Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i just now realized. if someone seemed threatening to her, maybe she ran down the path. (doubtful imho, but you never know). or maybe she was going to meet someone there in the park, and that path seemed most logical. still doubt that...

for the third time lol she wasnt going to meet up with them
http://www.cityofmlt.com/ArchiveCent...File/Item/3163

all the media is saying 10 different things about her texts (i expanded on my thoughts on this in an earlier post)...so i take anything the media says with a grain of salt regarding that. however, a press released by the police is really most reliable.

Those was an early report. The "10 minutes" text detail was reported later.

one thing i just now realized. if someone seemed threatening to her, maybe she ran down the path. (doubtful imho, but you never know). or maybe she was going to meet someone there in the park, and that path seemed most logical. still doubt that...
I think if she had ran, people would remember seeing her. I don't think she got much further than her car.

I think instinct would have you run to the residences or to the Main Street rather than into the darkness of the park. But someone certainly could have come out of the park or pulled her into the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the friend waiting until 7:30AM, it does appear that Cheryl and her friend were in the middle of a text conversation when her phone was powered down, which supports the theory that Cheryl did not power-down her phone.

I have no idea why the controversial point of Cheryl offering to take a bus is not included in the text communications report.

if Cheryl told her she would be taking the bus, that is a pretty conclusive ending to a conversation to me. which would then make sense why she powered down her phone.

I think instinct would have you run to the residences or to the Main Street rather than into the darkness of the park. But someone certainly could have come out of the park or pulled her into the park.

true, unless she was cornered. say, she was closest to the path and the person was closest to the street. i still somehow doubt this theory, though.

Those was an early report. The "10 minutes" text detail was reported later.

so are you saying she told them she would take the bus, then she told them it would only be ten minutes and to wait for her? that doesnt seem right to me. plus, i dont see where the police themselves said anything about 10 minutes.

if Cheryl told her she would be taking the bus, that is a pretty conclusive ending to a conversation to me. which would then make sense why she powered down her phone.
I don't think she powered her phone down. Even if she didn't use her phone at work, why would she turn it off while commuting? That makes no sense to me at all. Her family says she was safety - conscious.

Given that:

• she left the house shortly after her husband (around 7AM, per home surveillance video)
  • she texted her friend shortly after 7AM about the badge
  • her phone was powered down before the discussion with the carpool friend was concluded
  • blood was found in her car
  • she was found a short distance from where her car was found; and,
  • her car was near, or at, the location where it should be

what can we conclude about the reason for her murder?

so are you saying she told them she would take the bus, then she told them it would only be ten minutes and to wait for her? that doesnt seem right to me. plus, i dont see where the police themselves said anything about 10 minutes.

How I understand it is, Cheryl first said she'd take the bus instead, but when the friend asked how long it would take to get the badge, Cheryl answered "10 minutes". Cheryl in my understanding offered to take the bus so the friend is not inconvenienced, but the friend considered waiting, so they asked "how long?". I don't see anything wrong in the way the conversation unfolded. And I would find it very odd if Cheryl had switched off her phone herself after sending the "10 minutes" text.

I don't think she powered her phone down. Even if she didn't use her phone at work, why would she turn it off while commuting? That makes no sense to me at all. Her family says she was safety - conscious.

couldve been dying. its a slight possibility...slight. theres lots of possible scenarios. i am leaning towards she didnt turn off her phone. unless it was suicide. i really dont want to think it was that, and that doesnt make sense to me.

couldve been dying. its a slight possibility...slight. theres lots of possible scenarios. i am leaning towards she didnt turn off her phone. unless it was suicide. i really dont want to think it was that, and that doesnt make sense to me.

With it being a Monday, a work day, I would think she would have had a full charge on her phone? ( Well, I would have...)
Yes, lots of possible scenarios.
IMOO.

Given that:

• she left the house shortly after her husband (around 7AM, per home surveillance video)
  • her phone was powered down before the discussion with the carpool friend was concluded

I think either:

1. (Occam's Razor-style) it is as it appears on the surface, and that someone attacked her when the opportunity presented itself (when she parked her car, looked for her badge and sent the text.) Then they dumped her down at the creek with either her car or their own.

OR

2. It was premeditated and targeted, and someone killed her at the house or as got into the car, then they dumped her in the creek and drove her car to her normal spot (still makes sense they would take 236th St to 58th whether driving from her house or the culvert) then staged the whole thing to look random by parking her car on 58th.

I tend to think the first scenario is more promising, ESPECIALLY since her husband is ruled out. But, these things happen so I don't feel 100% certain that it was random yet. It would be SO easy to rule out number two. All we have to know is whether she was driving her car on 236th and what location the text was sent from.

The only weird thing for me about scenario one is that they would have had to take her away from the scene and transferred her to another car or used hers and returned it. Weird.

Given that:

There is still information missing to give an appropriate correct reason for "her murder".
Cheryl was targeted. The reason? Herself perhaps. (They wanted Cheryl.) That's the only thing that I can come up with
with as little information that is known.
IMOO.

Does anyone else think there is a possibility that multiple assailants are involved?
I am considering this as a possibility.
IMO

maybe the perp reparked her car there to throw investigators off track, make it appear she left on her own, or was kidnapped or murdered there by the car so that way investigators spent time looking for her there and not elsewhere? or maybe he left the car there and transferring vehicles for that reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother