Found Deceased VT - Roberta Martin, 82, neigh went to check on her and didn't find her at home, suspicious, Enosburgh, Franklin County, 16 Jul 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is odd for DM to have so many FB accounts, and I can't make sense of why he has so many. It's not like each one is for a different "side" of him, or to communicate with different people. It's not at all organized like 'one for school, one for family, one for role-playing games, one for work,' or anything like that. He does not seem at all devious, crafty, intelligent, or calculating.

It's possible that he clutters up ten different public accounts with junk to hide talk of criminal matters in other accounts that he keeps locked down, who knows... But it seems to me that he just hops from one account to the next in a chaotic way. Sometimes he seems to get blocked by an ex and then creates a new account to publicly send messages to her. At least once, he apparently started a new account because he couldn't remember his previous username or password.

He doesn't seem to have much self-insight or a filter. He blathers on all kinds of personal stuff most people would be embarrassed to be saying publicly. In fact, when he was being held on lewd and lascivious conduct charges, and we were waiting to see if the murder charge would follow, I had a tiny bit of doubt because it seemed unlikely to me that he could manage to keep his mouth shut on FB if he'd committed a murder. He can't seem to think a thought, eat a meal, or have a conversation without posting about it on FB! He can't help telling on himself. And then he sort of did, finally, posting a not-so-cryptic post about how he was going to unalive himself so the police couldn't frame him. Obviously, he didn't follow through, because he's in custody.

lots of people that age have many accounts (just based on following cases here and looking up FB acc'ts)
most of the time there's no rhyme or reason
except forgetting passwords ...

If anyone could find the documents themselves, that would be fantastic.

Hoping one of the news stations uploads the docs. Or someone local.

"Anonymous public users and members of the general public can view case summaries for Civil Division and Judicial Bureau cases remotely. Document viewing and access to all other public case types (criminal, family, probate and others) is available to the general public only at courthouse public access terminals."

Re: the multiple Facebook accounts- I have a family member who’s almost constantly involved in conflict with others. They will swear off Facebook due to online conflict, only to return later with a new profile under a different name. Most recently, they’ve taken over one of our deceased relatives’ accounts and kept it under the relative’s name.

As I’ve worked with people who have diagnosed personality disorders and significant emotional disabilities- some who’ve friended me a decade later on FB, I’ve noticed the same pattern among that population. MOO.

What an absolute piece of garbage he is - from the article linked by Warwick 1991 above he "almost killed a dog by strangling it." That's all I need to know. Poor Roberta having lived her life as a peaceful person and contributing to the country and then this scum comes along. I hope that he gets whatever the maximum available punishment in Vermont is.

From your quote:
"He was also ordered not to have any contact with his partner, who is the mother of his children pending the bail review hearing."

Asking the general WS group: Is that a usual thing to be stipulated?
Yes, the no contact order is not unusual and in some states, typically includes the subject's minor children. In this case, it appears the partner is also a witness (along with her sister and grandmother).

Last edited:
If anyone could find the documents themselves, that would be fantastic.
Maybe next week the AA will surface:

The Vermont State Police worked closely throughout this investigation with the Franklin County State’s Attorney’s Office, which will handle Martell’s prosecution.

No additional information is currently available. The affidavit of probable cause will be filed with the court and made public following Martell’s arraignment. Members of the media should contact the court clerk’s office to confirm details of the hearing.

7/26/24-- VSP arrests man on charge of aggravated murder in the killing of Roberta Martin | Vermont Business Magazine

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back