GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking about Melissa today.

Found this article that mentions Melissa:

http://www.necn.com/05/15/12/Social...or-Vt/landing.html?blockID=708442&feedID=4213

After the March disappearance of 33-year-old St. Johnsbury Academy science teacher Melissa Jenkins, police said Facebook lit up with discussion about who the mother might have encountered the night she was killed. In the small community, detectives worried the talk on Facebook could have let the suspects know police were onto them.

http://www.wcax.com/story/18388169/jenkins-recieves

COLCHESTER, Vt. - Hundreds of students and their families filled St. Michael's College for commencement Monday. Among them, the family of slain teacher and mother Melissa Jenkins. They were there to accept her master's degree in education.

What an honor for her family!! I LOVE the picture of her with her little man.
:rose: R.I.P. Melissa :rose: You are being remembered with love and honor.

Anyone outside VT still following this? We all knew this was coming, right?

http://www.wcax.com/story/18858788/...lers-of-melissa-jenkins#.T-Tj0PAAnCM.facebook

One of the suspects accused in the murder of popular St. Johnsbury teacher Melissa Jenkins allegedly confessed to her cellmates, and forensic evidence indicates the murder was premeditated. Now prosecutors have upped the charges to first-degree murder.

A ripped up note, torn into 101 piece

I LOVE it that she was stupid enough to talk. Finally true justice.

More and more, it's looking like Patricia may have been "the brains" behind this horrific attack. That she reportedly talked about Melissa that way after shows she had no remorse. It's like she was proud they made Melissa beg for her life, and then went ahead and killed her anyway. Well, I hope she has some remorse about spending the rest of her life behind bars. And I still think we haven't heard the worst of what happened. I can't imagine being Melissa's family and having to hear this information come out. Sickening!

A few more details:

A fellow inmate said Patricia Prue said the couple had picked Jenkins because they thought she was beautiful and were attracted to her, but Patricia Prue felt "socially snuffed" by her and Jenkins didn't recommend Allen Prue, a snowplow driver, for snowplowing jobs, according to Smith's affidavit. Another inmate said Patricia Prue said she had strangled Jenkins while Allen Prue sexually assaulted her, the affidavit said.

Police found a ripped up note written by Patricia Prue with details of the crime, Smith said. Divers who searched the river discovered the prepaid cellphone the couple bought before the crime, and there's no evidence that it was used for any other call than to Jenkins' house the night she died, police said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/22/2864004/charges-upgraded-in-vt-teachers.html#storylink=cpy

Oh my....no words

What helped prosecutors build their case were pieces of physical evidence and jailhouse confessions allegedly made by Patricia Prue. She reportedly told inmates Jenkins prevented Allen from having friends by complaining about his snowplow business, and that she was jealous of her blonde hair. Other quotes from things she told inmates include:

"took turns strangling her and beating"

"to Bad we did'nt take the Little Boy with us, would have been Been so fun Killing him (sic)"

Prosecutors also obtained a shredded handwritten note from Patricia Prue that included quotes like "We picked her because" ... "It was fun."

"As affidavits read, this is one of the more disturbing ones I have come across in a long time," said Tom Powell, a forensic psychologist.

The affidavit says Patricia Prue talked about killing Melissa Jenkins' son, Ty. But according to what Patricia Prue told the inmate who relayed the information to police, they did not want to hurt the boy since he was awake.

http://www.wcax.com/story/18879195/arraignment-for-couple-charged-in-jenkins-murder

Oh my lord, this chick is one sick and sadistic 'thing.' Look at her smirk in court...disgusting! (video at link)

In a police affidavit, detectives quoted several inmates at the South Burlington, Vt. jail housing Patricia Prue. The female inmates' accounts of jailhouse conversations with Prue included claims the suspect bragged about the murder. One inmate claimed Prue laughed after saying, "Awe [sic], poor little miss beauty queen got her face all boo booed but don't worry sweety [sic], there's more to come before this nights [sic] over with."

http://www.necn.com/06/26/12/Couple...ng_newengland.html?blockID=731182&feedID=4206

Those shots are truly sickening-- like she is loving the attention.

I have not read the actual affidavit but heard from those who have that it's horrific and you'd probably be better off just to pass.

I do, however, have to question the veracity of Patricia's supposed comments about Ty. Something about it just doesn't ring true. That doesn't mean these two sickos have redeeming qualities-- I just feel like if it had even entered their minds to kill him, they would have. I think they were completely focused on their target and he was an afterthought. Perhaps as an afterthought, though, she is sick enough to brag about potentially killing a child in order to continue to rationalize the crime and add to the attention she's getting from it. Whatever the reason, the bright spot in all this is that he survived.

I also can't imagine that the car was the scene of the entire assault. Where would they have done it-- right there in the road? In the back of her car right next to his car seat? I don't think there would be room for all that. Again, I haven't read the affidavit and I'm not sure I want to, but it seems likely they took her somewhere else and then committed most of the sexual assault and killed her.

Ty witnessed at least part of the attack, that's clear. And I don't care what anyone says about him being so young that he won't remember an of it; emotional memory goes back further than one's ability to retrieve actual events and can still have a major impact. Witnessing part of the attack plus having his mommy never return could also affect his brain development. Thankfully, it sounds like Melissa gave him a secure attachment and perhaps that can help him overcome such a tragedy and go on to live as normal a life as possible. But of course, he will be forever affected by the loss of his mother.

It's also telling that PP faces more time than AP if both are convicted of the current charges. Seems like investigators think she was the instigator too. But I would watch for her lawyers (when this eventually goes to trial, which probably won't be for quite some time) to point the finger at Allen to try to get her off easier.

OMG... those of you who think PP was the ringleader may be right. She looked so "flat" in her photos right after her arrest that I completely believed that she was deeply depressed and "pliable" in her husband's hands... boy, was I wrong. What a disgusting human being she is.

Poor Melissa... brutally murdered "for fun" over perceived slights and schoolgirl jealousy. I can't imagine how scared and confused she must've felt. :(

Hi there I'm not new but this is my first time posting. This horrible tragedy happened in my hometown. MJ was a co worker of my husbands and he knew her for at least 11 yrs. This is such a horrible crime and like you I feel deeply for Ty. MJ was such a sweet person. She actually talked with me about working at the school she taught at and gave many of Ty's old toys to us for our little boy. Just a genuinely nice and decent person. I have absolutely nothing decent to say about AP and PP. Danville is a small town and word gets around very fast. I've heard from others that the new affidavit is VERY disturbing and that some couldn't even finish reading it. From what I heard the worst part is what they discovered in PP's note. Not that I actually would want to read it but I don't know when/if the affidavit will be released to the public. Not sure if all affidavits are automatically released or just some. Anyways, thanks to everyone for keeping MJ and her baby boy in your thoughts!

I've had the opportunity to read it but so far have decided to pass. I never met Melissa but might have had she lived, but I just don't know if I want all the nasty details in my head. I can't help but feel even more disgusted by PP at this point. Her whole demeanor in this latest court appearance was despicable. Her lawyers ought to advise her to try not to look so gloating in court. I just hope the female prisoners she's reportedly bragging to get together and knock her down a few pegs. She looks like she doesn't have the slightest care about the impact of what she's done, and it sounds like she is going to the opposite extreme of remorse in order to be able to be able to stand being in her own skin.

welcome to websleuths snhannis (and I am very sorry for your loss :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back