Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone back and forth , suicide/ murder.

One thing that makes it hard to come to a conclusion is that there has been no COD mentioned.
In my mind, murder is more obvious. Apparently not in this case.
The missing phone certainly pushes me over the fence a little.

Right now, I tend to agree with TeaTime, someone she knew, not random.
Perhaps there was a text or message on her phone that someone didn't want anyone to see.
The ME is looking for drugs or alcohol in her system.
I am impatiently awaiting COD

As in all cases, I understand we have no right to know
But one does tend to get involved in some of these cases...

I do not believe this was a suicide, not for one second. I do not believe that Cheryl left her car and walked over a mile to crawl into a culvert in broad daylight at a busy intersection to kill herself. This is preposterous to even speculate.

This was murder and the whole situation is very sensitive to the family. It must be painful to hear that the public is demanding answers to satiate their natural curiosity but LE is treating the family with kindness and respect. They are not releasing any information to the public until they have finished analyzing all the evidence. We will just have to wait.

I also suggest that they may have a suspect in mind: a lover; someone infatuated with Cheryl or Mike; or someone who feared being exposed for wrong doing at Hutch, which could be quite sensitive. It could be some nut who flew into a rage because Cheryl scored a parking spot that they wanted. I do not think for a second it was some random druggie vagrant from the woods who then marched or carried Cheryl to the culvert. And, when they find this person, they will find Cheryl's blood in a very inconspicuous place in their vehicle. I believe she intentionally left her DNA (blood from her fingers) behind.

As for her husband not speaking about her murder or about his wife, I've lost 2 loved ones and could only whisper 'My Darling' when speaking of them for perhaps a year after their deaths, maybe more. I could not say their names or even hear their names without falling apart. I was incapable of speaking at their service, I could barely breath or stand. I can't judge anyone for how they handle their grief and certainly will not judge their love or the sincerity of their pain by whether they spoke publicly of them at a service or not.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your loved ones.

I think it is only natural to be inquisitive about the lack of news about her husband in Mainstream Media. It is the totality of that that made me curious as to why her family barely mentioned him in MSM, her obituary doesn't even list that they were married, except it does list her husband as a surviving family member. Again, the totality, of everything is what is odd, to me. I can understand not speaking because he is grieving his wife. What is unusual is that he is rarely mentioned in MSM by family or friends, or that he and Cheryl did this or that together, etc, their life as a couple. It was something I noticed.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/seattletimes/obituary.aspx?n=cheryl-diane-deboer&pid=177795885
IMOO.

Was she taken someplace else and then returned to the area and placed in the culvert?
Is the culvert the crime scene?

Was she taken someplace else and then returned to the area and placed in the culvert?

That cellphone has to be somewhere.
If she disposed of the cellphone or someone else did, it has to be somewhere...
Where else would she have gone, or someone else taken her to, I wonder...
IMOO.

That cellphone has to be somewhere.
If she disposed of the cellphone or someone else did, it has to be somewhere...
Where else would she have gone, or someone else taken her to, I wonder...
IMOO.

Agree about the phone.
There was so much time between her missing and located, it could be anywhere.
Wouldn't it be risky to take a phone ? Unless it had something on it that needed to be kept private, information
Do phones ping when powered down?

Jmo, but I just do not see LE requiring to wait for tox results if they know this is a homicide. I really doubt she was poisoned but jmo. I think they are at a loss as to how she died, both cause and manner, and are hoping for some sort of tox results to at least determine cause.
Jmo

manner of death has not been made public.-as far as I've seen

from articles posted - le is investigating as IF it is a homicide and being open to the possibility that it is not.

It WAS taped off after she was found there, but not now. Anyone could trample around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@teatime, I agree with your post, 100%. You basically posted my thoughts! :)

"In the meantime, police continue to investigate her death as a homicide, while not ruling out other possibilities."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

I am leaning towards this being a suicide. In my opinion, she left her badge at home as an excuse for her carpool friend to leave without her. When the friend said she would wait, I think she just turned off her phone to not deal with it. My gut feeling is she was going to slit her wrists in the car and for some reason decided she couldn't go through with that method. I believe there will be drugs in her system which caused her to lose track of her mental being and sent her on a walk, where she may have dropped her belongings, until she either stopped or fell at her final resting spot. I think when everything is said and done, there will be witnesses that saw her walking that morning away from the car pool transit center.

This case feel so much like the Lt. Charles "Joe" Gliniewicz case that happened near me without the nefarious reasoning. Law enforcement is responding just like in his case, saying that they are investigating it as a homicide, but other possibilities are being included. They knew very early it was probably suicide but they had to wait for further tests and computer checks, etc. I think in the coming weeks, information will slowly start sifting out. Whatever may come, I pray for peace and comfort for her family during this time.

I am leaning towards this being a suicide.

for some reason, I used to be, but I just can't now. Especially with MD pleading on FB for people to help him find who did this to his wife. I feel like the family knows more than we do, and that sounds like a man who knows his wife didn't commit suicide. JMO.

for some reason, I used to be, but I just can't now. Especially with MD pleading on FB for people to help him find who did this to his wife. I feel like the family knows more than we do, and that sounds like a man who knows his wife didn't commit suicide. JMO.

