Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought this was very interesting, both as a fact, and because the reporter may be signaling something by carefully including the detail: "The window of an interior door connecting the garage to the house was smashed, scattering bits of broken glass inside the garage." (my bold).

That suggests to me that the glass was broken from the house side -- not what you would expect from an intruder.

Good catch! I suppose there could be glass both inside the house and inside the garage, but as you said that statement is carefully worded.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110611004

Similarly, regarding LE's removal of the dumpster next to where the car was found, the reporter carefully included an important fact in this earlier article without commenting on it:

"Saturday, residents of the apartments said police removed the Dumpster late Friday night. [snip] Paula Huckleberry, another resident, said she didn’t pay any particular notice when she took some trash to the Dumpster about mid-morning Friday. Not long after, she said, she heard the complex’s trash hauler come and empty the receptacle. (my bold)

In other words, if the couple is deceased and their bodies were in the dumpster, they were hauled away before LE took the dumpster.

I had noticed this, as well. I suppose they can still analyze the dumpster for trace evidence.

"The window of an interior door connecting the garage to the house was smashed, scattering bits of broken glass inside the garage." (my bold).

So, a possible struggle inside the home, where someone was shoved into the door or such... causing the window to break towards the outside?

My husband works in Essex Junction - and I find this really baffling. I wonder if maybe it wasn't an abduction, but rather a murder/suicide. The fact that the gun is missing and the window appears to be broken from the inside seems odd.

My husband works in Essex Junction - and I find this really baffling. I wonder if maybe it wasn't an abduction, but rather a murder/suicide. The fact that the gun is missing and the window appears to be broken from the inside seems odd.

Clues are pointing more towards abduction, but murder/suicide isn't ruled out I'm sure.

I'm sure Bill wouldn't have killed his wife, dumped her body then parked his car a mile away from his home, left it there and went walking on foot to kill himself. Seems like a lot of work if your just going to kill yourself anyways, so why put effort in trying to hide the body of your wife and yourself? This is just MHO though.

But I get what your saying, at this point, you can't rule out anything.

I believe the removed dumpster was located and able to be reviewed. Not 100% sure. I would have to do some research to determine if this was something I read about (therefore verified) or something I heard as part of water-cooler conversation. (I work in the same building as Lorraine and her sister). I'll dig around a bit.

I believe the removed dumpster was located and able to be reviewed.

But the article didn't mention removal of the dumpster. It said "she heard the complex’s trash hauler come and empty the receptacle." (my bold)

What about the description of the guy possibly seen driving the Currier's vehicle ? And LE did say that the inside of the house was being treated as a crime scene... The interior window could have been broken during a struggle with an intruder.MOO I'm thinking an intruder went into the house, and took them out at gunpoint.MOO

JMO

What about the description of the guy possibly seen driving the Currier's vehicle ? And LE did say that the inside of the house was being treated as a crime scene... The interior window could have been broken during a struggle with an intruder.MOO I'm thinking an intruder went into the house, and took them out at gunpoint.MOO

You may be right... As to the "crime scene" part, declaring it a crime scene may be a legal tactic to allow them to have continued access. From an early story (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110609037): "Essex police obtained a search warrant to enter the house, which they did at about 10 p.m. Police are maintaining control of the house overnight, which [...] allows the search warrant to remain valid."

JMO

I agree. If they were removed from their home against their will it would have had to have been at gunpoint.

I believe the removed dumpster was located and able to be reviewed. Not 100% sure. I would have to do some research to determine if this was something I read about (therefore verified) or something I heard as part of water-cooler conversation. (I work in the same building as Lorraine and her sister). I'll dig around a bit.

Of course it was located -- it was the police that removed it

I think that the parking lot where the car was found is odd. Seems like a very wierd place to dump a car. With the median access is not very easy (you can only enter from one direction & then leave from one direction). The particular parking spot is wierd too -- wouldnt it of been easier/ quicker to just pull into a parking spot instead of parking in that spot by the dumpster?

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110611004

Similarly, regarding LE's removal of the dumpster next to where the car was found, the reporter carefully included an important fact in this earlier article without commenting on it:

"Saturday, residents of the apartments said police removed the Dumpster late Friday night. [snip] Paula Huckleberry, another resident, said she didn’t pay any particular notice when she took some trash to the Dumpster about mid-morning Friday. Not long after, she said, she heard the complex’s trash hauler come and empty the receptacle. (my bold)

In other words, if the couple is deceased and their bodies were in the dumpster, they were hauled away before LE took the dumpster.

Yes, it is very possible that the trash haulers hauled them away however, I am sure the police thought of that -- they probably needed to look the dumpster over for trace evidence - it being empty of trash does not eliminate the possibility of other evidence

I think that the parking lot where the car was found is odd. Seems like a very wierd place to dump a car. With the median access is not very easy (you can only enter from one direction & then leave from one direction). The particular parking spot is wierd too -- wouldnt it of been easier/ quicker to just pull into a parking spot instead of parking in that spot by the dumpster?

Only reason I can think of is : the driver (s) of the vehicle disposed of something in the dumpster. Possibly it was something heavy,messy,or cumbersome...MOO

JMO

Another hard part of this case is the mystery of motive. It seems the couple was targeted but why

Another hard part of this case is the mystery of motive. It seems the couple was targeted but why

Earlier on in this forum, it was reported that Lorraine said that some guy had been bothering her.She told her friend about it...She said that it was almost like he was stalking her... MOO, but perhaps this was motive ?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back