WA WA - Alana Carroll, 33, from Battleground WA, last seen Vancouver, WA, 1 August 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Alana. I never met her, but she is on my mind. I mention her and show her photos when I do some volunteer stuff for those in the life. Some say they recognize her but haven't seen her in a long time. Anything I can do to get people talking, especially in the circles she vanished from

I never met you Alana, but you are in my heart and on my mind every day.

Here is the latest article posted about Alana. It's terribly done and I'm embarrassed for them. They got some information about a suspect and ran with it. Disgusting in my opinion.

Here is the latest article posted about Alana. It's terribly done and I'm embarrassed for them. They got some information about a suspect and ran with it. Disgusting in my opinion.

It is an absolute crap article. They are really showing just how little they care.

We have another missing woman in the life as well. I have seen her family posting looking for her on Facebook, but, once again, VPD/Sherrif refused to take a missing person report for 5 months. Her family as well have been desp[eratly looking for her. She was last seen at one of the same places Alana was last seen. (Near the HUD housing by the mall/barnes and noble area)

Please delete if I cross a line. This article states there is a man named Luke A. Grant incarcerated for improper disposal of human remains that the newspaper is tentivly naming as the POI. It is all in the article

Again delete if I cross a line.
May Alana's loved ones find her and know peace. This one hurts. She could easily be my child. Looking at both her FB and the suspects, I know far too many of the same people, and every single one of them needs help and are in the life. I could just cry

ETA he is not in our local jail though the articlestates he is. Hopefully @Shimona will be bale to give us more info if she can. Thinking of Alana today and hope she is able to be laid to rest.

Missing Clark County woman now presumed dead, investigators have identified a suspect

Last edited:
Please delete if I cross a line. This article states there is a man named Luke A. Grant incarcerated for improper disposal of human remains that the newspaper is tentivly naming as the POI. It is all in the article

Again delete if I cross a line.
May Alana's loved ones find her and know peace. This one hurts. She could easily be my child. Looking at both her FB and the suspects, I know far too many of the same people, and every single one of them needs help and are in the life. I could just cry

ETA he is not in our local jail though the articlestates he is. Hopefully @Shimona will be bale to give us more info if she can. Thinking of Alana today and hope she is able to be laid to rest.

Missing Clark County woman now presumed dead, investigators have identified a suspect
Going to correct myself, he is not charged with that. The news article has removed that sentence.
Apparently he told allegedly told someone he did drugs with Alana and when he woke up, she had passed. And that he dumped her.
He wasn't on the roster earlier, but he is now. Looks to me like they have been building a much larger case. Perhaps Alana's death will lead to other lives being saved.

It is an absolute crap article. They are really showing just how little they care.

We have another missing woman in the life as well. I have seen her family posting looking for her on Facebook, but, once again, VPD/Sherrif refused to take a missing person report for 5 months. Her family as well have been desp[eratly looking for her. She was last seen at one of the same places Alana was last seen. (Near the HUD housing by the mall/barnes and noble area)

At least they are posting notice about it. That's a start. I would always recommend doing as much as you can to prove she's genuinely missing against her will. See if they can find out if she's accessing social media, bank accounts etc. Anything the family can do to prove they are completely out of touch is a step toward getting a detective assigned.

I wanted to share with everyone that my mother and I were asked for an interview about Alana by KPTV Fox News. I think we did a decent job. Those floodlights didn't do us ladies any favors but it was about Alana not us. If we've put a real person to her name, we have succeeded in our efforts. Feel free to watch it at one of the news hours this evening and probably later on their website. Share it if you feel moved. Thanks!

I wanted to share with everyone that my mother and I were asked for an interview about Alana by KPTV Fox News. I think we did a decent job. Those floodlights didn't do us ladies any favors but it was about Alana not us. If we've put a real person to her name, we have succeeded in our efforts. Feel free to watch it at one of the news hours this evening and probably later on their website. Share it if you feel moved. Thanks!
You did great. Ya'll made me tear up

Here's the link to the video.

