Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obituary posted today in the Seattle Times:
Cheryl Diane Deboer

Cheryl Peterson DeBoer was born on May 23, 1962 in Seattle, WA and died Feb. 2016 in Mountlake Terrace, WA. Cheryl graduated from Mountlake Terrace High School in 1980 excelling in both track and cross-country. She graduated from Eastern Washington University in 1985 with a degree in Chemistry. With a passion for her work and research, Cheryl was employed by the Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP) at Fred Hutchinson in Seattle for the past 15 years. Cheryl enjoyed the outdoors, hunting, hiking, fishing, and spending time at their cabin.

Published in The Seattle Times on Feb. 21, 2016
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/se...ane-deboer&pid=177795885#sthash.mvvOjlMQ.dpuf

Please, please know that I was not pointing any fingers at anyone with my last post. I have just been noticing this kind of thing happens on a lot of threads that drag out with no new info from police/media. It just means the thread gets longer and longer with no new info which in turn becomes discouraging for the next lot of newcomers to read :)

I totally get you! It becomes a bit tiresome when the same questions are asked again and again. (not excluding myself here, I might be guilty of it myself when I was too lazy to read all the previous pages) You are quite right!

Bringing this over from the last thread

Thanks for bringing them over! It does look a bit creepy. I would not feel comfortable walking alone there, especially at half light, even if it's only a 5 minute walk.

I totally agree with that. You don't power down your phone when you are in a somewhat fluid situation and might have to text again or might receive another text in a few minutes. ("Can't find the badge at home, go on w/o me", or friend might change their mind and you don't want to miss a text telling you so, so that you can directly go to the bus, etc.)
for the third time lol she wasnt going to meet up with them
http://www.cityofmlt.com/ArchiveCent...File/Item/3163

all the media is saying 10 different things about her texts (i expanded on my thoughts on this in an earlier post)...so i take anything the media says with a grain of salt regarding that. however, a press released by the police is really most reliable.

for the third time lol she wasnt going to meet up with them
http://www.cityofmlt.com/ArchiveCent...File/Item/3163

all the media is saying 10 different things about her texts (i expanded on my thoughts on this in an earlier post)...so i take anything the media says with a grain of salt regarding that. however, a press released by the police is really most reliable.

Regardless of whether she planned to meet up with them, the carpool friend waited until 7:30AM and did attempt to connect with Cheryl after her phone was powered down. That means that at least one party believed that the conversation was not concluded.

Regardless of whether she planned to meet up with them, the carpool friend waited until 7:30AM and did attempt to connect with Cheryl after her phone was powered down. That means that at least one party believed that the conversation was not concluded.
was there a press release on that or where is the link to the police saying that? i dont believe everything the media says.

was there a press release on that or where is the link to the police saying that? i dont believe everything the media says.

"At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.

“Just go without me,” the text said. “I’ll probably ride home with you.”

Her friend wrote back asking how long it would take and saying that she would wait.

The text back to the friend estimated that DeBoer’s trip back home would take 10 minutes.

Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off.

Detectives learned that the phone was “powered down” shortly after DeBoer’s last text."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

That info came from the media ( herald news) that got a hold of the probable cause search warrant for her car. That also contained the info about her husband leaving, her leaving, the intersection video, the last text etc. The search warrant probable cause document was not released by police. At the time the believed they were investigating a kidnapping.

"At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.

“Just go without me,” the text said. “I’ll probably ride home with you.”

Her friend wrote back asking how long it would take and saying that she would wait.

The text back to the friend estimated that DeBoer’s trip back home would take 10 minutes.

Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off.

Detectives learned that the phone was “powered down” shortly after DeBoer’s last text."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

so are you saying the press release is wrong? because the herald isnt including her stating that she would take the bus instead.

she wasnt going to meet up with them
http://www.cityofmlt.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/3163

You're right.
And just for confirmation, here is a link to a press conference given around 14th/15th Feb, where Pickard actually says that she text her friend about 7am, I forgot my ID badge, I need to go back home to retrieve it, go ahead, go to work, I'll take the bus.
He's paraphrasing I would think but he wouldn't say CD had text that she,d take the bus if she hadn't.

https://www.facebook.com/TedLandJournalist/videos/1570819333210139/?hc_location=ufi

I totally get you! It becomes a bit tiresome when the same questions are asked again and again. (not excluding myself here, I might be guilty of it myself when I was too lazy to read all the previous pages) You are quite right!

Unfortunately, not everyone might have the time to read both first and second threads.
I value all posts, even repetitive posts, and although it might be tiresome for some to read the rehashed material, I think it is great that they are posting. It keeps the thread going.
Scrolling through repetitive posts can be done as well.
And I will add, just because I have a fairly good memory doesn't mean that I won't forget what was previously stated.
I might have several thoughts on what may have happened to Cheryl, and it might not jive with what others believe could have happened to Cheryl.
IMOO.

thank you...ok so if she told her friend she would just take the bus, why would the friend call her? because its out of character?? the texting, or saying she would take the bus?

If I recall correctly CD was driving the car that her husband typically drove. I wonder if a perp was waiting in the car expecting that the husband would be driving it. They might not have seen that the husband had already left. I'm not sure how the work badge would factor in to the equation which is a weakness in this theory. Stranger things have happened though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This was actually corrected in a post the son posted ona news site. He said that they sold that "jeep" a year ago. And that his mom has been driving that current car for the last year.

