Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Essex neighbors feel loss of missing couple

The void in the neighborhood feels greatest during the holidays, Laurie Singer says.

Singer’s family lived next door to Bill and Lorraine Currier for years. The couple’s ranch-style home on Colbert Street in Essex, which used to come alive each Halloween and Christmas, has stood dormant these past six months.

More: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120103/NEWS02/120102025/Essex-neighbors-feel-loss-missing-couple-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Snipped from article above...

Currier searches

Bill and Lorraine Currier were last seen leaving work at about 5 p.m. June 8. Police have said they suspect the Essex couple were at their home at 8 Colbert St. early that evening. At about 10 a.m. the next day, Bill Currier’s sister reported the couple missing. By 10 p.m. that day, Essex police obtained a search warrant for the home and asked the Vermont State Police to check a camp in Norton that the family shared. The Curriers’ car was found June 10 near a Dumpster at an apartment complex at 241 Pearl St. in Essex, about three-quarters of a mile from their home.
Here are searches police have undertaken:
• June 10: A police canine searches the area where the car was discovered.
• June 13: Police conduct searches at Gauthier Park, from Pearl Street west to Susie Wilson Road and the wooded area west of Lowe’s on Susie Wilson Road. New England Canine assisted.
• June 20: Police search the dead end section of Susie Wilson Road by foot.
• June 24: Police search 68 acres on Pearl Street heading east; 199 Old Colchester Road; northern end of the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds; Parizo Drive; South Street; Cascade Street; Lamore Road; the pull-off area of exit 11 on the Circumferential Highway; River Road near Mazza’s; Indian Brook Reservoir; Vermont 15 at the Browns River; Vermont 128 at the Browns River; the Essex side of North Williston Road; Williston Overlook; River Cove Road; Mill Pond Road in Colchester and Colchester Pond parking lot; and the water treatment area behind St. Michael’s College.
• June 28: Cadaver dog searches near an undisclosed South Burlington residence near Burlington International Airport.
• July 14: Three cadaver dogs search Susie Wilson Road, Gauthier Drive and Pearl Street Park.
• Aug. 4: The Vermont State Police lead a search that covers Old Stage, Lost Nation, Colonel Page, Indian Brook and McGee roads.
• Mid-September: Verizon phone carrier provides more information in response to earlier subpoenas, and investigators determine a cellphone tower in Fort Ethan Allen was used to relay a call from Burlington to William Currier’s cellphone at 7:26 a.m. June 9 that went to voicemail. The cellphone is dead and has not been recovered, but the FBI determines the general area for the next search.
• Oct. 13: Cadaver dog searches the north end of Kenyon Road in Richmond.
• Oct. 25: 34 police and rescue personnel — the largest search party in the case — comb woods, fields and along the Winooski River. Some areas are repeats, and police said they could return to some locations.

Anyone have a clue as to what caused LE to search the north end of Kenyon Road in Richmond? (The north end is close by a lot of recent construction).

I heard this morning on the radio that this is a suspect for a robbery that occurred prior to the Currier's disappearance...

What does the guy in the hazmat suit have in his hand around the 2:00 mark? I wish they would have shown more of the dog working in the video!
I would hazard a guess at heavy canvas, like tents and tarps are made from. It appears too stiff to be sheet, not thick like blanket or comforter or sleeping bag. Just guessing though...

I would hazard a guess at heavy canvas, like tents and tarps are made from. It appears too stiff to be sheet, not thick like blanket or comforter or sleeping bag. Just guessing though...

My first impression when I saw that was that it was burlap, but now I'm not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn
Back