Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it at all likely that the ME will release the autopsy results today?

I am trying to catch up so I apologize if this has been asked :/
Assuming any DNA evidence was left behind by perp in/on vehicle, how long does it take to get that processed and run it through databases to see if there is a match?

I think it can be done in days but from what I usually see and hear it takes weeks.

But come to think of it, fingerprints (if any were found) should have been analysed already and run through databases?

someone was asking about other 50ish women in the area being randomly murdered. Look into the case of Greggette Guy- murdered in West Seattle a few years ago, apparently random for no reason, remains unsolved. Throat slit and body dumped.

My thoughts- she was ambushed somehow at the Park N Ride. The perp may have done it for drug money but may have had the presence of mind to turn the phone off so wasn't TOO out of it (and I believe the perp turned the phone off- it doesn't make sense why she would have turned her own phone off). This seems like a random killing to me.

Dang I accidentally deleted my last post trying to edit it. Well I was interested in the types of crimes in this area for the last few months. A lot of car break ins. Most had no fingerprints, not much taken, some where even entered locked with a key (car owners report no keys missing) one even had a key in the ignition that did not belong to the owner but unlocked the door. That being said two incidents stuck out to me from January.

January 8th:
http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-jan-7-14/
And January 29th (at the library):
http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-jan-29-feb-5/

... some where even entered locked with a key (car owners report no keys missing) one even had a key in the ignition that did not belong to the owner but unlocked the door....

RSBM - just a thought on keys - I had a 1977 Toyota Celica stolen in the 90's. When it was recovered there was *no* sign of forced entry or stripped steering column/ignition - BUT they found a DATSUN key on the floorboard that both UNLOCKED the door and STARTED the car. Thankfully the thieves left the key behind - it was the only thing that convinced the insurance company to cover the repairs (they had stripped the car after stealing it).

If you have an older car, you need to be aware that years of use wear out keys and locks. Thieves know this.

someone was asking about other 50ish women in the area being randomly murdered. Look into the case of Greggette Guy- murdered in West Seattle a few years ago, apparently random for no reason, remains unsolved. Throat slit and body dumped.

My thoughts- she was ambushed somehow at the Park N Ride. The perp may have done it for drug money but may have had the presence of mind to turn the phone off so wasn't TOO out of it (and I believe the perp turned the phone off- it doesn't make sense why she would have turned her own phone off). This seems like a random killing to me.

:welcome:

I just wanted to post the crimes that have been happening in that area around the time she went missing. Police blotters are a list of picked out crimes from that week in that area. Not all crimes are on it. It is weird they didn't have Cheryl listed.

January 8th a man approached women when she was unlocking her door to her apartment,( just north of where Cheryl s car was parked by a few blocks.) He approached her and whispered sexual stuff in her ear before she ran to the office.

January 29th at the library (right by where Cheryl car was found,) a man exposed himself to a women and then reached into his pants. Both suspects were not caught.

I just wanted to post the crimes that have been happening in that area around the time she went missing. Police blotters are a list of picked out crimes from that week in that area. Not all crimes are on it. It is weird they didn't have Cheryl listed.

January 8th a man approached women when she was unlocking her door to her apartment,( just north of where Cheryl s car was parked by a few blocks.) He approached her and whispered sexual stuff in her ear before she ran to the office.

January 29th at the library (right by where Cheryl car was found,) a man exposed himself to a women and then reached into his pants. Both suspects were not caught.

Was there a description of the 2 men? Or maybe just one man, if descriptions may be similar. That's crazy that those 2 incidents didn't make it in the blotter, seeing how these seem to be incidents that women in the area need to be made aware of, heck just the public in general...what sickos!

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Again, two incidents stand out to me:

1) attempted kidnap of a woman. Man tries to pull her in his truck. Last week. Less than 15 miles away.

http://komonews.com/news/local/video-shows-attempted-kidnapping-of-woman-in-capitol-hill

2) 4 men grabbed woman off a trail between bus stop and Edmonds college. Sexually assaulted her. Less than 5 miles away.

http://q13fox.com/2016/01/26/edmond...t-after-report-of-sexual-assault-near-campus/

CD did not make it to the transit center. There have been no searches of the transit center. No police focus besides flyer canvassing. I think that effectively ruled out her ever making it there. The facility is covered in cameras. They had them within 24 hours of going missing. I think it's safe to say the transit center is not part of the investigation any longer, besides it being her original destination. Of course this is all IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang I accidentally deleted my last post trying to edit it. Well I was interested in the types of crimes in this area for the last few months. A lot of car break ins. Most had no fingerprints, not much taken, some where even entered locked with a key (car owners report no keys missing) one even had a key in the ignition that did not belong to the owner but unlocked the door. That being said two incidents stuck out to me from January.

January 8th:
http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-jan-7-14/
And January 29th (at the library):
http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-jan-29-feb-5/
Very interesting! I'm particularly interested in the woman who was approached as she was trying to enter her apartment. What a terrifying incident! I'm so glad she ran! I'm curious how old she is. I wonder if LE has interviewed her recently.

Then I find it very surprising that Cheryl was not mentioned. :thinking:

Like for instance, here in Colorado Springs:

https://www.springsgov.com/units/police/policeblotter.asp?offset=20

From Feb. 3rd it mentions a woman went missing, and they give details about her, then there was an update that she had been found.

I would have thought this would have been in the blotter (Mountlake Terrace blotter) about Cheryl in Mountlake Terrace, WA., although Cheryl was mentioned frequently in MSM and by LE in their presser.
Maybe they just don't print everything in that blotter for MSM consumption?
IMOO.

Was there a description of the 2 men? Or maybe just one man, if descriptions may be similar. That's crazy that those 2 incidents didn't make it in the blotter, seeing how these seem to be incidents that women in the area need to be made aware of, heck just the public in general...what sickos!

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
They are in the blotter. If you click the links, you'll find both incidents. Cheryl is not, however.

Those other incidents stand out to me also in Seattle and edmonds. I posted about the edmonds early on in this thread. I live about 1 1/2 miles from the edmonds one and 4 miles from where Cheryl disappeared. Scares me as a women living in this area that frequently drives at night and to the edmonds college.

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner took custody of and performed an autopsy to identify the body and determine the cause and manner of death. The Medical Examiner positively identified the body as DeBoer and is awaiting further test results before making the final determination of the cause and manner of death. The autopsy did reveal small cuts on two of DeBoer’s fingers that according to the Medical Examiner appear to be self inflicted.

Mountlake Terrace detectives continue to investigate this case as a homicide. However, other possible causes of death are also being investigated.

http://wa-mountlaketerrace.civicplus.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=55

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner took custody of and performed an autopsy to identify the body and determine the cause and manner of death. The Medical Examiner positively identified the body as DeBoer and is awaiting further test results before making the final determination of the cause and manner of death. The autopsy did reveal small cuts on two of DeBoer’s fingers that according to the Medical Examiner appear to be self inflicted.

Mountlake Terrace detectives continue to investigate this case as a homicide. However, other possible causes of death are also being investigated.

http://wa-mountlaketerrace.civicplus.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=55

WHAT? Is anyone else more confused?

If she tried to fight off someone with a knife, would that qualify as self-inflicted? I wouldn't think so.

I'm perplexed but I have to believe there's a reason they're slowly trickling the details out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AISFORAPPLE