We got another request yesterday from KGW. It's very stressful to be on camera even if they make it easy. It's so abrupt as they are in a hurry and have deadlines. We are so grateful it appears her story has gone nationwide. We thanks God for that and pray we are fortunate enough to bring her home. Here is the link Vancouver mother missing for 11 months believed to be dead

Going to correct myself, he is not charged with that. The news article has removed that sentence.
Apparently he told allegedly told someone he did drugs with Alana and when he woke up, she had passed. And that he dumped her.
He wasn't on the roster earlier, but he is now. Looks to me like they have been building a much larger case. Perhaps Alana's death will lead to other lives being saved.
I didn't see this earlier. Luke was arrested with a group of people who were committing burglary. There were at least 4 or 5 other people involved. I don't know that he specifically mentioned Alana by name or not. I had an update yesterday which was Alana's birthday. You get the good with the bad. I only wish it was something I could share. We did get a tip and we are trying to follow up on it but it's taking time. Hopefully it bears fruit but we won't know until it's been investigated. Hopefully the podcast on Alana's case is finished in October. I'll post a link so anyone who is interested can listen.

I found this list of charges for Luke Grant. He is a career criminal. Hopefully he goes to jail for a very long time. I checked to see what the potential time is based on the charges if convicted. 10 years per Class B Felony, 5 per C and 1 per each Misdemeanor. There are 15 charges. It comes to a total of 65 years I believe. I hope he gets the max.

Attachments

• Luke Grant Charges.jpg
    Luke Grant Charges.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2
I didn't see this earlier. Luke was arrested with a group of people who were committing burglary. There were at least 4 or 5 other people involved. I don't know that he specifically mentioned Alana by name or not. I had an update yesterday which was Alana's birthday. You get the good with the bad. I only wish it was something I could share. We did get a tip and we are trying to follow up on it but it's taking time. Hopefully it bears fruit but we won't know until it's been investigated. Hopefully the podcast on Alana's case is finished in October. I'll post a link so anyone who is interested can listen.
It's Ok...we don't need to know the details. What matters is that the authorities are paying attention to Alana now. I am not sure if I have mentioned it on this thread, but I had a loved one missing as well. Could not get anyone to accept the missing persons report. For the last 5 months I drove around the Meridian, Council for homeless, all over by the mall, all the "hot spots", hoping to see him.

But deep down we knew he was gone. He had never gone more than a month and even then, we could see he was active on SM, so we knew he was just ignoring us. We got the call last week, he died in March in Kern County Califonia.
We were not asking for a talk force to find him, we wanted him listed so if he was hurt, in the hospital, jail, or, deceased, the authorities could locate us. This is what they did to Alana too. It needs to change. It really can be a simple thing to just take the darn report

As for Luke, yeah I showed his SM photo to my ex last night he knows exactly who he is. I know all too well about the little rings. People in the life here, are all connected somehow, like a 6 degrees of separation thing.
This just hits too close to home. While I was never an addict or in the life, I did see and witness far too much while trying to help addicts I love. It sounds like you are getting that education too, it's an education I don't wish on anyone.

It's Ok...we don't need to know the details. What matters is that the authorities are paying attention to Alana now. I am not sure if I have mentioned it on this thread, but I had a loved one missing as well. Could not get anyone to accept the missing persons report. For the last 5 months I drove around the Meridian, Council for homeless, all over by the mall, all the "hot spots", hoping to see him.

But deep down we knew he was gone. He had never gone more than a month and even then, we could see he was active on SM, so we knew he was just ignoring us. We got the call last week, he died in March in Kern County Califonia.
We were not asking for a talk force to find him, we wanted him listed so if he was hurt, in the hospital, jail, or, deceased, the authorities could locate us. This is what they did to Alana too. It needs to change. It really can be a simple thing to just take the darn report

As for Luke, yeah I showed his SM photo to my ex last night he knows exactly who he is. I know all too well about the little rings. People in the life here, are all connected somehow, like a 6 degrees of separation thing.
This just hits too close to home. While I was never an addict or in the life, I did see and witness far too much while trying to help addicts I love. It sounds like you are getting that education too, it's an education I don't wish on anyone.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy wondering where they are or if they're okay. We are so grateful all of our persistence paid off in getting her case taken seriously. We have heard too many times how difficult it can be to get law enforcement to understand what the families know all too well. They tend to have habits of contacting off and on but in a pattern which we recognize. When that pattern doesn't follow we begin to worry and then we start looking. What a tragedy this happened to you. I hope that changes and they begin to take this kind of thing as seriously as any other missing person case.

