VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her case is not related to Maura Murray's, this has been discussed before. That theory has been explored and while both families and both VT and NH law enforcements agree that they are similarities, there is no reason to believe the two cases are related.

Her case is not related to Maura Murray's, this has been discussed before. That theory has been explored and while both families and both VT and NH law enforcements agree that they are similarities, there is no reason to believe the two cases are related.

Thanks for the post and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I cannot see how you can be so sure. I cannot be certain of course also but I believe they are likely related. You may be right I may be wrong but I believe I am right and hopefully one day for the victims families not for my sake we may see. As I say I believe they may be the crimes of the Connecticut River Valley Killer and in my mind I am pretty sure who that is.

Pasted from another post with shared POI. Crimes committed by Ralph Leon Jackson would have ended in 2010 when apprehended for Blue Ridge Pkwy attackand murder. Method of attacks and different weapons appear to reflect possible connection between crimes since these types of serial killers are rare, though I will leave that to the profiling experts. This person resembles the Connecticut River Valley Killer composite. This person has relatives and ties to the CRV going back to the dates of those crimes. I have also noted an address that is in very close proximity to Maura Murray with an extremely close temporal relationship between when that address becomes active and Maura’s disappearance. I am not jumping on conspiracy theories just yet but it is not lost on me that address related to this person becomes active in Springfield, MO around 1992, or are his ties to Dallas and resemblance to composite in cold case in that region of country. This person may have died in prison so any DNA connection would have to be made through familial connection like EAR/ONS. My thought is that a tight timeline and detailed history of this perosn’s residences, travels, family and associate addresses, and occupatiom / employers and residences needs to be compiled after which possible connections to unsolved crimes in the areas where this person could have been are investigated until / unless person can be ruled out. Jaejae’s freakishly astute identification of this person and his possible connectionsis to multiple other cases is absolutely correct. This person is a very valid POI for not only this crime but multiple other well known cold cases

Last edited:
Pasted from forum with shared POI. Crimes committed by Ralph Leon Jackson would have ended in 2010 when apprehended for Blue Ridge Pkwy attack-and murder. Method of attacks and different weapons appear to reflect possible connection between crimes since these types of serial killers are rare, though I will leave that to the profiling experts. This person resembles the Connecticut River Valley Killer composite. This person has relatives and ties to the CRV going back to the dates of those crimes. I have also noted an address that is in very close proximity to Maura Murray with an extremely close temporal relationship between when that address becomes active and Maura’s disappearance. I am not jumping on conspiracy theories just yet but it is not lost on me that address related to this person becomes active in Springfield, MO around 2002, or are his ties to Dallas and resemblance to composite in cold case in that region of country. This person may have died in prison so any DNA connection would have to be made through familial connection like EAR/ONS. My thought is that a tight timeline and detailed history of this perosn’s residences, travels, family and associate addresses, and occupatiom / employers and residences needs to be compiled after which possible connections to unsolved crimes in the areas where this person could have been are investigated until / unless person can be ruled out. Jaejae’s freakishly astute identification of this person and his possible connectionsis to multiple other cases is absolutely correct. This person is a very valid POI for notonly this series but numerous other unsolved cold cases in different areas of country.

Thanks for the post and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I cannot see how you can be so sure. I cannot be certain of course also but I believe they are likely related. You may be right I may be wrong but I believe I am right and hopefully one day for the victims families not for my sake we may see. As I say I believe they may be the crimes of the Connecticut River Valley Killer and in my mind I am pretty sure who that is.

