Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that this latest post in the MTL news with details of the service in Celebration of Cheryl's life comes from someone reporting who attended the event. Although the service had 500 attendees I'm sure most members of the press were weeded out.

The quotes by son, sister, mother and niece must be taken as part of words and speeches addressed to the congregation rather than press releases. In the husband's defense, it's not all spouses that have the emotional strength at times like this to speak at a funeral or service.
I think the piece was written by a friend of the family that has a connection with MLT News. Its tone is respectful and celebratory without speculation or comment about what befell Cheryl: a tribute.
http://mltnews.com/family-remembers-cheryl-deboer-following-celebration-of-life/

I absolutely agree, everyone grieves differently

I'm headed up to MLT either today or Saturday. If anyone has any specific pics they want to see or a video please let me know. I know that there a lot of locals so anyone can do this but I'm just putting it out there.

I'm going to take some flowers over on behalf of all of us here. I hope that is okay.
Regardless of how she died she sounded like a remarkable person who impacted many. I feel so sad about Cheryl today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a lovely idea; thank you so much. I too have been feeling sad.

I'm headed up to MLT either today or Saturday. If anyone has any specific pics they want to see or a video please let me know. I know that there a lot of locals so anyone can do this but I'm just putting it out there.

I'm going to take some flowers over on behalf of all of us here. I hope that is okay.
Regardless of how she died she sounded like a remarkable person who impacted many. I feel so sad about Cheryl today.

if you could take pics of the gravel path and other paths to the park on both sides of the woods, please do so if you feel inclined. also, some people that arent local think you can see into the other side of the culvert (the woods and sign side) from the road, so that would be nice, too. (at the "hill" as a local said it, on that road facing the culvert, can you see into the culvert?). Thank you for the flowers, if i was in the area i would strongly consider placing some. also, oo photos of the pull in at the woods/sign side of the culvert would be appreciated. i know this is a lot and do not expect anything as this is just a favor. thank you :)

Flowers from all of us, what a lovely thought. Thank you Hdk!

Me too I would like to see more close ups of the culvert. TIA!

I don't find it odd that MD apparently didn't speak at the celebration; I was not able to speak at my mom's, which was not sudden or unnatural. That would be so very very much harder.

Hdk, thank you for including us all in the flower tribute!

Cheryl was a dark chocolate connoisseur. (insert chocolate smiley) RIP gentle lady.

Woah!:scared:

Sorry, I have to know. Was she posting about the crime she herself committed ? Or about other cases ?

Sorry for the delay - I am at school and just now got back online.

I didn't follow the threads for the crime but, from what I understand, DeeDee Moore posted anonymously/as a verified insider for quite some time about Abraham Shakespeare's disappearance. She was eventually convicted of his murder......She's something else!!!!! I caught an episode about the murder on Dateline or 48 Hours, not sure which one - she's a real piece of work, to say the least. If you get a chance to watch the episode you will get to see what I mean!

Anyway, here is the first thread for you & HDK...I need to read them all as I'm sure they are VERY interesting!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...espeare-lottery-winner-last-seen-April-2009-1

Thank you so much!

if you could take pics of the gravel path and other paths to the park on both sides of the woods, please do so if you feel inclined. also, some people that arent local think you can see into the other side of the culvert (the woods and sign side) from the road, so that would be nice, too. (at the "hill" as a local said it, on that road facing the culvert, can you see into the culvert?). Thank you for the flowers, if i was in the area i would strongly consider placing some. also, oo photos of the pull in at the woods/sign side of the culvert would be appreciated. i know this is a lot and do not expect anything as this is just a favor. thank you :)
There is also an entrance to NW corner of VM park, (around the corner from police station).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

in the same article, her family said “She was very much looking forward to retirement and someday being a grandmother." The family is publicly stating on facebook pleading with people to come forward with information as recent as yesterday or the day before. The husband is likely staying quiet to avoid us picking apart his words and on the advice of police/an attorney. I do agree on the last part about police info...My mind is wide open to any theories, though. I'm not leaning either way.

Maybe he doesn't want his words picked apart. I find it strange that it isn't mentioned at all that Cheryl and Mike have been married x amount of years. They were in love. They were a happy couple, Cheryl and Mike did this and that together, etc.
Her obit mentions her hobbies, but it doesn't say that she and Mike enjoyed them together.
It does mention "their cabin", but who does that comprise? Her obit does mention that she is survived by her husband Michael.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/seattletimes/obituary.aspx?n=cheryl-diane-deboer&pid=177795885

IMOO.

I don't find it odd that MD apparently didn't speak at the celebration; I was not able to speak at my mom's, which was not sudden or unnatural. That would be so very very much harder.

Hdk, thank you for including us all in the flower tribute!

I understand how difficult it might be. Sorry about your mom. Hugs!!
I also think it is strange that he isn't mentioned by Others in MSM articles. You know Mike and Cheryl loved doing this and that together....NONE of that... It was something that I noticed...
IMOO.

How odd! Hmmmmm. I can understand his perhaps being too shy or distraught to speak. But it does seem odd that his existence was glossed over. Weird.

Right, like he was glossed over, almost like he doesn't exist...
IMOO.

Question:

Does the information of where the car was located not matter anymore?

When the Crimestoppers was updated from Missing to Homicide, they took out the info of the location her car was found, and also took out the info that her work called her husband and the family called 911 to file a missing person's report.

They did however add the date that she was last seen (Feb 8th) and added the date she was found. (Feb. 14th)

http://www.crimestoppers.com/homicide-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

IMOO.

ETA:
They also took out personal info of what she was wearing, her birthdate, height, weight, brown hair, brown eyes.

Wouldn't they still want that information to jog people's memory?
Omitting that information (about location of car, what she looked like, what she was wearing,) seems odd if they are thinking someone else was involved, in my opinion...

Sorry for the delay - I am at school and just now got back online.

I didn't follow the threads for the crime but, from what I understand, she posted anonymously/as a verified insider for quite some time about Abraham's disappearance. She was eventually convicted.....She's something else!!!!! I caught an episode about the murder on Dateline or 48 Hours, not sure which one - she's a real piece of work, to say the least. If you get a chance to watch the episode you will get to see what I mean!

Anyway, here is the first thread for you & HDK...I need to read them all as I'm sure they are VERY interesting!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...espeare-lottery-winner-last-seen-April-2009-1

Verified Insider? How brazen! There are no words!
Thanks for this, I'll catch up on the threads.

Thank you for taking over some flowers, that's very kind of you.

I feel sad about Cheryl today too. It's easy for me to let cases on WS get to me, usually the kids are the worst, but Cheryl has really got to me.

Thank you Hdk. I too feel sad. Every once in awhile a case will pull my at my heart....this is one of those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member