Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may not have been ever sitting in the passenger seat. It could have been blood splatter from hitting her as she was sitting in the driver seat. Moo

It's a Subaru Legacy. I think it would be difficult to slide over from the driver's seat across the shift and console to get in the passenger seat. Just something that would draw attention, imo.

I also don't understand why the attacker didn't leave CD in the car where the attack happened. It seems so risky to move a car with a bleeding person around when people are going to work. I don't have any feel for what happened. I am dying for the family. It is horrific enough to lose a loved one but to lose someone in such mysterious circumstances is added torture. If CD was targeted I do not understand why the attack was at a busy time in a presumably busy location during daylight. This makes no sense to me.

Cheryl was not attacked for theft. Her car was not stolen, and a missing phone, clothing, or backpack do not represent theft as motive if the car was not stolen. Cheryl was attacked for another reason: sexual assault being the most likely motive.

Cheryl was injured to disable her. Dru Sjodin was attacked, abducted, injured with a knife, and she bled in the perp's vehicle before being driven to a remote location where she was brutally sexually assaulted and murdered. Clearly neither were able to escape the attacker after the injury.

Leaving the car with the body makes the body so much easier to find. The objective is to delay discovery that something is wrong, and especially to delay discovery of the body - as the body contains evidence. The fact that Cheryl was in water may be to reduce the discovery of evidence. Leaving the car where it should be is the best way to avoid linking the car to the perp's real location (home, work).

She may not have been ever sitting in the passenger seat. It could have been blood splatter from hitting her as she was sitting in the driver seat. Moo

I would expect blood on the driver's side and driver's door if she was on that side. It could be splatter but it seems strange to think it would go across the car to the passenger door and not show up on the driver's side.

Cheryl was not attacked for theft. Her car was not stolen, and a missing phone, clothing, or backpack do not represent theft as motive if the car was not stolen. Cheryl was attacked for another reason: sexual assault being the most likely motive.

Cheryl was injured to disable her. Dru Sjodin was attacked, abducted, injured with a knife, and she bled in the perp's vehicle before being driven to a remote location where she was brutally sexually assaulted and murdered. Clearly neither were able to escape the attacker after the injury.

Leaving the car with the body makes the body so much easier to find. The objective is to delay discovery that something is wrong, and especially to delay discovery of the body - as the body contains evidence. The fact that Cheryl was in water may be to reduce the discovery of evidence. Leaving the car where it should be is the best way to avoid linking the car to the perp's real location (home, work).

Why the delay in the cause of death?

Trying to get my head around the details.
Is it possible the perp was not necessarily targeting Cheryl but had broken into the white car in the early hours and was lying in wait to force someone (anyone) to an ATM at knife/gun point?

I also don't understand why the attacker didn't leave CD in the car where the attack happened. It seems so risky to move a car with a bleeding person around when people are going to work. I don't have any feel for what happened. I am dying for the family. It is horrific enough to lose a loved one but to lose someone in such mysterious circumstances is added torture. If CD was targeted I do not understand why the attack was at a busy time in a presumably busy location during daylight. This makes no sense to me.

Just thinking the exact same thing. Why not leave her in the car right there? Why transport her to a secondary location? None of this makes a bit of sense.

Trying to get my head around the details.
Is it possible the perp was not necessarily targeting Cheryl but had broken into the white car in the early hours and was lying in wait to force someone (anyone) to an ATM at knife/gun point?
I believe they would have seen that on the video surveillance from her home security camera.

I am trying to understand how there is no threat to the public? How do they know it won't happen again?

And blood on the passenger side. Was there multiple wounds and they don't know which caused her death? Poor lady. Stabbing, strangulation, ??

Hugs!
I bet reading all of this about Cheryl and you being in your car locked out of the house is freaking you out! It would freak me out, but that's kind of like watching a scary movie and you hear a noise in your house.
I hope your fiance comes home quick for your peace of mind. :)
You got us to keep you company in the meantime.
Totally! I'm inside safely now. 😊 I was thinking... My car is in the shop, so I happen to be driving my fiancé's car (he has a motorcycle). So I had a different set of keys, which I forgot at work. Sounds a bit like Cheryl's "different" kind of Monday. I just wish she had been lucky, too. :(

Wild, wild speculation, but I do wonder if the text messages to the colleague were actually sent by Cheryl. I mean, it's a good alibi, and an excuse for a car being seen at the lot for a while that morning...

I would expect blood on the driver's side and driver's door if she was on that side. It could be splatter but it seems strange to think it would go across the car to the passenger door and not show up on the driver's side.

If a stranger opens the passenger door, it's still easy for the driver to take off. If a stranger opens the driver's door, there could be a lot of interference with driving away - and the perp knows that. Additionally, it's possible that Cheryl opened her driver's side door to get out of the car at the same time that she discovered that she'd forgotten her badge. It's unlikely that she thought to lock the door before texting her friend, and it's possible that the passenger side door was locked.

I would like to know the Subaru's location when the final texts were sent. The attacker would have had to get the car from that location to some point on Lyon Creek and then get it to the spot where it was found. There is a chance LE will find the car on later surveillance video.

And how did the perpetrator get CD from the driver's seat to the passenger seat without drawing attention ? This is so frightening and confusing.
I'm guessing they got in and brandished a weapon.

Just for clarity, but does home surveillance actually show Cheryl herself leaving the home after hubby, or Cheryl's car leaving?

Why the delay in the cause of death?

Hard to say. It seems that she was injured, most likely with a knife. She was found in water. Perhaps there's a question of whether she bled to death, died of internal injuries, or drowned.

I am trying to understand how there is no threat to the public? How do they know it won't happen again?

And blood on the passenger side. Was there multiple wounds and they don't know which caused her death? Poor lady. Stabbing, strangulation, ??

When asked what the public should know in regards to DeBoer’s disappearance and death, Pickard said: “We ask the public to be conscious of their surroundings,” he said. “Watch where you walk; walk with a purpose … Please be careful.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...e-police-return-to-site-where-body-was-found/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55