I can be so sure based on my 4 years of looking into Brianna's case, going on location in Vermont several times, talking to her family, her friends, law enforcement and keeping myself updated on Maura's case sporadically. I've spoken to plenty of people including law enforcement and private investigators about Brianna's case, I have yet to find any clear reason to believe her cases is related to Maura's and nobody has ever given me tangible proof that would point in that direction. The theory of the disappearances being related makes for a good movie that's for sure but that's about it, people sometimes apply their own bias to things they want to see connected but that really aren't. Not only that but of all the people I've spoken to, not one of them believes the two cases are related or that they have anything to do with the Connecticut River Valley Killer which by the way stopped operating almost 20 years before the two disappearances. I respect your opinion and I am telling you what I know, there have plenty of opportunities for people to come forward and show me, law enforcement or the public why we should think the two cases are connected but so far nobody has done that. If I knew the two cases were related, I would have no problem coming forward to say it but that's not what my research tells me and what the people that know the two cases have told me.

I can be so sure based on my 4 years of looking into Brianna's case, going on location in Vermont several times, talking to her family, her friends, law enforcement and keeping myself updated on Maura's case sporadically. I've spoken to plenty of people including law enforcement and private investigators about Brianna's case, I have yet to find any clear reason to believe her cases is related to Maura's and nobody has ever given me tangible proof that would point in that direction. The theory of the disappearances being related makes for a good movie that's for sure but that's about it, people sometimes apply their own bias to things they want to see connected but that really aren't. Not only that but of all the people I've spoken to, not one of them believes the two cases are related or that they have anything to do with the Connecticut River Valley Killer which by the way stopped operating almost 20 years before the two disappearances. I respect your opinion and I am telling you what I know, there have plenty of opportunities for people to come forward and show me, law enforcement or the public why we should think the two cases are connected but so far nobody has done that. If I knew the two cases were related, I would have no problem coming forward to say it but that's not what my research tells me and what the people that know the two cases have told me.

Thanks for the reply. I too have studied the cases for a long time longer than four years over double that length of time and I believe I am right. I say believe because I cannot be absolutely certain and do not see how you could be 100% certain. I am about 99% of so. I also would not assume that LE always have all the answers although the vast majority are honest men and women trying their best. Thanks for the post just to add I was aware from your username that you had been on a Podcast or two.

I don't know how you could look into those cases for over double that length of time and still believe they are related but if anything I would love to hear your thoughts.

I don't know how you could look into those cases for over double that length of time and still believe they are related but if anything I would love to hear your thoughts.

Look good luck we will have to beg to differ and we all care about what happened to Brianna. What I would say a possible connection is not rocket science so to speak. Two crimes against young girls in the same part of the US. I think it is more logical to think of a possible connection until it is ruled out but always keep an open mind. My suspect is the Connecticut River Valley Killer and I believe e he was a man called Ralph Jackson who's last crime was in 2010 so he was active at the times of Brianna's and Maura's disappearances. Cheers.

Last edited:
One more thing I will say is to be backing her vehicle into the Dutch barn saunds like his twisted sense of humour.

The possible connection has been all but ruled out years ago by all the competent people involved in both cases, even the family of the two girls do not believe they are connected. While a lot of mistakes were made in the beginning in both cases by law enforcement, I believe they got it right when they said those are two seperate cases. Knowing that, I would love to talk to someone who believes they are connected to see how he or she could answer some of my questions. Like for instance, why would a serial killer be lurking near midnight in near freezing conditions in Vermont? What are the chances of a serial killer just happening to be on that same dark road where Brianna was? How did he get her out of her car? How do you explain away all the stories that have come out that point in different directions including stories that involve the same group of people?

The possible connection has been all but ruled out years ago by all the competent people involved in both cases, even the family of the two girls do not believe they are connected. While a lot of mistakes were made in the beginning in both cases by law enforcement, I believe they got it right when they said those are two seperate cases. Knowing that, I would love to talk to someone who believes they are connected to see how he or she could answer some of my questions. Like for instance, why would a serial killer be lurking near midnight in near freezing conditions in Vermont? What are the chances of a serial killer just happening to be on that same dark road where Brianna was? How did he get her out of her car? How do you explain away all the stories that have come out that point in different directions including stories that involve the same group of people?

