VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
there have been two suicides there in the last 3 weeks, that place has been combed over by police and rescue personel :(

*snork* I live further north and it's and we have Hatfields vs Hatfields and Mcoys vs Mcoys. Anything else is a bonus as long as I'm not involved!:scared:

Seriously- that is what it's like up here in certain places. Only we have Hatfields vs McCoys, McCoys vs McCoys, McCoys vs Hatfields and Hatfields vs Hatfields with many poor unsuspecting people sprinkled between them all, wondering why in the heck they just had to get tea bags that day instead of the next day or yesterday. :panic:

Unless one lives up here, they won't get that reference. That's ok, it took me years to sort it all out, too!

Bringing info forward from Feb 15
-------------------------------

Richard Whitcomb, 38, is facing federal firearms charges.

He was charged after detectives began questioning him in the disappearance of Austin Colson.

Whitcomb was questioned by Vermont State Police.

He admitted to scrapping with Colson on numerous occasions, but denied contacting him the day he went missing.

Whitcomb was also a middleman for Colson, who sold cocaine.

Whitcomb told authorities he used a gun as collateral for drugs.

Colson would supply the cocaine and hold onto the gun until the transaction was complete.

In court, a detective pointed out several different stories given by Whitcomb surrounding the disappearance of Colson.

Whitcomb’s cellphone was also pinged on Jan. 11 near the location where the scrapping trailer was supposed to be picked up.

Court documents also note that Whitcomb’s cellphone was wiped clean when detectives found it.

But, when they opened the Safari app, they allegedly found a search for how long gunshot residue lasts.

The judge ruled for Whitcomb to remain behind bars until his next court appearance for his gun charges.

Vermont State Police have not charged him in Colson's disappearance.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/in-ar...rs-ask-to-be-armed-but-not-with-guns/18668149

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Feb 15

"Among the false statements Whitcomb offered, Fuller told the court, was that he had last seen Colson on Jan. 8. Fuller said three witnesses reported Colson and Whitcomb were together the night of Jan. 10 and that Colson had returned a .32-caliber semi-automatic pistol to Whitcomb at the time. Colson was last seen the next morning, Jan. 11."

She said Whitcomb also made up a story about going to Manchester with another man, Mark Rupple, but that proved false. Rupple, who is from the Enfield-Lebanon area, said he got a call from Whitcomb indicating he needed an alibi, said state police Detective Eric Albright, the lone witness called at the hearing. Albright said Whitcomb initially gave a false last name for his companion, but detectives traced him and interviewed him.

Fuller said Whitcomb lied about his cellphone. He also had erased much of its contents, which could be evidence, she said. One thing found by police was his internet search for, “How long does GSR last.” GSR stands for gunshot residue.

The internet search was located by the lead investigator, Detective Sgt. Richard Holden, as he checked Whitcomb’s iPhone, Albright testified.

She also said Whitcomb maintained he never went near the home on Route 14 in Sharon of Dana Colson, the missing man’s father, on Jan. 11, but cell tower records show otherwise.

http://www.vnews.com/Richard-Whitcomb-appears-in-federal-court-in-Burlington-VT-on-Feb-15-15580404

Feb 15

Whitcomb’s wife, Sara, declined comment to the*Valley News*as the hearing ended.

Albright said Sara Whitcomb was trying to work with her husband on his drug issues by going to a therapist.

“She understood he had a narcotics issue,” said Albright, a trooper for more than 23 years.

While Assistant U.S. Attorney Wendy Fuller did not attempt to prove that Whitcomb was responsible for Colson disappearing, she helped paint a picture of a defendant that could not be trusted.

She noted that while his serious convictions were old, Whitcomb also had violated probation five times and eventually was discharged as unsatisfactory.

http://www.vnews.com/Richard-Whitcomb-appears-in-federal-court-in-Burlington-VT-on-Feb-15-15580404

Thanks Henry, trying to stay updated without Facebook!!! :moose:

Thanks Henry, trying to stay updated without Facebook!!! :moose:
Hi Farm- the 2 articles gave the facts....you are only missing the drama... :)

But drama can be entertaining.......:cheer:

Well not be able to see what is on there I have no idea what is being said but sounds like there is at least information to be sorted through. I can bet some of what you are reading on the VSP webpage is true and am sure is quite scary.

Bringing info forward from Feb 15
-------------------------------

Richard Whitcomb, 38, is facing federal firearms charges.

He was charged after detectives began questioning him in the disappearance of Austin Colson.

Whitcomb was questioned by Vermont State Police.

He admitted to scrapping with Colson on numerous occasions, but denied contacting him the day he went missing.

Whitcomb was also a middleman for Colson, who sold cocaine.

Whitcomb told authorities he used a gun as collateral for drugs.

Colson would supply the cocaine and hold onto the gun until the transaction was complete.

In court, a detective pointed out several different stories given by Whitcomb surrounding the disappearance of Colson.

Whitcomb’s cellphone was also pinged on Jan. 11 near the location where the scrapping trailer was supposed to be picked up.

Court documents also note that Whitcomb’s cellphone was wiped clean when detectives found it.

But, when they opened the Safari app, they allegedly found a search for how long gunshot residue lasts.

The judge ruled for Whitcomb to remain behind bars until his next court appearance for his gun charges.

Vermont State Police have not charged him in Colson's disappearance.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/in-ar...rs-ask-to-be-armed-but-not-with-guns/18668149

Do we know the next court date?

Feb 15

Whitcomb’s wife, Sara, declined comment to the*Valley News*as the hearing ended.

Albright said Sara Whitcomb was trying to work with her husband on his drug issues by going to a therapist.

“She understood he had a narcotics issue,” said Albright, a trooper for more than 23 years.

While Assistant U.S. Attorney Wendy Fuller did not attempt to prove that Whitcomb was responsible for Colson disappearing, she helped paint a picture of a defendant that could not be trusted.

She noted that while his serious convictions were old, Whitcomb also had violated probation five times and eventually was discharged as unsatisfactory.

I hear the song Stand By Your Man playing

Any updates? I'm inferring that the family has conceded that Austin is deceased, probably killed by Whitcomb, just a matter of getting a confession or evidence. I think it's pretty obvious.

A: Whitcomb's cell phone was pinged near the abandoned trailer
B: Whitcomb obviously reset his phone [to conceal evidence] - which no one does unless they bought a new phone
C: Whitcomb was "supposed to" meet with Colson that day to sell scrap metal
D: Whitcomb searched online "how long does GSR last" (gunshot residue)

Really sad. Hope this ends sooner than later. He has no right to take the life of another man even if Colson crossed him in a drug deal.

Of course we don't know this for sure - so I'll say "IMO" - but come on it's pretty obvious.

Well was hoping for some news because I thought that someone might have squealed by now.

They haven't stopped since the beginning. They go from page to page attacking one another, then they resume some of it on the VSP page for a bit. Yikes!
A lot of confidence that VSP have the right person.

Notice the list of roads of interest.
1f3555ff4af2d3bbd250df32435bf433.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members