Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to come up with feasible reasons that CD would park in the overflow lot. Here are the facts that I've gleaned from the articles and the family presser.

Facts
CD forgot her work badge at home
CD texted with her friend to go on without her
Friend texted saying she would wait and asked how long
CD responded 10 minutes via text
Friend unable to reach CD by phone thereafter
Per message 60 in this string is appears that CD lives 1.5 miles from the lot where her car was found
Family states zero history of mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse
Family describes CD as responsible (never missed a day of work), accountable, caring and loves her family very much

Based on the description from the family I find it unlikely that Cheryl is voluntarily missing. While I suppose it's "possible" that someone other than CD performed the texting and planted her vehicle in the overflow lot, the most plausible scenario that my mind has come up with is that CD was almost to the meeting point with her friend when she realized that she might not have her work badge. This happens to me more times than I care to admit. I always pull in somewhere and check my purse and pockets before returning home. Perhaps CD pulled into the overflow lot to search her purse for confirmation. She told her friend 10 minutes. Depending on traffic (and assuming that she does live 1.5 miles away from the lot) that is probably how much time she would need to return home get her badge and get back to the park and ride lot. However, before she could leave the lot to return home, something happened. Message 83 up thread indicates that there have been problems at the park in the past but wouldn't address the question any further.

I'm hoping that the police find something on cctv to show what happened and give them leads as to where she can be found. I'm very worried for her and sincerely hope she is found soon - safe and sound.

I've been trying to come up with feasible reasons that CD would park in the overflow lot. Here are the facts that I've gleaned from the articles and the family presser.

Facts
CD forgot her work badge at home
CD texted with her friend to go on without her
Friend texted saying she would wait and asked how long
CD responded 10 minutes via text
Friend unable to reach CD by phone thereafter
Per message 60 in this string is appears that CD lives 1.5 miles from the lot where her car was found
Family states zero history of mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse
Family describes CD as responsible (never missed a day of work), accountable, caring and loves her family very much

Based on the description from the family I find it unlikely that Cheryl is voluntarily missing. While I suppose it's "possible" that someone other than CD performed the texting and planted her vehicle in the overflow lot, the most plausible scenario that my mind has come up with is that CD was almost to the meeting point with her friend when she realized that she might not have her work badge. This happens to me more times than I care to admit. I always pull in somewhere and check my purse and pockets before returning home. Perhaps CD pulled into the overflow lot to search her purse for confirmation. She told her friend 10 minutes. Depending on traffic (and assuming that she does live 1.5 miles away from the lot) that is probably how much time she would need to return home get her badge and get back to the park and ride lot. However, before she could leave the lot to return home, something happened. Message 83 up thread indicates that there have been problems at the park in the past but wouldn't address the question any further.

I'm hoping that the police find something on cctv to show what happened and give them leads as to where she can be found. I'm very worried for her and sincerely hope she is found soon - safe and sound.

I can definitely see this scenario playing out, especially if her route to the park and ride from her hone passes by the overflow lot before she actually gets to the main lot. That would explain why her car was there even though the main lot was not full. Since LE didn't find her purse it makes me think of a robbery/abduction. But I don't think there's been any bank or credit card activity. Wonder if it's typical for her to carry cash?
The other scenario would be that maybe it wasn't CD that texted her friend, and maybe she never got into her car that morning, but somebody parked her car in the less popular overflow lot to avoid being seen or looking suspicious? And maybe now that person is laying low to avoid any possible suspicion being cast on them?
I hope they find this woman...
IMO. MOO. ETC.

BBM
Per the press conference by the family (see message 70 in this string), CD never intended to take the bus. That was an early incorrect statement by the media.

But if she missed her chance to carpool with her friend, she must have planned to catch a bus - assuming she still intended to go to work. The carpool was Plan A, and the bus was Plan B, right? Both plans would have had her drive to the transit center.

Forgive me if I 'm not understanding. I just woke up.

Also, the overflow lot IS (sort of) on the way from her house to the main lot, but it is a little out of the way off the street, and requires that walk through the park or a longer route along the streets if you want to avoid the woods. If she was running late - or even not - it would seem to complicate the morning. Perhaps she chose the overflow if she was assuming the main lot was full, but she would probably know that wouldn't be the case at that time since that is her usual park-and-ride lot.

Something is fishy here.

I have not read the entire thread so let me ask have they searched her home.?

But if she missed her chance to carpool with her friend, she must have planned to catch a bus - assuming she still intended to go to work. The carpool was Plan A, and the bus was Plan B, right? Both plans would have had her drive to the transit center.

Forgive me if I 'm not understanding. I just woke up.

Hmm, if the family are saying she never intended to catch the bus, then the family must have reason to believe that the bus wasn't discussed. It was said the friends last text was to offer to wait for her but the friend had no further response from CD after that.

Msm links still include the part about catching a bus.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

A new search is going to start in about a half hour, according to local news. Friends and family have been out in force, distributing fliers. Overflow lot is near the police station. She used it frequently and walked the wooded path the transit center, family says.

If she did actually text the friend that she forgot her badge, then her badge would be at her home?

If she did actually text the friend that she forgot her badge, then her badge would be at her home?

Among the comments on the Missing Cheryl DeBoer Facebook page, I see a mention about her bus pass, too.

I also found a news article about an assault that took place in the park on Jan 3 - a man walking through got jumped by some apparent transients.