In my opinion there is an arrogance in your post you have to be right and all competent people agree with you and therefore implying people with my views are not competent. I believe I am right and have just given you the name of a possible offender. Sorry but you have offered no offender or possible solutions to the mysteries. Like I say I actually believe I know who the Connecticut River Killer is and that is a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. Like some other posters you seem to believe because you have a theory and have invested time in it you have to be right. Near midnight in freezing conditions sounds just the time a Serial Killer might strike to me and I have posted about a Montana case in 2000 where he was in freezing conditions, colder than Vermont and at about 3:eek:o am where he did just that. He would have stalked Brianna perhaps as he stalked in the Route 20 Stalker case. I cannot be 100% sure he committed the crimes but I am sure as the Connecticut River Killer he is a good suspect. As I said in my last post we will have to beg to differ and good luck with your research. Thanks

Cases are about opinions I find it quite believable Serial Killer would be waiting about on a cold Vermont night. My suspect Jackson I believe was pretty much an unstoppable pyshopath who would not say something along the lines of 'oh dear its too cold to commit a murder tonight'. As I say he is my suspect in the Connecticut River Valley Killer crimes and I think he liked bad weather which caused young women problems with their vehicles etc. Anyway thanks for your thoughts you may be right but I still think I am and I have a good suspect.

Cases are about opinions I find it quite believable Serial Killer would be waiting about on a cold Vermont night. My suspect Jackson I believe was pretty much an unstoppable pyshopath who would not say something along the lines of 'oh dear its too cold to commit a murder tonight'. As I say he is my suspect in the Connecticut River Valley Killer crimes and I think he liked bad weather which caused young women problems with their vehicles etc. Anyway thanks for your thoughts you may be right but I still think I am and I have a good suspect.

Also to answer another one of your questions he seemed to need so little sleep he was almost a freak and therefore operated throughout the night and therefore did not have a fixed bedtime say before Midnight.

In my opinion there is an arrogance in your post you have to be right and all competent people agree with you and therefore implying people with my views are not competent. I believe I am right and have just given you the name of a possible offender. Sorry but you have offered no offender or possible solutions to the mysteries. Like I say I actually believe I know who the Connecticut River Killer is and that is a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. Like some other posters you seem to believe because you have a theory and have invested time in it you have to be right. Near midnight in freezing conditions sounds just the time a Serial Killer might strike to me and I have posted about a Montana case in 2000 where he was in freezing conditions, colder than Vermont and at about 3:eek:o am where he did just that. He would have stalked Brianna perhaps as he stalked in the Route 20 Stalker case. I cannot be 100% sure he committed the crimes but I am sure as the Connecticut River Killer he is a good suspect. As I said in my last post we will have to beg to differ and good luck with your research. Thanks

I'm not implying you yourself are not competent, my comment about competent people was not an attempt on my part to insult you in any way. I don't know you personally and I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge about certain cases as do all the people contributing to the forums regardless of their background. What I am however saying is that competent people who definitely know what they're doing (at least those that I know who are looking into Brianna's case) have determined long ago that the two cases are not related and at this point I think trying to make a connection there is not helping things move forward in the right direction. Like I said, I haven't talked to a single person since 2015 that told me something along the lines of : "Yes, the two cases are connected, here's why". To assume that a serial killer and the same serial killer could have been involved in making both Maura and Brianna go missing would be to assume also at the same time that all those people I know and others who have spent countless hours working on one case or both are all wrong. Sorry but I find that to be a little absurd. I am open to potentially changing my mind about the cases being or not being related but it has to be something extremely solid and I have not been given that in the 4 years I've looked into Brianna's case. Also, I hope that you shared your information and theory about Ralph Jackson with the VSP because that would be the logical thing to do at this point.

