Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant make heads nor tails of this????

Me, neither.

A. She was injured and forced into another vehicle with fellow commuters and other traffic all around.

B. Someone took her in her own car, then returned it - after disposing of her in another location which is also in plain sight with plenty of traffic going by during the day.

C. She was taken and hidden, the car returned (WHY? And how would there have still been a parking space available by then; the street fills up on a week day), then she was taken to the culvert under cover of darkness (presumably).

A and B seem difficult to accomplish, and C seems ridiculously complicated.

Motive? Perhaps she had cash or carried a laptop. I wouldn't be surprised that her credit cards haven't been used. By the time the perp dealt with the aftermath of this crime, the cards would likely have been flagged as stolen.

ETA: I can certainly picture a mugging or robbery, and it's true that drug-related crime is up around here. But if it was robbery, why did it morph into what seems to be a very risky and complicated murder? I can't grasp it.

My guess now is going to be the one that seemed least likely earlier - stranger attack. Given the increase in drug-related crimes here, I'm going to guess it was someone on drugs or doing something stupid for drug money. I live in a neighboring city that's exceptionally safe, and we've been hit by multiple crimes in the last year alone (after 30 years of never having issues). One of the last hit us and neighbors between 6 and 7 and the responding officer said that time in the morning was common for them to be out and about. We went from leaving cars unlocked, sliders open in summer, etc. to having a full security system with cameras surrounding the whole house installed and our neighbors did as well. And, again, while I'm not in MLT, I imagine MLT has had a similar (or worse) experience over the last two years. I figured they'd be able to piece car movements because so many houses have cameras now. I hope I'm wrong. The only thing that kept me feeling safe was that all the drug crime had really remained property-related. This would change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree, I think it was a stranger attack and had some stupid motive like drugs. The woman worked with cancer patients and I know so many people who knew her and thought she was the nicest. Fred Hutch saved my grandpa's life and everyone has so much respect for that facility and its staff. What kind of enemies would a woman like this have? And her money was missing, right? Ugh she reminds me of my mom so much... It's so unsettling, poor innocent woman.

I went to MTHS and currently live in Bothell, and I definitely get more of a "drugs" vibe in MLT. Also lots more young people living there. Not that there's anything wrong with young people (I'm one lol) but you know....

So all this stuff, to me, just points to a total loose cannon running the streets who will do anything for money. Scary...

I've just managed to catch up on the thread and was struggling to know what to say, given the new information. You've expressed it perfectly!
I'll add that I'm clueless. But my imagination is starting to run riot.

I hear you????

Just thinking ... since LE seemingly doesn't have their eye on one specific person they must be looking for a possible motive or connections on her home and work computers? Yet we did not hear that items were removed from her home or her office. Or would they not do that with the victim's property?

Is this the same car Cheryl had? I notice it has automatic seat belts, that could change things a bit as to the door opening and being pushed from the drivers side to the passenger side.

JMO

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rces-into-search-for-mountlake-terrace-woman/

View attachment 89250
Exterior

View attachment 89251
Interior

View attachment 89252
Rear Seat

View attachment 89253
Drivers console

View attachment 89254
Rear cargo area

I ran a search this morning to find out what the interior of a 1988 Subaru Legacy would look like. All that came up was the interior of a 1992 Subaru Legacy........close enough.

This is not Cheryl's car or the one being searched by the police, this is a similar model placed in a classified auto ad completely unrelated to this case. Use caution not to represent these pictures as crime scene photo's, otherwise we'll open up a can of worms that we'll never get the lid back on.

respectfully snipped for focus

Your last paragraph made me think, maybe she dropped her phone at that moment when he was attacked and it fell in some kind of drainage or gutter? Which would explain that it's not pinging and not been found. Is there a drainage or gutter or something where she parked?

Good idea!

I don't see any sort of gutter or drainage in the street photo... I looked up a few other photos of nearby streets and don't see anything on those, either.

But if it was raining and had been for a while, there could have been enough water at the curb to fry a dropped phone.

Just thinking ... since LE seemingly doesn't have their eye on one specific person they must be looking for a possible motive or connections on her home and work computers? Yet we did not hear that items were removed from her home or her office. Or would they not do that with the victim's property?

I am sure they would and have. Looking to see if there is anything to provide a clue. They are so tight lipped and facts are coming out in dribbles. Hard to figure this out. IMO

It's too bad she wasn't actually talking on the phone with her friend instead of texting, the mystery about what transpired next might be greatly clarified.

I suspect her head being down texting while her door was propped open is probably the tiny window of opportunity this guy needed to get the jump on her. She may have also gotten out of her car earlier while attempting to search for the badge under the seat, wedged down in the console, or hidden under items on the passenger side. Most likely she was accosted while her attention was focused elsewhere.

This sounds almost like a deliberate kidnapping.........but for what possible reason ?

Only two possible scenarios are now available to us, and the cops already know the answer.

A) Was she assaulted in her car and then moved in her own vehicle ?