An international student was approached and gang-raped by a group of men on a trail at/near a community college in the neighboring city. Was this what you were thinking of?

Sorry - my post crossed and now I see it was answered above. Do you think multiple people might be involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had been thinking multiple people would have a better chance of quickly abducting her and assisting with moving her around . I won't get too much into that FB post that was the topic today but it enforced that theory .

thank you for confirming I had read the other incident on the thread. I have been following early on but could not remember when it was posted .

so are you saying the press release is wrong? because the herald isnt including her stating that she would take the bus instead.

Regarding the friend waiting until 7:30AM, it does appear that Cheryl and her friend were in the middle of a text conversation when her phone was powered down, which supports the theory that Cheryl did not power-down her phone.

I have no idea why the controversial point of Cheryl offering to take a bus is not included in the text communications report.

I haven't seen anything contradictory in the content/context of the texts. We don't have time stamps and some MSM accounts include more than others.

She texted she'd forgotten her badge, would catch ride home after.
Friend texted asking how long it would take to get back.
Text returned stating she'd be back in 10 minutes.

I think the texts sound very normal and reasonable. I think she was planning to be back and that they would ride in together. At a PC, I believe it was her niece that confirmed Cheryl did not say she would be taking the bus at any point that morning.

Moving a limp full grown adult woman's body would be very awkward and clumsy.

People (on this forum) have repeatedly mentioned Cheryl being in different vehicles. That confuses me.

She was presumably in her white car in the driver seat initially. Based on blood evidence, I believe she was at least injured and likely killed in the passenger seat of the same car.

It seems logical that in removing a limp, bloody (sorry for the graphic nature) body from a car, blood would get on the door.

Then, the car was placed by someone else, after she had been removed, in that spot.

If she had been driven somewhere, and put somewhere else to wait it out - why would they have left her where they did?

After MD found the car (around noon, day of, I believe) eyes were everywhere. I don't think she was dropped off later.

that doesnt look muddy to me, i suppose it depends on the weather. if its raining, i might not take that path, if it wasnt raining, i might take it..unless i was concerned for safety or theres a quicker way, unless of course a quicker path isnt my prerogative.

It wasn't raining yesterday and it was muddy. Not every single part of the path, but enough to exit it with muddy shoes. (My shoes had mud on them, even though I was semi-careful.)

It's helpful to know what decisions you might make about traveling the path based on looking at the pictures J Branagh was nice enough to share.

But what I think is probably even more helpful is to know that CD, herself, expressed concerns to family and friends about the safety of the park. So it seems reasonable to speculate that SHE didn't favor taking the meandering, unsafe, muddy path early in the AM, even though you, personally, don't think it looks muddy from the pics and imagine it to be pleasant so like the idea of taking the path to the park and ride lot sometimes when it is not raining.

I haven't seen anything contradictory in the content/context of the texts. We don't have time stamps and some MSM accounts include more than others.

She texted she'd forgotten her badge, would catch ride home after.
Friend texted asking how long it would take to get back.
Text returned stating she'd be back in 10 minutes.

I think the texts sound very normal and reasonable. I think she was planning to be back and that they would ride in together. At a PC, I believe it was her niece that confirmed Cheryl did not say she would be taking the bus at any point that morning.

Moving a limp full grown adult woman's body would be very awkward and clumsy.

People (on this forum) have repeatedly mentioned Cheryl being in different vehicles. That confuses me.

She was presumably in her white car in the driver seat initially. Based on blood evidence, I believe she was at least injured and likely killed in the passenger seat of the same car.

It seems logical that in removing a limp, bloody (sorry for the graphic nature) body from a car, blood would get on the door.

Then, the car was placed by someone else, after she had been removed, in that spot.

If she had been driven somewhere, and put somewhere else to wait it out - why would they have left her where they did?

After MD found the car (around noon, day of, I believe) eyes were everywhere. I don't think she was dropped off later.

in the press conference which someone just posted the link on the prior page, the police officer stated she told her friend via text that she would take the bus to work. perhaps her niece misspoke and wasnt sure, wasnt sure yet, or didnt feel she wrote that text.

It wasn't raining yesterday and it was muddy. Not every single part of the path, but enough to exit it with muddy shoes. (My shoes had mud on them, even though I was semi-careful.)

It's helpful to know what decisions you might make about traveling the path based on looking at the pictures J Branagh was nice enough to share.

But what I think is probably even more helpful is to know that CD, herself, expressed concerns to family and friends about the safety of the park. So it seems reasonable to speculate that SHE didn't favor taking the meandering, unsafe, muddy path early in the AM, even though you, personally, don't think it looks muddy from the pics and imagine it to be pleasant so like the idea of taking the path to the park and ride lot sometimes when it is not raining.

well, i was only theorizing to someone why she would take it, if she did. i myself wouldnt take it lol. i dont even take the bus and avoid walking, im that overly cautious of a person. i dont believe she took that path if what the media said about her concerns is true, plus the muddiness. i figure in the spring and summer its probably not muddy at all..but you still wouldnt catch me on an isolated trail by myself like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother