Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may watch too much TV....but this thought crossed my mind; could the cuts be a message? I.e. initials of someone?

I had the same idea. I thought it was weird but if 2 of us think it... well, it might still be weird. :)

Like if the cuts spelled out "I was killed" or "Bob is a murderer" it'd be pretty clear they were self inflicted, right?

(note that "Bob" is just an example!)

Self-inflicted could just mean as opposed to inflicted by someone else? As in ordinary cuts, not wounds from an attack?

I doubt this is a suicide, but a happy, normal frame of mind is not a way to dismiss a suicide, jmo...

Somehow I missed the bottom paragraph of this.
Accidental or deliberate.

More results of the autopsy are pending, according to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner.
“Mountlake Terrace detectives continue to investigate this case as a homicide,” assistant chief Pete Caw said. “However, other possible causes of death are also being investigated.”

It is important to let the facts support a theory, not to let a theory control the facts, Caw said.

More facts, including a determination of the cause and manner of death, need to be gathered, he said.

The assistant chief said the medical examiner determined the cuts on DeBoer’s fingers were self-inflicted.

That means the cuts could have been accidental or deliberate, but they weren’t caused by another person, he said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160217/NEWS01/160219243

Sorry (kind of) to bring this up again, but at the moment, I'm not totally convinced this isn't related to Marianne Humble.

Two self inflicted cuts on her fingers - why would that be mentioned?

Is this another case where the ME cannot determine a cause of death? We have seen a number of these lately.

As others have asked, why was the area around her car not blocked off with crime tape especially after blood was discovered in her car?

Is this a case that LE has cleared the husband publically but have doubts? Similar to the DeOrr case where the Sheriff said the parents were "strong", meaning he believed their story in the beginning.

It sounds like LE is throwing spaghetti against the wall to see if someone will break.

I really didn't want to say this, nor do I believe it, but it still makes much more sense than anything else, given what we know at this point. I really hate that.

I wonder why LE et al have been so stingy with details. It would really help to know, for instance, if she had water in her lungs. No water = probably her body was dumped there = homicide. Water = she was there for longer = stronger chances of suicide/accident, but not ruling out homicide.

I have major trouble believing suicide or accident, though. She'd've had to walk all the way to the culvert from her car, where surely she would've been caught on tape/seen by someone. Does it take that long to review footage? Especially if it isn't homicide, where the window would probably be much smaller.

Cuts on her fingers like maybe she wrestled a knife or something away from an attacker and maybe cut herself while trying to protect herself?? hmm who knows... poor lady.

Agree - in the crimefighters picture of the car - there seems to be a pet carrier - could even be crutches from a pet. I don't get how one determines if a cut is self-inflicted unless they had bandaids on them from previously or were already healing.

http://www.crimestoppers.com/missing-person-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

I wanted to ask, since you brought this pic up.
I don't know if you have done this, but the thumbnail pic of the car can be clicked on and made much much larger.
Do you think that pet carrier was in the vehicle?
This looks to be the LE impound lot.
Anyway, what my post is actually about, is the Red tape on strategic places on the car.
There is red tape on the fuel door cover, red tape on the right rear window, red tape between the right front passenger window and rear window, red tape on the right side of the hood.
Above the fuel door cover it appears to have a black stain. Maybe nothing. But all that red tape would indicate something, right?
Would that be blood, or fingerprints?

Can someone bring a large copy of that photo of the car on the thread? It would be great if someone has the means to do so, and just keep the link with it, as well.
IMOO.

I don't know what good this would do exactly but she text at 7:02. Were the cuts on her right or left hand? If they found her phone then possibly they could determine if her fingers were cut before or after 7:02 am by blood on her phone.

Has anyone noticed what work at the research center was Cheryl DeBoer involved in - laboratory/research results?
I believe she was a systems analyst.

And yes, there's a lot of conspiracy theory crap online that says she's a chemist or a researcher. I believe they're just trying to make their conspiracy theories fit.

ETA - link

http://mltnews.com/mlt-police-say-body-found-sunday-matches-description-of-cheryl-deboer/

From the link:

"DeBoer worked as a systems analyst at the Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle."

If she was kidnapped and held somewhere alive for a bit, she may well have been tied up....Wondering if she used something sharp trying to cut away at what was holding her....you could nick your fingers just in trying and not being able to see...IMHO

My theory, right now, is possible sexual assault. I guess that could change at any time.

Whatever it is, PLEASE CATCH THEM!

I can't think of how they know the cuts are self-inflicted unless they found something sharp with her fingerprints and her blood on it.
Suicide note?
Anyone??

Ah ! Sorry, I meant Marianne Humble!

Off to edit my post! I need sleep!

I've seen practically no news about Marianne Humble. She left home at 4:30, was eventually reported missing, found in the river, drowning death ruled a suicide. Is there more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzee2741