B) Was she assaulted in her car and then transferred into another vehicle ?

The cops may very well have an eye witness to what happened in that parking zone, but much like everything else so far, they refuse to comment on it or confirm it. The information that came to light during the late evening hours was due to information contained in the search warrant, not because Pickard offered it up.

I can't understand the possible reasoning behind not divulging that her husband left for work prior to her, arrived at work on time, video caught her car driving towards P & R, and hubby passed a polygraph early on. All of these people on social media (and in here) trying to implicate her husband in the disappearance, and yet the cops knew all along he had nothing to do with it. That suspicion could have been cleared up days ago, but they refused to do it.

Just keep in mind that cooperation ain't a two-way street with these guys.

I know! I agree. All these people, like me, having assumptions about who was involved.
When I found out the husband was cleared by polygraph, it made me feel horrible, sick to my stomach, because then I would have zeroed in on another thought process. My mind was stuck on certain things and my mind was pretty much made up. I feel terrible. First off, I feel sad that Cheryl is dead. I feel sad how Cheryl was found.
I also feel for the family, and believe me, if I would have known certain things I definitely would not have had that particular angle. I don't want to implicate an INNOCENT person. That made me feel horrible. But what was offered in MSM and by LE, and not offered as well, made me come up with some false conclusions.

I really wanted to know where you were last night, Steelman on the first thread, because I was willing to take my lumps of I told you so. And rightly so. Between what you have suggested and Otto has suggested in the thread, it made me realize how easily my mind can pick something and run away with it.

It does make me look differently at the Susan Jacobson case, as well, from Roseville, California, although her husband has not taken a lie detector test. I feel that polygraphs could help.
I know there are big debates about that, and I am not here to debate the polygraph issue, but when I read Cheryl's husband passed the poly, I was relieved, and embarrassed that I came to a specific conclusion.

I wish certain things would have been released by LE from the get-go.
It makes me feel reserved now, and questions my judgment when not all the facts are presented. But how were we to know certain things? Esp. if LE knows but doesn't release the info, then our minds can take us where it wants us to go, based on thoughts and not facts.
Again, I will state that I have learned so much from this case.
I learned also NOT to jump to conclusions and to have SEVERAL different scenarios specifically in mind, so that the innocent aren't judged in that way. It really made me feel bad. I made myself feel bad in the end because of the incorrect conclusions! I am so sorry Cheryl's family!
Prayers to her husband, son, parents, sister, niece, family and friends!
IMOO.

Good idea!

I don't see any sort of gutter or drainage in the street photo... I looked up a few other photos of nearby streets and don't see anything on those, either.

But if it was raining and had been for a while, there could have been enough water at the curb to fry a dropped phone.

Does that take some time though? They think it was switched off.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

Detectives learned that the phone was “powered down” shortly after DeBoer’s last text.

Is this the same car Cheryl had? I notice it has automatic seat belts, that could change things a bit as to the door opening and being pushed from the drivers side to the passenger side.

JMO

Her actual car was shown on local news (KCPQ) this morning. It was a light-colored SEDAN, quite a small car. I read early on that it was a Subaru Impreza. I will try to find a link.

Awww don't feel bad Treelights. It's a normal assumption to look at Family and work your way outward. I had the same thoughts. Heck even LE works that way.

It's too bad she wasn't actually talking on the phone with her friend instead of texting, the mystery about what transpired next might be greatly clarified.

I suspect her head being down texting while her door was propped open is probably the tiny window of opportunity this guy needed to get the jump on her. She may have also gotten out of her car earlier while attempting to search for the badge under the seat, wedged down in the console, or hidden under items on the passenger side. Most likely she was accosted while her attention was focused elsewhere.

This sounds almost like a deliberate kidnapping.........but for what possible reason ?

Only two possible scenarios are now available to us, and the cops already know the answer.

A) Was she assaulted in her car and then moved in her own vehicle ?

B) Was she assaulted in her car and then transferred into another vehicle ?

The cops may very well have an eye witness to what happened in that parking zone, but much like everything else so far, they refuse to comment on it or confirm it. The information that came to light during the late evening hours was due to information contained in the search warrant, not because Pickard offered it up.

I can't understand the possible reasoning behind not divulging that her husband left for work prior to her, arrived at work on time, video caught her car driving towards P & R, and hubby passed a polygraph early on. All of these people on social media (and in here) trying to implicate her husband in the disappearance, and yet the cops knew all along he had nothing to do with it. That suspicion could have been cleared up days ago, but they refused to do it.

Just keep in mind that cooperation ain't a two-way street with these guys.

Maybe this has been answered already but I wonder how much life insurance was on Cheryl. It's possible that someone was paid to" take care" of Cheryl and that may be why the small window of opportunity was enough for her to be taken. Of course there is no indication of this so I'm just thinking out loud

JMO

So if Cheryl's vehicle is on camera traveling westbound around 7:00am and then she sends a text to her friend about the forgotten badge and change of plans at 7:02am, has it been determined that she was parked/pulled over when she sent the text, or could she have been driving? It is illegal to text and drive where I live, but people do it all the time.

