Found Deceased VT - Mary 'Pat' O'Hagan, 78, Sheffield, 10 Sept 2010 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why police believe she was 'abducted from her home' versus her merely going for a walk and becoming disoriented, or going for a walk and being abducted from that point. Seems VERY unusual to abduct a senior from her own home. Even the family suggests there was nothing of value and no reason she would be targeted. I wonder if there are signs of a struggle in the home.
It could be signs of a struggle or items left behind that she would never leave home without. I agree it does seem a little strange. If the perp was caught during a home invasion, for example, wouldn't they normally kill the victim inside the house? Or is it someone known to the family who wants to make them wonder what happened to her? :waitasec: MOO

http://findpatohagan.com/

She sounds like such a nice person...active, involved in many worthwhile activites. Praying for Pat's safe return, and for her family.

Quote from the link:

Our Mom was a tireless supporter of many organizations in the Northeast kingdom. She volunteered at the local food bank, library, historic preservation, St. Elizabeth church and was involved in many activities for the town of Sheffield.

Not sure what they mean by Northeast kingdom.

A bump for Pat this evening... can find nothing new on her case :-(

I thought for sure in the first week or two we would have read about a troubled grandchild or someone in the family doing harm.....perhaps a robbery gone bad. But now its been so long I don't think that will be the case. But.....what did happen????

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=13250205

The newest article really doesn't have much more information, except to say that her car was left in the driveway, another vigil is coming up, and that the investigation continues. There are some excellent links to related articles at the bottom.

I thought I would also add some clarification regarding what the NEK (Northeast Kingdom) covers. It's not just VT, but also across the river in NH, Coos County. It's essentially the northernmost and eastern most part of VT, and the northernmost part of NH. I should be back up there next weekend, as long as I can get a sub for my online tutoring and ensure that my online class is running well. While I love the NEK (I split my time between CT and North Stratford, NH), there is really no cell signal or internet access. It makes my life very difficult! However, I'm going to make sure Pat's posters are hanging wherever I go when I get there, and I'll bring some to put up if they aren't. It occurs to me that the weekend she went missing, many Old Home Days were happening, as well as the Lancaster Fair. It was busy (I was up then), and hunting season had just begun (bear). Someone visiting may have seen something, and the more coverage this gets, beyond the NEK, the greater the probability is of one of those potential witnesses coming forward.

thanks for the update fhc....I'm so sorry to hear that Pat is believed to be deceased. This poor lady....I sure hope they find the that abducted her.

This is so sad. Maybe now LE will release more info like why they thought immediately this was a kidnapping and why the FBI was immediately brought in. I'm still trying to figure out motive. Was there any money taken out of her accounts? The perp evidently wasn't interested in her car.

Very interesting end to the presser video. A reporter asks if there are any suspects or leads. The detective gives her a smug smile and says....no comment. I think they have someone and motive in mind.

http://www.wptz.com/news/25271840/detail.html

POSTED: 11:20 am EDT October 4, 2010
UPDATED: 5:21 pm EDT October 4, 2010

ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. -- Vermont State Police investigators said they're awaiting the results of an autopsy before they will be able to say for certain if a body found in Wheelock is that of a 78-year-old grandmother who has been missing for three weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back