VT VT - Matthew Houskeeper, 59, last seen getting a haircut, car missing, phone inactive, missed work, Manchester, 14 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still missing, search to continue tomorrow.

Sounds like it was a pretty extensive search: Teams that participated in Saturday’s search included the Vermont State Police Search and Rescue Team and the Underwater Recovery Team; the Vermont Department of Fish & Wildlife; New England K9 Search and Rescue; and Rescue Inc.

Aug 18

Matthew Houskeeper, 59, was last seen at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, when he was getting a haircut at Camille's Hair Salon in Manchester, Vt.

He was reported missing after he did not show up for a scheduled 10 a.m. shift at Kevin’s Sports Pub in North Bennington — something very out of character according to family, friends and coworkers.

His vehicle was located at 2445 Tunnel St. in Whitingham, near Sherman Reservoir, around 11:30 a.m. on Friday, according to police

Police resumed their search of the area on Saturday to no avail, and intended to resume the search on Sunday.

Still missing

“SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

The search continued Sunday for Matthew Housekeeper, 59, of Bennington. He remains missing.

Anyone with information that could assist investigators is asked to call the Westminster Barracks at 802-722-4600; the Bennington Police Department at 802-442-1030; or provide an anonymous tip online at Submit a Tip | Vermont State Police.”

Still missing

“SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

The search continued Sunday for Matthew Housekeeper, 59, of Bennington. He remains missing.
I'm really surprised there are no updates on finding Matthew by today. His car was found 3 full days ago. I just searched news sites and a variety of social media sites to no avail. This includes the Bennington VT police FB page.

If there were a mishap with his kayak I would expect to at least find the paddles. And most kayaks used on lakes don't sink to the bottom if overturned.
Have you ever wondered if a kayak can sink?.... While it may seem implausible, the answer is yes, a kayak can indeed sink. However, fear not, for such an occurrence is exceedingly rare. News Article - Can a kayak sink?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018
Back