GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ST. JOHNSBURY — The couple accused of killing Melissa Jenkins could face charges harsher than second-degree murder pending the outcome of an ongoing police investigation, Caledonia County’s top prosecutor says.

Asked whether she might upgrade the second-degree-murder charges levied against Allen and Patricia Prue on Wednesday, State’s Attorney Lisa Warren said, “At this point, the investigation is ongoing. One never knows what might come up.”

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...rges-possible-against-Jenkins-murder-suspects

Seems to me that they are charging them with the minimum they need to hold them until they get all their ducks in a row and decide whether to charge them federally or not. JMO

They definitely seem like they've done this before. Lots of planning. Careful enough to use a condom, thinking that would somehow prevent DNA transfer - but too dumb to clean up the scene. Use of bleach, not just dumping of the body. These are dumb people who think they're geniuses. Able somehow to convince other people that they seem normal enough to employ but with a secret home life that's not too healthy. I think other victims need to be looked for.

I think that perhaps AP's phone was at home and that first phone call was to determine were Mom and sister were, if maybe the trailer was available. I didn't read that they had both phones on them, only that there was a call but I could have missed that point.

What cool customers. Go right to the newspaper place and load the papers right where Melissa had just been.

I fervently hope this doesn't go the way of Michael Jacques. :(

Thanks. I wish someone with loose lips would reveal what her stated disability is that merits support payments. Is it possible her diabetes could be serious enough for that?

Unlikely, but the combination of her psychiatric and joint disorders could be.

I really think that she is an instigator here. Remember his former boss said he did great until 6 mos ago when he got married. I find it quite the coincidence that she was always seen with him when he picked up his papers. I surmise from that she had to be with him all the time. If I remember correctly her ex said she was fine in their marriage till he took a trip somewhere without her.

I really think it was all about control for her and I don't think for one minute she was bullied into this.She was jealous of Melissa and looking at her dead eyes I suspect she was very instrumental in however they killed Melissa.

The affidavit says the pattern was 1/8th of an inch. I'm thinking it might be the sole of a shoe.

There's so many thoughts running through my head about this case. I'm so sick of things like this happening.

Melissa, I am so sorry for what you went through, and that this trash did what they did and left your son to grow up without his mommy. I hope you are at peace.

I hate to say this, and I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it (haven't finished reading the entire thread), but I have a heavy meat mallet that is flat on one side and has a grid pattern on the other (for tenderizing, I guess). The squares are between 1/8 and 1/4 inch. This sickens me.

I hate to say this, and I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it (haven't finished reading the entire thread), but I have a heavy meat mallet that is flat on one side and has a grid pattern on the other (for tenderizing, I guess). The squares are between 1/8 and 1/4 inch. This sickens me.

A meat tenderizer is the first (and only) thing that popped into my mind. That is too horrible to think about.

"Let's go get a girl." Oh, yeah, and made a beeline for Melissa's house. Melissa had already rejected this pud, so why go for her? More importantly, she knew who they were, and she would have to die. They (or he) had to know that she was not interested in him, and whatever they planned they would be in dire trouble, and only one thing they could do is kill her to protect their lard-a@@e@. . They knew that before hand. Those vermin didn't beat her (or anything else they might have done to her) after they strangled her, that doesn't make any sense.

Why is it that low-life cretins like that go after people who have meaningful and rewarding lives? I'm making that assumption about Melissa because we haven't heard one bad word about her. Well, I haven't, anyway.

My opinions here.

They definitely seem like they've done this before. Lots of planning. Careful enough to use a condom, thinking that would somehow prevent DNA transfer - but too dumb to clean up the scene. Use of bleach, not just dumping of the body. These are dumb people who think they're geniuses. Able somehow to convince other people that they seem normal enough to employ but with a secret home life that's not too healthy. I think other victims need to be looked for.

BBM: The scary thing is, despite their bumbling, they may never have been caught if Melissa hadn't let someone know where she was going and who she was going to meet.

I get the feeling they've done this before too, or at least, AP has. The phrase "get a girl" makes my blood run cold.

As far as AP 'changing' after PP showed up, well, has he ever been married or had a steady girlfriend before? The things I read say he was born and grew up right there in that town and perhaps that trailer. I wonder if suddenly having a partner caused him to become more bold and determined to carry out certain ideas he might have been having rather than PP actually changing him or proving to be some criminal mastermind.

Robert Ailes, owner of Bob Ailes Roofing in St. Johnsbury, was Allen Prue's employer for the last seven years. On Wednesday morning, Ailes commented, "Hopefully, we'll get some answers, because it's very concerning."

For the first six and a half years or so, Prue was a good employee who was never a problem, said Ailes. He said Prue never demonstrated violent or aggressive behavior toward Ailes, but things changed recently. According to Ailes, after Prue married Patricia in the summer of 2011, Allen changed.

BBM: I may be in the minority here, but my gut reaction upon reading this was that he changed after they married because she was cramping his style. They met on the internet and lived in different states while they were "dating", but he didn't change until they married and she moved in with him. I think he grew angry and frustrated having her around 24/7. I get the feeling he may have "gotten a girl" before, and felt like he couldn't "hunt" anymore. JMO, of course.

I'm not saying PP is innocent in this because she most definitely is not. She was a full-fledged participant IMO. I'm just not sure who the instigator is yet. I'm leaning towards AP, but wouldn't be surprised if it was proven to be PP. What a repugnant pair of humans. :sick:

As far as AP 'changing' after PP showed up, well, has he ever been married or had a steady girlfriend before? The things I read say he was born and grew up right there in that town and perhaps that trailer. I wonder if suddenly having a partner caused him to become more bold and determined to carry out certain ideas he might have been having rather than PP actually changing him or proving to be some criminal mastermind.

We were posting at the same time. :) I definitely think him "changing" has something to do with him suddenly having a wife after a lifetime of living on the family "compound".

ETA: Either he was emboldened by PP and decided to carry something like this out for the first time, or, he roped her into doing something with him that he had done before they met. JMO.

I have to catch up on this thread and maybe this was posted, but on the news the other night they were interviewing people and they seemed shocked that "someone would accuse such nice people of being involved in this."

BBM: I may be in the minority here, but my gut reaction upon reading this was that he changed after they married because she was cramping his style. They met on the internet and lived in different states while they were "dating", but he didn't change until they married and she moved in with him. I think he grew angry and frustrated having her around 24/7. I get the feeling he may have "gotten a girl" before, and felt like he couldn't "hunt" anymore. JMO, of course.

I'm not saying PP is innocent in this because she most definitely is not. She was a full-fledged participant IMO. I'm just not sure who the instigator is yet. I'm leaning towards AP, but wouldn't be surprised if it was proven to be PP. What a repugnant pair of humans. :sick:

Or being trapped in that trailer with his mother and sister, now that he is married and has a wife, was cramping his style. I think they were out riding around that Sunday for some alone time and hatched this plan while partaking of such. Maybe fantasizing about how it would be when they had their own place.

She completely denies everything and doesn't look physically able to carry it out to me, he flips as soon as they apply some heat and throws her under the bus to boot. I can't decide which way to read that.....

I have read an article which states a Stun Gun may have been used, and that may have made the 1/8" checkered pattern, also they recovered a Stun Gun storage box at the trailer.

I have read an article which states a Stun Gun may have been used, and that may have made the 1/8" checkered pattern, also they recovered a Stun Gun storage box at the trailer.

I haven't read that article, but I would like to. Do you have a link?

Thanks in advance.

nevermind. thanks surfietx.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485