VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another weird thing...

There are two girls with the same rare last name mentioned in the articles. One of them is the one that punched Brianna. The other one was one that talked about what a great friend she was. They both had different first names. Were they sisters?? Was it a typo? Are they not related at all? I found the lack of mention of this odd.

Good couple of points made by the last poster.

I recently saw a photo of Maitlands face after the broken nose and its clear she was involved in a serious fight awhile before she went missing, of course it might have nothing to do with her disappearance but it does give a kind of indication of the type of people Brianna knew and indicates she certainly had at least one enemy.

It seems a fair guess that she was at that spot where her car was found at to do something she didn't want people knowing about - it could be fighting but it could also be a drug transaction or even to do with an affair Maitland was conducting. The panic at the scene shows something went very wrong, I can almost buy that the crash was staged but I don't believe the stuff found inside and outside the car was staged. Perhaps the strangest thing is the lemon / lime slice and cup near the car, like it had fallen off the car.

The key is clearly the evidence found in the car and this explains why police have been so concerned about giving out too much information. The reason for withholding must be that someone else, 1 or more, was travelling with Brianna in that car. I feel that the hidden passenger theory is unlikely and might be a smoke screen for the real hypothesis the cops have. Sadly I feel Brianna is probably not with us anymore due to time passed and strong foul play signals, nevertheless I hope they find this girl soon for the family.

Surely a coincidence but this does have some odd coincidences with the Maura Murray case.

Good couple of points made by the last poster.

I recently saw a photo of Maitlands face after the broken nose and its clear she was involved in a serious fight awhile before she went missing, of course it might have nothing to do with her disappearance but it does give a kind of indication of the type of people Brianna knew and indicates she certainly had at least one enemy.

It could be nothing related, but am I wrong in saying that this is very bizarre behavior? I know plenty of women get into physical fights, but I can only remember one occasion in my entire life where I witnessed in person two women fighting physically and that was in middle school. The assailant could be psychotic, but it seems like something was very, very wrong to provoke such a reaction and goes beyond normal bullying. The same is true about her choice to drop out of her new HS due to bullying by people she thought were friends. Something doesn't add up.

Perhaps the strangest thing is the lemon / lime slice and cup near the car, like it had fallen off the car.

Very strange. It's been suggested that it was from the restaurant; some drunk threw a drink on her car to get rid of it and the lime froze to the car. That's a stretch though.

t doesn't make sense to me that she would stop at that house to make a cocktail unless there was a party, but a blogger about this case has debunked that over and over saying the timing does not jive with her attending a party between the time she left work and the time her car was first seen. She could have been given a drink to take on the road (more on this later, though she wasn't known to drink and drive). There was vomit found on the driver side of the car. This with the lime would make me think of alcohol poisoning or a drug overdose. It is unknown if the vomit was fresh (I would hope she wouldn't drive around like that). It makes me wonder if the timeline is actually correct about when she left work and the car was discovered. It was spotted three times that night/early morning.

The key is clearly the evidence found in the car and this explains why police have been so concerned about giving out too much information. The reason for withholding must be that someone else, 1 or more, was travelling with Brianna in that car. I feel that the hidden passenger theory is unlikely and might be a smoke screen for the real hypothesis the cops have. Sadly I feel Brianna is probably not with us anymore due to time passed and strong foul play signals, nevertheless I hope they find this girl soon for the family.

I've seen it mentioned once, and only once, that a coworker was seen at the driver side window talking to Brianna before she drove off. He could have given her a drink (doubtful), could have planned to meet her later, or could have ended up riding in the car with her. There is some skepticism among readers of that blog about how the coworkers seemed so positive they saw her get in her car and drive home; it isn't something that is usually noticed so adamantly. In most cases, something like this would be implied: "I didn't see her get in her car but I imagine she went home since that's what she said."

This is a very complicated case, and I don't know if anybody can be trusted. There are a lot of liars trying to get other liars in trouble ("so and so confessed to me...", the whole Ducharme sister thing and the affidavit involving chopping her body up and putting her in a manure pit and then reburying her somewhere else). This sounds like small town politics at its worst. The most surprising thing is how rampant and accepted drugs seem to be in this part of Vermont. If the affidavit is true (doubtful), this was about much more than a drug debt, if drugs even have anything to do with it.

Another weird thing...

There are two girls with the same rare last name mentioned in the articles. One of them is the one that punched Brianna. The other one was one that talked about what a great friend she was. They both had different first names. Were they sisters?? Was it a typo? Are they not related at all? I found the lack of mention of this odd.

I believe that Keallie and Shauna are cousins.

Another weird thing...

I just watched this episode again and went back because I would have remembered if they had the same name. Brianna's friend's name is Shauna LaBelle and the girl who punched her is named Keallie Lacross.

I just watched this episode again and went back because I would have remembered if they had the same name. Brianna's friend's name is Shauna LaBelle and the girl who punched her is named Keallie Lacross.

Welcome to Ws. sdubz, thanks for the info!

