GUILTY WA - Boy "ND" 5, kidnapped by foster mother Amanda Dinges 35, Mount Vernon, 21 Nov 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well surely if she was really moving to a new job, wouldn’t she have to provide her Ss number to her employer? (As well as her full legal name.) Wouldn’t that be traceable somehow? Or was the “moving across the state for a new job” just a ruse to get the teenage witness away so they didn’t know where she was going?

I don’t get the impression she would intentionally hurt ND. But she already is hurting him by hiding him - this a child that will miss his mother, a child not in school, a child possibly not playing outside or in parks for her fear of being seen, a child at risk of medical neglect. He needs to he found and soon.
I agree she is hurting him by hiding him. Also what about the teenager who was in her house that she asked to have removed? That had to be upsetting to the teenager, I would think. I don’t know, personally I get a bad feeling about this. If she can just make a snap decision to remove one kid, why should I think she would try to protect the other? Jmo

DEC 5, 2022
www.king5.com

Second suspect sought in alleged kidnapping of Mount Vernon boy

[...]

Police initially issued an arrest warrant for 35-year-old Amanda M. Dinges after Child Protective Services (CPS) reported Dinges potentially kidnapped a child placed in her care. On Monday, police issued an arrest warrant for Dinges' mother, 60-year-old Amber Dinges, who they suspect was "complicit" in the kidnapping.

[...]

Here is a Facebook page for Amber Dinges: Log in or sign up to view

It looks like she was (is?) an English teacher at a school in Djibouti, Africa. Having connections in Africa makes me worry Amanda and ND might have left the country.

I see the resemblance. Imagine feeling entitled enough to think "I can just take this child who was entrusted to me temporarily." And then having a mother who shares the same outlandish beliefs. The apple didn't fall far from the tree IMO.
i wonder if things they learned or thought about the bio fam had any bearing. not pointing fingers just speculation

i wonder if things they learned or thought about the bio fam had any bearing. not pointing fingers just speculation
The only odd thing in this scenario would be that she returned her teenage foster child. If she was a kindhearted person who wanted to save a child, it's difficult to imagine she could easily dump another child in need.

The only odd thing in this scenario would be that she returned her teenage foster child. If she was a kindhearted person who wanted to save a child, it's difficult to imagine she could easily dump another child in need.
She probably thought the younger one needed her more and/or would also be more compliant in their “new life”.

Guessing, she feels a bond with the little vested cutie, but did not form an emotional bond with the teenager.

Praying that any such bond protects ND!

It's possible and likely that she feels ND shouldn't be back with his bio family. I'm sure quite a few kidnappers have justified their actions by telling themselves the child is better off with them. She will be of no use to ND when she's in prison. It was not her place to kidnap that precious boy and uproot his life AGAIN. No matter the excuse. No foster parent should ever feel they have the right to do that. MOO

It’s hard to know what’s really going on, as she’s not making good decisions, imo. But if she really did have a new job lined up far away, she would not be allowed to take either child with her. So the relinquishment of the teen would have happened even if she hadn’t ran off with the little guy.

It's possible and likely that she feels ND shouldn't be back with his bio family. I'm sure quite a few kidnappers have justified their actions by telling themselves the child is better off with them. She will be of no use to ND when she's in prison. It was not her place to kidnap that precious boy and uproot his life AGAIN. No matter the excuse. No foster parent should ever feel they have the right to do that. MOO
i do agree and it was just a thought. i know WA has returned kids who disappeared and maybe she was sensitive to that. but it def was not her place.

Updated: 4:14 PM PST December 6, 2022

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. — Mount Vernon police are now searching for a second suspect in the alleged kidnapping of a 5-year-old foster child.

Police initially issued an arrest warrant for 35-year-old Amanda M. Dinges after Child Protective Services (CPS) reported Dinges potentially kidnapped a child placed in her care. On Monday, police issued an arrest warrant for Dinges' mother, 60-year-old Amber Dinges, who they suspect was "complicit" in the kidnapping.

(..)

Police believe Amanda Dinges and her mother Amber Dinges kidnapped Amanda's foster child to Vietnam.

Published: 11:34 AM PST December 16, 2022
Updated: 11:40 AM PST December 16, 2022

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. — A 5-year-old Mount Vernon boy who was believed to be kidnapped by his foster parent was found in Vietnam with the woman and her mother.

The boy, identified as “ND,” arrived back in Seattle on Friday morning, accompanied by FBI agents and victims’ advocates. The boy reunited with his biological mother after he arrived.

Police say the boy’s foster parent, Amanda Dinges, 35, and her mother, Amber Dinges, 60, kidnapped the boy. Police said now that ND has been found, their focus will be the arrest and extradition of the two women, who are not in custody. Mount Vernon police believe they are in Vietnam, but say international recognition of warrants and extradition is “a complicated process.”

(..)

Police believe Amanda Dinges and her mother Amber Dinges kidnapped Amanda's foster child to Vietnam.

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. — A 5-year-old Mount Vernon boy who was believed to be kidnapped by his foster parent was found in Vietnam with the woman and her mother.

The boy, identified as “ND,” arrived back in Seattle on Friday morning, accompanied by FBI agents and victims’ advocates. The boy reunited with his biological mother after he arrived.

Police say the boy’s foster parent, Amanda Dinges, 35, and her mother, Amber Dinges, 60, kidnapped the boy. Police said now that ND has been found, their focus will be the arrest and extradition of the two women, who are not in custody. Mount Vernon police believe they are in Vietnam, but say international recognition of warrants and extradition is “a complicated process.”

(..)
Wow! At the outset, I would not have thought this would be an international manhunt! It's also super confusing how they say the boy was found "with the woman and her mother", by which I presume they mean the kidnappers. But then later in the article, it states that the kidnappers are not in custody and authorities "believe" they're in Vietnam. Hmm.

Wow! At the outset, I would not have thought this would be an international manhunt! It's also super confusing how they say the boy was found "with the woman and her mother", by which I presume they mean the kidnappers. But then later in the article, it states that the kidnappers are not in custody and authorities "believe" they're in Vietnam. Hmm.
I am guessing they have the authority to immediately take custody of the child, but there are complications with arresting and extraditing the women.

I am guessing they have the authority to immediately take custody of the child, but there are complications with arresting and extraditing the women.

I agree, although on first read it does sound strange that ND was picked up in Vietnam yet the article says the authorities "believe" Amanda and Amber are in Vietnam. It almost sounds like ND was alone in Vietnam, but I doubt that was the case.

I wonder how they tracked ND to Vietnam and what Amanda and Amber's long term plan there was. Bizarre.

I'm glad ND is back home safely now. I hope he gets the care and support he needs.

(..)
Noting:

Through interviews and data collected in 25 search warrants, Mount Vernon police said they determined the boy and the Dingeses were in Thai Binh, Vietnam, which is about 70 miles southeast of Hanoi.

Diplomatic Service Security personnel took custody of the boy at the United States Consulate in Hanoi on Wednesday at 11:30 p.m. The boy then flew to Tokyo where he was met by the FBI and advocates on Thursday.

ETA Press Release:

Noting:

Through interviews and data collected in 25 search warrants, Mount Vernon police said they determined the boy and the Dingeses were in Thai Binh, Vietnam, which is about 70 miles southeast of Hanoi.

Diplomatic Service Security personnel took custody of the boy at the United States Consulate in Hanoi on Wednesday at 11:30 p.m. The boy then flew to Tokyo where he was met by the FBI and advocates on Thursday.

ETA Press Release:

My goodness, what an ordeal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95