Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was DeeDee Moore who posted here some time ago. She was convicted of murdering lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare.

Woah!:scared:

Sorry, I have to know. Was she posting about the crime she herself committed ? Or about other cases ?

Woah!:scared:

Sorry, I have to know. Was she posting about the crime she herself committed ? Or about other cases ?

That
Is crazy. I'm also curious. Is the thread still
up and her posts still
There?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following all the threads about Cheryl, as I am a local as well.
One comment I have about her phone is-one scenario is that if her phone and/or purse were ripped away from her in a struggle and left on the side of the road, in the grass, etc, it's entirely possible a person just saw it and stole it. That scenario makes more sense to me than Cheryl hiding it herself or the suspect doing it. There are plenty of lousy people who would find a purse and phone on the ground and just steal it for themselves, and that could be why LE hasn't found it.

I would imagine that (pet) dogs would have pulled their owners there when out for a walk, even if they walked on the other side of the street. Of course, the owners might not have complied to the dog's wishes to explore the side of the street any further.

I had my dog with me. I had to pull HIM across the street to get over there. Not a great street to cross and not a good side of the street to walk on.

Maybe eucalyptuz was thinking of fingerprints on her phone (if found), inside the car, steering wheel, door etc?

he said "'sensitive' in that it pertains to a person they are interested in as a perp and is information the the perp is unaware of. Eg finger prints of a known person somewhere where they shouldn't be etc."

I don't feel that would've been sensitive information.

they never said they had cctv, cctv isnt common on homes here. but that is a good point. maybe they wanted to see if he would cooperate, and if he had gotten someone else to do something to her.

Also, they might have wanted to make sure he was being truthful about any other info he might have about possible perps--for instance, I still wonder if there were any ladies who might have seen CD as a barrier between them and a romance with her husband. He's a handsome, rugged-looking guy.

One comment I have about her phone is-one scenario is that if her phone and/or purse were ripped away from her in a struggle and left on the side of the road, in the grass, etc, it's entirely possible a person just saw it and stole it. That scenario makes more sense to me than Cheryl hiding it herself or the suspect doing it. There are plenty of lousy people who would find a purse and phone on the ground and just steal it for themselves, and that could be why LE hasn't found it.

Welcome aboard initstime :)

This could absolutely happen, imo
If that is the case, and it got left behind, I would feel the motive wasn't robbery.
What was/is/could be the motive ( if murder) is a big question
Someone suggested she witnessed something, its possible

:welcome:

After reading through the last couple of pages, here, I'm really thinking this was not a random crime. I think someone who knew Cheryl, did this. I'm not implying MD, at all. I just think it was someone who knows the family.

Thank you so much for this update.

I'm not able to quote from the article, but I find this final comment very telling :
“We want closure, too,” he said. “We want it for the community and most of all for the family.”

This is what intrigues me:

"Pickard said police are not trying to be cagey by releasing only small pieces of information. He said he suspects that once the investigation is concluded, people will understand why some information was withheld."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

I wonder how phone and computer analysis, and lab results, factor into Cheryl's death. Is the fact that she forgot her badge completely unrelated? Is there an acquaintance who got something mixed up in his head?

Would rape (and details of it) also be called "sensitive" information? I would say yes?

I would definitely think so. Even though she has died, LE is always extremely sensitive when releasing the names of sexual assault victims. On top of that, if they still don't know who did it, they'd better be 100% sure she was raped before saying so. The public is already on edge.

I wonder if information about a rape would be on her phone though? Maybe the perp took pictures? IMO (and trying to be as victim friendly as possible) I wonder if this "sensitive information" in the phone records might include an extramarital relationship... Like maybe the killer was a lover, spurned or otherwise. I would call that sensitive information.

JMO JMO JMO!!! Either way Cheryl deserves better =(

ETA: Actually not even my opinion, just a theory. My (very tentative) opinion is that she was robbed by desperate druggies who were so strung out they killed her on a hair trigger and totally freaked. Now THAT'S JMO.

This is what intrigues me:

"Pickard said police are not trying to be cagey by releasing only small pieces of information. He said he suspects that once the investigation is concluded, people will understand why some information was withheld."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

I wonder how phone and computer analysis, and lab results, factor into Cheryl's death. Is the fact that she forgot her badge completely unrelated? Is there an acquaintance who got something mixed up in his head?

Like what mixed up? Other work left at home?
Can you elaborate further? Male acquaintance?( You mentioned "his" head.)
IMOO.

Does anyone else feel it's likely that LE is going to give more information fairly soon, now that the family has spoken again?

Also, I'm probably reading way too much into it, but Cheryl's mom's words : "we will never understand why this happened" ? :thinking:

Like what mixed up? Other work left at home?
Can you elaborate further? Male acquaintance?( You mentioned "his" head.)
IMOO.

Hard to say. Maybe she sold something on eBay and the purchaser was angry. That's a wild thought, but I'm thinking along the lines of someone who is not mentally sound, and who decided to retaliate. Another possibility is a drughead who, as mentioned above, went from robbery to murder, and hid her body. The problems with that is that thieving drugheads would more likely be on foot, and hiding the body is rational thinking.

Does anyone else feel it's likely that LE is going to give more information fairly soon, now that the family has spoken again?

Also, I'm probably reading way too much into it, but Cheryl's mom's words : "we will never understand why this happened" ? :thinking:

She was grounded and caring.
If she was this grounded it would be difficult to fathom suicide.
If she was this caring towards others, it would be difficult to fathom anyone would want to harm her.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member