Sadly, my education with drugs and addiction has been a long and painful situation. We lost Alana's brother to an overdose December 15, 2022. Other family members are struggling or trying to get sober. Currently my niece and her boyfriend are out of contact, two months now. No one has seen them so far. I'm contacting everyone to try and find her and her boyfriend. No luck as of yet but several people are asking around. If we don't hear from them we will once again be filing a missing persons report for my only remaining niece. I feel like I'm in hell right now but her mother is gone and someone must fight now for her daughter.

I am with you, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Not knowing is the hardest thing to deal with. Your imagination fills in the blanks and it's a real horror show. It breaks my heart seeing so many people with missing loved ones. I honestly ache for every person lost. I'm crying right now because it's just too much.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy wondering where they are or if they're okay. We are so grateful all of our persistence paid off in getting her case taken seriously. We have heard too many times how difficult it can be to get law enforcement to understand what the families know all too well. They tend to have habits of contacting off and on but in a pattern which we recognize. When that pattern doesn't follow we begin to worry and then we start looking. What a tragedy this happened to you. I hope that changes and they begin to take this kind of thing as seriously as any other missing person case.

Sadly, my education with drugs and addiction has been a long and painful situation. We lost Alana's brother to an overdose December 15, 2022. Other family members are struggling or trying to get sober. Currently my niece and her boyfriend are out of contact, two months now. No one has seen them so far. I'm contacting everyone to try and find her and her boyfriend. No luck as of yet but several people are asking around. If we don't hear from them we will once again be filing a missing persons report for my only remaining niece. I feel like I'm in hell right now but her mother is gone and someone must fight now for her daughter.

I am with you, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Not knowing is the hardest thing to deal with. Your imagination fills in the blanks and it's a real horror show. It breaks my heart seeing so many people with missing loved ones. I honestly ache for every person lost. I'm crying right now because it's just too much.
Thanks. I totally get it. My education began ten years ago when people I loved started to fall, one after another, to meth nd fetty.

Our kids, our friends, spouses, are dying and it really is too much to bear sometimes
Always know Alana and her amazing family are loved.

Thank you. A lot of people would judge me for allowing my ex to come here, shower, and eat. It's all I can offer him that he will accept. He just left. :(

I feel like Alana was a lot like my ex, not willing to bring the drugs and crime home to family, but not wanting to totally leave family, either.

I know first hand how hard it is to love an addict and our city makes it even harder by turning a blind eye. The cops are Ok here. it's the court that needs a total over haul. My own brother in law, also in the life, has been missing for 4 months but they refuse to take a missing person report because he is an addict with warrants. They flat out will not allow us to file.

I hope we can find Alana, and I hope I can find my brother in law too :(
There's nothing wrong with giving help to someone in need. You don't ever want to give up on someone. I didn't with my sister or Alana. That hope was only crushed when they passed away.

The court is a joke and the corruption in profiteering needs to be stopped. I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. I know it's a nightmare trying to find someone that's missing when you can't even get the help you need. I see so many missing people going across my feed. It's truly heartbreaking. We have all this money flowing into other countries and we need it to help our own.

September 15, 2024, Alana was reported missing one year ago. She was last seen for certain by her friend about that time. If he only knew it would be the last time. I remember the last moments I spent with her. She asked me to go shopping that day in June. We went looking for some shorts. She was so fragile and it was hard to see her like that. I remember her smoking a cigarette before we left. We drove back to my house and I hugged her and told her "I love you" and goodbye. You know I still have two partially smoked cigarettes she left at my house. I know I should throw them away but I never have. The stupid things you do when you miss someone, right?

It feels like we are no closer to knowing what really happened. One year of unanswered questions. Where is she? What happened? Was she killed or did she overdose accidentally? I have thought a million times, what if we never have the answers? How do you learn to live with it? I'm not there. She's on my mind every single day.

I will keep praying for her to come back to us no matter what that looks like. I will keep praying for all of our lost brothers and sisters. I pray that we are finally able to truly grieve and heal. Maybe one day we can reflect on the past without pain but instead remember Alana as she was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar
Back