Based on the timing, where would/should her vehicle have been at 7:02am? Would it have been in the spot where she would typically park to meet her carpool? Was the spot her car was ultimately found the spot it could have been in at 7:02am, or based on travel times would this have been impossible?

If Cheryl was unreachable by phone at 7:30am, and LE report her phone was powered-down shortly after her 7:02am text, that leaves a very small window for foul play (no more than 28 minutes). She must not have made it home as her badge was still there. So it sounds as if she may have met with foul play right around the time of her text, and likely at the location of her text.

I also carpool to work, and meet my carpool in a shopping complex. We take turns driving. One morning last year I arrived at the meeting spot a few minutes early, so got on my phone to check e-mails. I consider myself observant and safety conscious, but on this one morning I was startled when a man knocked on my window. I didn't see him coming. My heart was racing. My window was up and my door was locked. I wasn't sure if I should roll down the window, but as females were are conditioned to nurture, help, and please others, so I did. Luckily for me it was the husband of a friend. I didn't recognize him at first because he had on a puffy jacket and winter hat. Had it been a stranger though, or somebody with ill intentions, I would have been an easy target.

I can imagine something similar to Cheryl happening. Her head would be down while she was texting. She was probably stressed out about forgetting her badge and not very vigilant to her surroundings. The wrong person may have approached her vehicle or even jumped in an unlocked door. They might have had a weapon (possibly a knife) to threaten her into compliance. That person would have grabbed her phone from her and powered it down, any maybe thrown it from the vehicle. There may have been a struggled in the vehicle at some point (hence the blood, could be Cheryl's or the perps). If the motive was sexual assault I imagine Cheryl was forced to drive to a more remote location. Just because she was found in her clothes doesn't necessary mean an assault didn't happen. She may have been forced to re-dress before she was murdered.

Good idea!

Thanks for checking! My connection is a bit dodgy today and maps and pictures take a lot of time to load.

If it was just lying in water collected at the curb I think it would have been found by now, don't you think?

Which makes me wonder, why didn't they tape off and search the area where her car was found? With blood inside the car the surrounding area should have been part of the crime scene, no?

If she was taken away from the park and ride in her car, police would likely know this or strongly suspect it. They know if this isn't where she would park (the husband and the carpoolers know where she parks) and they likely have other cameras that would show her car going away.
If that were the case, wouldn't the police show a picture of her car and ask for tips involving it?

For the same reason they won't pull a vehicle involved in a minor fender bender out of the roadway, which results in a traffic jam 8-10 miles long during rush hour.............inconsideration and apathy. Your inconvenience is not their concern, nor the other 5000 vehicles idling behind you.

Apples and oranges, IMO. We aren't talking public inconvenience here. Why mislead the public when they are asking for our help? It doesn't make sense to leave the impression that a certain (logical) person might be guilty, and have lots of people head down that road mentally, when they know otherwise.

And I still think it's crappy to set up the husband for speculation. My dad was a (kind) police officer so maybe my expectations are high.

For the same reason they won't pull a vehicle involved in a minor fender bender out of the roadway, which results in a traffic jam 8-10 miles long during rush hour.............inconsideration and apathy. Your inconvenience is not their concern, nor the other 5000 vehicles idling behind you.

Off Topic, but responding to your post:
Here in Colorado that is against the law:

https://www.codot.gov/library/traff.../traffic-guidelines-info/move_it_brochure.pdf

"Move-It. It’s not just a good idea. It’s the law.
Ever been involved in a minor traffic accident on the
freeway? Rather than move your car off the road, you
left it in a traffic lane until the police arrived? Don't
feel bad if you have. Actually, it happens quite often
in the metro Denver area. Unfortunately, it’s against
state law."

"State law requires motorists involved in a minor
accident on a divided highway
– including the T-REX
corridor
– to move their vehicles off the highway when
• the vehicle is drivable • no drugs or alcohol are involved and • there are no injuries
Once at a safe location, drivers can notify law
enforcement and exchange information."

Maybe this has been answered already but I wonder how much life insurance was on Cheryl. It's possible that someone was paid to" take care" of Cheryl and that may be why the small window of opportunity was enough for her to be taken. Of course there is no indication of this so I'm just thinking out loud

JMO
I don't think this is the case at all. However, I wonder if that's one angle LE had to rule out before clearing MD. Pickard is very thorough, so I do wonder if, even after seeing the home surveillance, that's why they gave him a polygraph days later. That said, I am so thankful it's not him. I'm also broken for him. What a horrible tragedy!

Apples and oranges, IMO. We aren't talking public inconvenience here. Why mislead the public when they are asking for our help? It doesn't make sense to leave the impression that a certain (logical) person might be guilty, and have lots of people head down that road mentally, when they know otherwise.

And I still think it's crappy to set up the husband for speculation. My dad was a (kind) police officer so maybe my expectations are high.

They do it all the time, in case after case in here.......I have no answer as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice