killings.

If, he is fact involved, he picks vulnerable people to associate with and this is very scary. It is also repugnant.

Oh boy, I think we have a winner. That sketch is AMAZING. I wonder if anyone called in his name as a tip back then?

THIS is one of those times when having a forum for each State here would be very helpful. We could zoom through WV and even FL unsolved murders.

This link might be helpful. Flyers are on so I'll be back to check this for sure.http://www.wvstatepolice.com/

Not that I'm a pro at this or anything, but I looked at the unsolved cases there and none seemed to match up. The school he went to is in Lewisburg, WV and there were 2-3 that looked interesting...but they were rather far away from Lewisburg. Of course that doesn't rule it out...

Great link, Filly! Thanks. I wonder if there aren't more unsolved than just those? Seems odd to have so few!

I would love to know what kind of cars he's driven all this time.

We should get this info here now before it's taken from that site:
http://jerroldecklinddo.com/ecklind-meet-doctor.html
Meet The Doctor

doctor.jpg
cta.gif
Jerrold Ecklind, D.O., F.A.B.O.F.P., is a 37 year old Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. He is a Primary Care Physician Board Member, certified in Family Medicine. Currently, his practice is limited to adult medicine, geriatrics, adults with disabilities and most importantly, end-of-life care. While acting as the medical director of a local hospice, and a home health company, he is also on staff at Halifax and in good standings with the FHO Hospitals. In addition to these responsibilities, he also trains medical students, interns and residents. Dr. Ecklind also has extensive experience in the position of medical director at multiple local skilled nursing facilities also known as SNFs.

Qualifications
2007-Present – President of the Florida Osteopathic Association
2005-Present – Medical Director of Hospice of the Palm Coast (Odyssey)
2005-Present – Chairperson of the Hospice Board of Directors
2005-Present – Chairperson of the Board of Directors Omni Home Health Agency
1999-Present – Medical Staff Florida Hospital Ormond
1999-Present – Medical Staff Halifax Medical Center

Education
1997-1999 – Residency in Family Practice – Atlantic Medical Center
1996-1997 – Traditional rotating Internship – Logan General Hospital
1992-1996 – Doctorate – West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
1990-1992 – Biology/Chemistry – Davis and Elkins College

Appointments
2004 Member of the Florida Medical Directors Association
2001 Board Certified in Family Practice
1999 Member of AMA – American Medical Association
1999 Member of FOMA – Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
1999 Member of AOA – American Osteopathic Association
1999 Completed Residency in Family Practice
1998 Licensed by the State of Florida to practice medicine
1998 Licensed by DEA
1997 Completed Internship
1996 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

Employment
2007-Present Medical Director at the Terrace of Daytona SNF
2006-Present Associate Medical Director Indigo Manor SNF
2005-Present Medical Director of Hospice of Palm Coast (Odyssey)
2005-Present Medical Director Bishop Glen SNF
2004-Present Medical Director Omni Home Health
2002-2004 Medical Director Staff Builders Home Health Agency
2001-Present Medical Director Avante SNF
1999-Present Physician Self Employed (Geriatrics, End-of-Life Care)

More from that site:
Jerrold Ecklind, D.O., is a family practice where the doctor comes to you! We have provided Volusia County with outstanding health care services for the last nine years.
We are a board-certified family practice specializing in caring for the elderly who may or may not be home-bound. Our staff is extensively trained to help elderly patients with treatment of diseases and disabilities as well as end-of-life care.
Our professionals are committed to providing a comprehensive array of services to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality of geriatric and osteopathic health care.
  • House Calls
  • Geriatrics
  • Minor Surgery
  • Family Medicine
  • Medicare Accepted
With more than 10 years of experience as a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Ecklind is highly experienced with facilitating the body’s inherent ability to heal itself.
The Doctor Is Only a Phone Call Away! Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Jerrold Ecklind, DDO
555 W. Granada Blvd.,
Ste. D-2
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Phone: 386-615-8300
Fax: 386-677-1818
E-Mail Us

Appointments:
Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm
Lunch: 12pm-1pm

HISTORY
Jerrold Ecklind, D.O., opened his practice in 1999 to diseased, debilitated, end-of-life, and elderly patients. While we mainly focus on home visits, we also offer office visits. The primary goal of this practice is to provide exceptional medical care services, empathetic comfort, and respectable dignity to patients during their life and the end-of-state of life.
We are a board-certified family practice specializing in geriatrics and home-bound disabled patients. It is our belief that all patients deserve the finest possible health care delivered with compassion.
Please contact us today to receive the superior health care services that you deserve!
Dr. Jerrold Ecklind primarily focuses on home visits in the Volusia County area, with a minor focus on office visits. Please contact us to schedule your appointment today!

Ormond Beach is a little bit away from Orlando (Kesse), but he might have been there on business.

I wonder why the "dr." associates SNF units with end of life care? I learned in nursing school that many elderly do die while there due to heart failure or other things associated to old age and the stress of trying to recuperate from injury or strokes. Sorry, but I wouldn't want a DO caring for me for anything other than a cold or flu.

OK, he was in WV from 1990 to 1997 from his website history info.
Repeating above info but with city or county/state info:
Education
1997-1999 – Residency in Family Practice – Atlantic Medical Center
DAYTONA BEACH, FL

1996-1997 – Traditional rotating Internship – Logan General Hospital
LOGAN COUNTY, WV

1992-1996 – Doctorate – West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
LEWISBURG, WV

1990-1992 – Biology/Chemistry – Davis and Elkins College
ELKINS, WV

Well, it won't be long till the DNA is compared. He gave his willingly because he says he has nothing to hide. Hmmmmmm.
From Shadowraiths' link:

Now, Daytona Beach investigators are waiting for the results of Ecklind's DNA comparison test, Lambert, the doctor's attorney, said. The serial killer left his DNA on at least two of his victims, police have said, and every time someone is arrested, officers all over the county are asking suspects if they can swab their cheeks for DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back