Thanks. Nice to be here. Brianna's case brought me here. I saw it on Disappeared back in 2011 and I think about it regularly. I have more questions than answers.

Why did the first person that saw Brianna's car say they saw her headlights on and the second person see a left turn signal flashing? I do not understand this. Did the first witness forget or was someone in the car after the first witness spotted it?

And why in the world would the charges against Ramon Ryans be lowered if his information did nothing to help? I would have thought the lowering of his charges be contingent on a discovery of something leading to Brianna. What was the purpose of that? And to hear he had a smug face in court. Makes my blood boil.

And lets not forget about the girl that broke Brianna's nose for whatever the reason. Her charges dropped as well. In her episode on Disappeared, her friend Shauna asked the girl what was going to happen to her and her reply is nothing is going to happen because Brianna is not around. Really? I heard she moved on to home invasions...nice. I have never seen or heard about such brazen behavior and there be no consequences.

And I'm sorry. To people that defend the first officer at the scene. Really? I know it's different in rural areas and I'm from NYC..but to see a car backed into an abandon house with someone's paychecks sitting in the front seat? I understand you could suspect a possible drunk driver. But where is the driver? How did they manage to get home on a cold night in the pitch dark? And if they got home do they remember where their car is? Yes the officer went to the Black Lantern and it was closed. Couldn't he still find a way to get in touch with the owner and find out Brianna's contact information. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work in a small town? Everyone looking out for each other. If the restaurant was on fire they would have found a way to reach the owner or a manager. Aren't the police supposed to look at things different than the public? With a different set of eyes.

And as far as Brianna experimenting with drugs and hanging with some unsavory people...ok. She did not deserve to disappear for going thru a phase in her life. I pray for some closure for her family. Her mother broke my heart telling the story of how they were going to pass by the restaurant to visit her and decided against it. Her pain was palpable.

This hits close to home for me. My husband was an acquaintance of her father and I still remember the day Brianna's brother came into the store I was working at to put up her missing flyer.

And unfortunately, drugs are starting to take a foothold in northern VT.

Coming up on 11 years she's disappeared. I see there was a person on this thread Dark Shadows that lived in the area and had given some great info but they are no longer a member of WS. I don't hear much about this case anymore. I am a member of her FB page but there is no discussion allowed which I understand being there are family members on the page and people can be cruel and insensitive. Ironically someone had mentioned on the Maura Murray FB page that it is understood who is responsible for Brianna's disappearance but they can't prove it.

And I'm sorry. To people that defend the first officer at the scene. Really? I know it's different in rural areas and I'm from NYC..but to see a car backed into an abandon house with someone's paychecks sitting in the front seat? I understand you could suspect a possible drunk driver. But where is the driver? How did they manage to get home on a cold night in the pitch dark? And if they got home do they remember where their car is? Yes the officer went to the Black Lantern and it was closed. Couldn't he still find a way to get in touch with the owner and find out Brianna's contact information. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work in a small town? Everyone looking out for each other. If the restaurant was on fire they would have found a way to reach the owner or a manager. Aren't the police supposed to look at things different than the public? With a different set of eyes.

I hate when shoddy police work so blatantly interferes with a case. Reprehensible it took so long for people to notice she was missing because the cops didn't bother to contact her mother.

It was sad to see that within 16 pages of this thread there was so little information. Not anyone's fault, of course, just so damn sad. We're thinking of you, Maitland fam, and hope you get the justice you deserve!

I hate when shoddy police work so blatantly interferes with a case. Reprehensible it took so long for people to notice she was missing because the cops didn't bother to contact her mother.

It was sad to see that within 16 pages of this thread there was so little information. Not anyone's fault, of course, just so damn sad. We're thinking of you, Maitland fam, and hope you get the justice you deserve!

EM: I was thinking about this again the other day. Whether it's due to hindsight or CSI-age bias, sloppy investigative work or all of the above, there seems to be some poor LE work at some point in a number of the unsolved cases I follow. That isn't to bash members of our LE, as I trust their best intentions (unless proven otherwise, Mr. Peterson), but it's frustrating when a case lingers and there's a glaring oversight you continue to come back to.

I still don't understand how a link between Breanna and Maura could be ruled out. The cases are so incredibly similar, and so close in time as well as place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about Brianna Maitland and her family. Tomorrow marks 11 years she disappeared. I don't know if they are any closer to answers today than they were 11 years ago. I pray for her family they have closure one day.

Vermont State Police continue investigation of disappearance of Brianna Maitland, missing since 2004
March 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM, updated March 19, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Snipped:

On the 11th anniversary of her disappearance, state police issued a regional statement that says the investigation into her disappearance remains active, and police are continuing to pursue leads in the case. While little new information was disclosed, police did say there is a strong indication that Maitland was a victim of foul play.

EKOi68al.jpg

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/03/vermont_state_police_continue.html

Maybe enough time has passed, for someone to finally unburden themselves, by revealing where Brianna can be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back