So I assumed that her Badge meant her work badge. Because why would she need a bus pass if she was carpooling with a friend? So does she have a work badge that she needs for security at her work place? Is that at home as well?

This may just be me, but the use of the words grief stricken seems odd. Who used those words? Are they a direct quote from someone? Each one of my kids has been 'missing' for a short time at some point in their lives (hide and seek gone wrong; gone to see a friend but wasn't home and went to a different friend and didn't say where and then forgot the time and I couldn't find her - stuff like that). I was scared. Panicked. Not grieving... To me that seems like something you do when you already know the outcome... I'm not accusing anyone here but I find the choice of words strange.

I thought the same thing when I heard her say Grief Stricken. I thought it was odd as well.
Maybe they are privy to a bit more info than the media knows?
Maybe they feel after several days, the outcome would not be good at all.
But still, when the word Grief is used, in my opinion, is when someone has died.

IMOO.

Work badge and Orca pass (bus) are two separate things. I have read references to both being at home.

She must have planned to take the bus after missing the carpool with her friend. And maybe she carpools in to work but buses home.

If these items were really at home, it is a puzzle. Police say they believe she was near her car when she disappeared. So did she park her car, discover she'd left stuff at home, text her friend, then something happened before she could head back?

Treelights, before reading your post, I too thought of Susan Jacobson.

Very worried for Cheryl :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Susan Jacobson!
Poor woman! I hope she is found. It has been too long.
I am glad that she is thought about by us, though. I won't forget Susan.
Cheryl's case does parallel Susan's in some ways.
Very sad!!

IMOO.

BBM

Per the press conference by the family (see message 70 in this string), CD never intended to take the bus. That was an early incorrect statement by the media.

Thing is, on this link for the City of Mountlake Terrace:

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

"Posted on: February 10, 2016"

(Snipped By Me…)

"...the friend received a text message from DeBoer’s phone stating she forgot her work identification/security badge and that she would instead catch the bus to work."

Unless it is updated or said differently, it is definitely confusing!
IMOO.

Right, she didn't originally intend to take the bus, but maybe didn't want her friend to have to wait. She did have an ORCA pass, so presumably takes it often enough to warrant having one. Her ORCA pass wasn't used, but she could have paid cash. I haven't seen anything that says her work badge and ORCA pass were still at home. Did someone have a link for that?

The comment about the Orca pass being at home is among those on the Missing Facebook page. So it may be incorrect.

I have trouble linking from my phone - I apologize.

Joining this thread ... feeling very worried as everyone else here!

My first guess would be the park/wooded area. I hope it has been searched thoroughly. How large is this park?

Are they gonna search it again today?

Hope she is alright but it really does not sound too good.

Joining this thread ... feeling very worried as everyone else here!

My first guess would be the park/wooded area. I hope it has been searched thoroughly. How large is this park?

Are they gonna search it again today?

Hope she is alright but it really does not sound too good.

The police and K-9 units have searched the park. It is quite wooded and covers about 4 blocks - not huge city blocks; MLT is not a large town. There have been reports of transients and drug users hanging out there - it is wooded enough to be pretty secluded. A man was assaulted there on Jan 3, but I don't know if he was one of those hanging out, or using the shortcut.

The police station and other civic buildings are adjacent to the overflow lot, so it seems either unlikely or incredibly arrogant or reckless to snatch someone right there. I know these things happen, though.

So let me get this straight, she parked her car in a residential area?

"Her car was later found near the Transit Center overflow parking."

http://mltnews.com/search-continues-for-missing-woman/

For some reason I thought there was a specific overflow lot, but this article says near, and the video in this link;

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

"12:13 a.m. PST February 11, 2016"

at 49 seconds the reporter mentions that people will often park on residential streets that are nearby.

Are the residential streets considered the overflow parking lot? Or is there an overflow parking lot in Addition to people parking on the residential streets?

IMOO.

The overflow lot (an actual lot) is adjacent to the civic center complex to the north. It may not be an official overflow lot ;I am not clear on that. This is a small town; the complex is not large, and is in the midst of a residential area. To the south of the lot is the park, which is surrounded on three sides by residential area, and on the fourth (west) side abuts the transit center.

The street itself is mainly residential except for the civic center and a couple of small businesses nearby.

About two blocks from the overflow lot, the street intersects the arterial that leads to the transit center. I can imagine people parking closer to that intersection rather than in the overflow lot; they could then walk to the center on the street and thus avoid the park if they wished.

The overflow lot (an actual lot) is adjacent to the civic center complex to the north. This is a small town; the complex is not large, and is in the midst of a residential area. To the south of the lot is the park, which is surrounded on three sides by residential area, and on the fourth (west) side abuts the transit center.

The street itself is mainly residential except for the civic center and a couple of small businesses nearby.

About two blocks from the overflow lot, the street intersects the arterial that leads to the transit center. I can imagine people parking closer to that intersection rather than in the overflow lot; they could then walk to the center on the street and thus avoid the park if they wished.

And with the article mentioning Near the overflow lot, then is it understood that she parked on a neighborhood street, is that correct? Or near this particular intersection? I see you updated your post a bit..

ETA:

What I am getting at... she did not park in the overflow parking, right?
She parked elsewhere other than an actual overflow parking lot?

I want to get an idea of where her car was actually found and located.
Her husband was said to have found her car.

ETA:

"DeBoer’s husband found her vehicle Monday..." (Snipped By Me)

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rces-into-search-for-mountlake-terrace-woman/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129