GUILTY WA - Ben Eastman, 16, raped and murdered, Lewis County, 23 Jun 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He may have been caught up in this transfer which was short lived after Lawsuit and order to return inmates:

7/12/24

Roughly five years ago, the state made changes to it’s juvenile rehabilitation programs that allowed young people that committed crimes as children to stay in juvenile facilities up until they turn 25-years-old. Each of the inmates transferred were males, over the age of 21 who had sentences that would have eventually led them to be moved into DOC facilities by age 25.

7/19/24

A judge has issued a preliminary ruling that requires the state to move 43 inmates back to juvenile detention facilities within 14 calendar days.

The Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF), which is in the middle of a population crisis, made the move late last week in an attempt to empty beds at their juvenile facility in Lewis County that was 30% over capacity.

Since BM's last Motions hearing was 16 months ago and no entries since April 2023- I don't think we will see him on the portal. I did find some random appellate issues that identify him as the petitioner.

Court of Appeals Division II
Oral Argument Calendar​

Date: Monday, January 24, 2022
Panel: Rebecca Glasgow, Bernard Veljacic, Erik Price

2:00 PM

No Oral Argument
55229-9
Lewis County Superior Court 18-1-00498-0
State of Washington, Respondent v Benito S. Marquez, Appellant

Litigants:Attorneys of Record:
Benito S. Marquez (Appellant)Jennifer M Winkler
Nielsen Koch PLLC