I'm not implying you yourself are not competent, my comment about competent people was not an attempt on my part to insult you in any way. I don't know you personally and I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge about certain cases as do all the people contributing to the forums regardless of their background. What I am however saying is that competent people who definitely know what they're doing (at least those that I know who are looking into Brianna's case) have determined long ago that the two cases are not related and at this point I think trying to make a connection there is not helping things move forward in the right direction. Like I said, I haven't talked to a single person since 2015 that told me something along the lines of : "Yes, the two cases are connected, here's why". To assume that a serial killer and the same serial killer could have been involved in making both Maura and Brianna go missing would be to assume also at the same time that all those people I know and others who have spent countless hours working on one case or both are all wrong. Sorry but I find that to be a little absurd. I am open to potentially changing my mind about the cases being or not being related but it has to be something extremely solid and I have not been given that in the 4 years I've looked into Brianna's case. Also, I hope that you shared your information and theory about Ralph Jackson with the VSP because that would be the logical thing to do at this point.

Thanks for the interesting post I have read through it and will try and keep an open mind myself. With Jackson I believe the FBI know only two well who he is.

There are a large number of missing person cases in NH and VT going back to the 1980's. A large number of these are missing females presumed to have fallen victim to serial killer(s) and motorcycle gang such as one percenters. Below is a list of missing person cold cases just from NH. There are a lot of other murders that could fit CRVK that go well beyond the 1980's. I have seen different murders included on list of crimes in different media sources. Do they have DNA linking the crimes? Have all the other crimes that possibly fit the pattern been ruled out using DNA? If not, I'm not sure how anything has been ruled out, one way or the other. I'm not proclaiming to know but definitely see where it could be connected until ruled out - wrecked vehicles found on side of road with young women missing to never been seen again in rural areas 90 miles apart. If there is evidence ruling out a certain avenue of investigation, then please share. If not, then I'm not shutting any doors just yet regardless of whether anyone else wants to paint themselves into a corner.

