Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you look on Google maps, you will see that their street is very populated. I imagine if they were removed from their house against their will it had to be a gunpoint, and in the middle of the night.

Bench-monkey,
Yes, I do see what you mean.... I read that the houses on Pat O'Hagan's street were about 50 feet apart... And yet she too was taken out of the house.... And apparently none of her neighbors saw or heard a thing.

The broken window in Bill and Lorraine's house intrigues me. How did they not hear the glass breaking ? Or how did the neighbors not hear or react ?

I read recently that we are the most vulnerable at around 4 a.m. Our sleep is deep, and we do not wake at sounds the way we would earlier during the night... I am thinking that the house was entered at around that time... Assuming that there actually was an intruder... MOO

JMO

The cut phone lines are certainly curious, especially given how many people have cell phones nowadays. Cutting a phone line wouldn't necessarily accomplish anything.

The cut phone lines are certainly curious, especially given how many people have cell phones nowadays. Cutting a phone line wouldn't necessarily accomplish anything.

Excellent point. They apparently had both cell phones and a landline phone... I am wondering about both the cut phone lines and the broken window. It was never stated by LE that an intruder had entered by the broken window at all. Or that an intruder had somehow unlocked a door via reaching into the broken window MOO... I'm wondering why an intruder would risk alerting people by breaking a window,when he maybe could have jimmied a door much more quietly ? MOO

JMO

Excellent point. They apparently had both cell phones and a landline phone... I am wondering about both the cut phone lines and the broken window. It was never stated by LE that an intruder had entered by the broken window at all. Or that an intruder had somehow unlocked a door via reaching into the broken window MOO... I'm wondering why an intruder would risk alerting people by breaking a window,when he maybe could have jimmied a door much more quietly ? MOO

JMO

Hate to say it, but my first thought when these facts were reported was that the scene was set to make it LOOK like there was an intruder.

I thought the same. I also thought that maybe, if they never used the land line, it was cut at an earlier time (maybe even on accident) and they just never noticed or cared.

Just a thought....

...cut phone lines could also be to disable a security system?....

Many people do not have digital cell back-up on their security alarm systems.

Also, many people still use dial-up internet, so cutting phone lines would disable their internet, also....

ETA: My (elderly) parents have a cell phone, but refuse to learn how to use it...<sigh>

Does anyone have a source or information as to the TIME the Currier's were REPORTED MISSING on Thursday the 9th?

If anyone comes across their dates of birth, would appreciate that info as well.
Thank you

Does anyone have a source or information as to the TIME the Currier's were REPORTED MISSING on Thursday the 9th?

If anyone comes across their dates of birth, would appreciate that info as well.
Thank you

I don't believe their birth dates have been given out, that would be something the family could help with.

Police believe the couple disappeared sometime between 5 p.m. Wednesday, June 8, 2011 and 10 a.m. Thursday, June 9, 2011.

There was a call placed to the police for check late on that Thursday morning.

Bill's sister thought that he saw their car on the way to work and then was surprised to see that she wasn't at work. When Bill's sister tried to call Bill she discovered he also did not go to work. That's when the call was made.

A neighbor believes she saw normal activity with being the yard/yard work in the early evening but cannot specifically confirm.

Their bird cage was still covered when the police went to check on the house. This leads the family to believe they went missing sometime after bedtime but before their morning routine Wed/Thursday.

That's an interesting article. Why they moved to have the records sealed is what sticks in my mind. I can't help but think that the VT LE keeps too much to themselves, leading to cold cases. Pat O'Hagan comes to mind. They refused to release anything but the sparsest details, and only this spring, searched the creek across from her house. A little late, and no results. Sometimes, releasing nothing means the reports stop, the leads stop, and the case gets lost on a shelf.

That's an interesting article. Why they moved to have the records sealed is what sticks in my mind. I can't help but think that the VT LE keeps too much to themselves, leading to cold cases. Pat O'Hagan comes to mind. They refused to release anything but the sparsest details, and only this spring, searched the creek across from her house. A little late, and no results. Sometimes, releasing nothing means the reports stop, the leads stop, and the case gets lost on a shelf.

They did an outstanding job when Michelle Gardner Quinn was missing, IMO.

That was a different police department (Burlington Police Dept) and there was more transparency in that case. That case was in the public's face on a daily basis. I agree the BPD did an outstanding job on that case.

I know it was a different department, but the post I quoted was referring to VT LE in general.

I know it was a different department, but the post I quoted was referring to VT LE in general.

Hard to generalize accurately about VT LE. There are a lot of different components, answering to different authorities and (in the case of prosecutors and sheriffs, who are elected) different constituencies. Some of them are much better than others, of course.

The reporters make a real difference, and there have been a couple of the best reporting this story. I'm glad to see them going to court for access to documents. Sometimes a prosecutor will file to seal something as a way of getting a judge to make a decision about releasing records and thus to avoid criticism and potential litigation issues.

ESSEX — The likelihood that a missing Essex couple will be found safe two weeks after vanishing from their Essex home diminishes with each passing day, police say.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...mount-Essex-couple-has-been-missing-two-weeks

I thought this was very interesting, both as a fact, and because the reporter may be signaling something by carefully including the detail: "The window of an interior door connecting the garage to the house was smashed, scattering bits of broken glass inside the garage." (my bold).

That suggests to me that the glass was broken from the house side -- not what you would expect from an intruder.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110611004

Similarly, regarding LE's removal of the dumpster next to where the car was found, the reporter carefully included an important fact in this earlier article without commenting on it:

"Saturday, residents of the apartments said police removed the Dumpster late Friday night. [snip] Paula Huckleberry, another resident, said she didn&#8217;t pay any particular notice when she took some trash to the Dumpster about mid-morning Friday. Not long after, she said, she heard the complex&#8217;s trash hauler come and empty the receptacle. (my bold)

In other words, if the couple is deceased and their bodies were in the dumpster, they were hauled away before LE took the dumpster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back