I think the answer is in DNA. DNA from every fingerprint card on file needs to be added to a national databank and all unsolved crimes compared for matches. The DNA laws are out of date since they don't appear to consider touch DNA. With fingerprint database of offenders being long established as being legal, I'm not sure what the problem would be in moving forward with taking touch DNA for database from fingerprints on file and all future arrests for any crime, misdemeanor or felony. DNA is the modern day fingerprint. It is there when fingerprints aren't. It is taken the same way as a fingerprint and added to a database just like a fingerprint, solely for the purpose of solving crimes, providing answers that the victims need, and protecting society at-large. Why hasn't this already been done? Who are the legislators protecting?
Baumann, DiethelmYear: 1993City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Bean, DorisYear: 1995City/Town: HudsonStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Bean, RussellYear: 1978/1988City/Town: MarlowStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Bird, ChrisYear: 1984City/Town: WindhamStatus: Missing Person
  • Bolton, StellaYear: 1991City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Braley, DavidYear: 1989/1990City/Town: ConcordStatus: Suspicious Death
  • Brennan, LynneYear: 2010City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Burns, StaceyYear: 2009City/Town: WolfeboroStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Carreau, DavidYear: 1993City/Town: GoffstownStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Chaput, LouiseYear: 2001City/Town: Pinkham NotchStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Conrad, ThomasYear: 2005City/Town: North HaverhillStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Doe, JaneYear: 1974City/Town: MarlboroughStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Dow, JanetYear: 1982City/Town: ThorntonStatus: Suspicious Death
  • Dow, StephenYear: 1982City/Town: ThorntonStatus: Suspicious Death
  • Dunham, JoanneYear: 1968City/Town: CharlestownStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Fitting, EricYear: 2009City/Town: SharonStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Fried, EllenYear: 1984/1985City/Town: NewportStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Giles, TerryYear: 1986City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Gray, SylviaYear: 1982City/Town: PlainfieldStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Harrison, MaryYear: 1981City/Town: HinsdaleStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Herlihy, PaulYear: 2003City/Town: MilfordStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Hicks, CarrieYear: 2007City/Town: AcworthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Hill, StevenYear: 1986City/Town: LebanonStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Horn, DebraYear: 1969City/Town: SandownStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Jimenez, MeganYear: 1989City/Town: MerrimackStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Kempton, LauraYear: 1981City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Labbe, JohnYear: 2011City/Town: PlymouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Lane, CraigYear: 1989City/Town: PeterboroughStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Little, TammyYear: 1982City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Lord, JudyYear: 1975City/Town: ConcordStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Lyman, WalterYear: 1974City/Town: RaymondStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Lyons, OmarYear: 1990City/Town: SomersworthStatus: Suspicious Death
  • Marku, LorencYear: 1997City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Moore, JamesYear: 1991City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Moore, SonyaYear: 1989/1990City/Town: DunbartonStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Morse, EvaYear: 1985/1986City/Town: UnityStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Moss, CarrieYear: 1989/1991City/Town: New BostonStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Murray, MauraYear: 2004City/Town: North HaverhillStatus: Missing Person
  • Norman, RonaldYear: 2003City/Town: AllenstownStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Oldham, DavidYear: 2015City/Town: ColumbiaStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Olsen, PaulYear: 1973City/Town: MadisonStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Page, WalterYear: 1995City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Penna, DouglasYear: 1989/1999City/Town: RoxburyStatus: Suspicious Death
  • Pickett, DavidYear: 1993City/Town: New CastleStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Pineau, AllenYear: 1998City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Place, BettyYear: 1978City/Town: WarnerStatus: Missing Person
  • Plummer, LindaYear: 1987City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Poulin, JosephYear: 1986City/Town: PortsmouthStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Rahn, LaureenYear: 1980City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Missing Person
  • Riley, JerryYear: 1993City/Town: EpsomStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Roth, ShariYear: 1977City/Town: BartlettStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Roy, RitaYear: 1991City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Segall, EddyYear: 1978City/Town: HollisStatus: Missing Person
  • Sinclair, TinaYear: 2001City/Town: ChesterfieldStatus: Missing Person
  • Snyder, Lisa K.Year: 1985/1987City/Town: RollinsfordStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Sterling, JohnYear: 1990City/Town: HillsboroughStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Teta, JamesYear: 1973City/Town: RindgeStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Watson, BrianYear: 1984City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Webb, PamelaYear: 1989City/Town: FranconiaStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • West, MindyYear: 1998City/Town: ManchesterStatus: Unsolved Homicide
  • Wright, LisaYear: 1991City/Town: LaconiaStatus: Unsolved Homicide

It seems like to me the CRVK victim list is full of victims who all just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is one of the reasons the MOs possibly fit. That and they disappeared along rural or desolate areas of roads usually at night.

Also, Ralph Jackson needs a timeline put together on his whereabouts, where his relatives lived, his travels, and jobs since he as young. I have been doing some research into his background and it appears he has in-laws from MA and may be or may have been married to a CNA. His age is right and photo is consistent with composites. He is also serving life in prison for a murder in an attack on a couple along the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Also, Ralph Jackson needs a timeline put together on his whereabouts, where his relatives lived, his travels, and jobs since he as young. I have been doing some research into his background and it appears he has in-laws from MA and may be or may have been married to a CNA. His age is right and photo is consistent with composites. He is also serving life in prison for a murder in an attack on a couple along the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Good work I think he may have travelled the country on his own committing crimes on his own as well. He served ten years in the military. As a Virginian he may have been based there at times but at times in other places. I believe he may have had a Spanish style Bull Tatto as one of the military regiments based in Virginia had this as there emblem I believe. As I say he served ten years in the military as a younger man and he may have been stationed in New England as I believe he was stationed in California in the 1970s. Good posts he certainly looks like the Connecticut River Valley Killer sketch to me. Jackson is also five foot eight tall which is about the height that the surving victim of the Connecticut River Valley Killer said her attacker was.

Again not a nice thing for Brianna's relatives to hear but I have often thought the backing of her car into the barn may give a good clue into a possible killers mentality. Half a joke more saying I have total control and dominance over my victim:

Brianna Maitland

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back