Absolutely agree!
I was very much leaning towards suicide yesterday, after being unconvinced until then. However, I later saw that comment from MD and read it just as you did.

After reading all the great things that have been written about Cheyl and all the people she knew and helped and loved over the years, not to mention her excitement to retire and have grandkids and enjoy life!! No one ever mentions any signs of sadness or problems! It's too hard to fathom that with that many people around her life that not one has any thing to say that would scream- suicide!! It is not a stranger, it is someone very close to her that knew her very well and she felt safe with this person and this person took advantage of that and got rid of her for some reason!! You get enough enough jealousy and rage in a person and they can do just about anything! So very sad!

Can someone explain to me this- if her phone has still never been located how is it that they can say for certain that any of the supposed texts even took place?? So then are they just taking the friends word? Did they take the friends phone to document those facts? Also the people who found her body in the culvert- was it just one person or a few? It just happened to be a friend from work who then turned right around and posted a letter so that the employees would know it was with sadness her body was found? Before the family or the police could confirm? Now that's suspicious to me! Maybe I'm totally off base and have no clue what the heck I am saying and I'll own that so bring it on I'll take my lashes ;) I just find it odd that all of a sudden on that day this person or persons say lets expand our search to go way over there by that culvert just in case....... IDK

Can someone explain to me this- if her phone has still never been located how is it that they can say for certain that any of the supposed texts even took place?? So then are they just taking the friends word? Did they take the friends phone to document those facts? Also the people who found her body in the culvert- was it just one person or a few? It just happened to be a friend from work who then turned right around and posted a letter so that the employees would know it was with sadness her body was found? Before the family or the police could confirm? Now that's suspicious to me! Maybe I'm totally off base and have no clue what the heck I am saying and I'll own that so bring it on I'll take my lashes ;) I just find it odd that all of a sudden on that day this person or persons say lets expand our search to go way over there by that culvert just in case....... IDK

I can't be 100% sure, but I believe how search parties work is that someone leading the search party, be it law enforcement or what have you, they are the ones who say what the search parameters are, not the searchers themselves. So LE (or the leader) would say, for the next X hours we're going to search this grid, which expands from Y block to Z block, and then the searchers just do as they're told. That is my understanding of search parties, but it's possible that wasn't the case here.

Re: cell phone texts. You can get a log of text messages from your cell phone provider with a court order or warrant. I imagine LE did that in this case to confirm her texts.

The rules state that we can only post 10% of the article, FYI. @seatowner

True. But every once in awhile it is nice to see a whole article because months from now, the links will be dead and most of the articles get lost.

True. But every once in awhile it is nice to see a whole article because months from now, the links will be dead and most of the articles get lost.
Yeah, I know. I think it's a rule because of the copyright laws. It's going to be snipped. I was just saying it to let people know who aren't aware. :)

It was a group of volunteers that found her. LE said that it was the volunteers that decided to expand the search area.

The human resources department at FH wrote the announcement, not just a co-worker.

It was a group of volunteers that found her. LE said that it was the volunteers that decided to expand the search area.

The human resources department at FH wrote the announcement, not just a co-worker.

So this area was never searched by LE?

So this area was never searched by LE?
After they found her it was taped off for awhile. I'll find the link and edit this post. Pickard talked about it in his 2nd(?) presser.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

From the link:

Around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, a group of volunteers found the body in a large, grassy area maintained by the city near 244th Street Southwest and Cedar Way, about a mile and a half southeast of where DeBoer’s vehicle had been located, Pickard said during a Sunday afternoon media briefing.

“They came here just to broaden their search,” Pickard said.

It definitely sounds like it was the volunteers who initiated searching near the culvert.

I do not believe this was a suicide, not for one second. I do not believe that Cheryl left her car and walked over a mile to crawl into a culvert in broad daylight at a busy intersection to kill herself. This is preposterous to even speculate.

This was murder and the whole situation is very sensitive to the family. It must be painful to hear that the public is demanding answers to satiate their natural curiosity but LE is treating the family with kindness and respect. They are not releasing any information to the public until they have finished analyzing all the evidence. We will just have to wait.

I also suggest that they may have a suspect in mind: a lover; someone infatuated with Cheryl or Mike; or someone who feared being exposed for wrong doing at Hutch, which could be quite sensitive. It could be some nut who flew into a rage because Cheryl scored a parking spot that they wanted. I do not think for a second it was some random druggie vagrant from the woods who then marched or carried Cheryl to the culvert. And, when they find this person, they will find Cheryl's blood in a very inconspicuous place in their vehicle. I believe she intentionally left her DNA (blood from her fingers) behind.

As for her husband not speaking about her murder or about his wife, I've lost 2 loved ones and could only whisper 'My Darling' when speaking of them for perhaps a year after their deaths, maybe more. I could not say their names or even hear their names without falling apart. I was incapable of speaking at their service, I could barely breath or stand. I can't judge anyone for how they handle their grief and certainly will not judge their love or the sincerity of their pain by whether they spoke publicly of them at a service or not.

Not saying Cheryl did this, but other people have done the same, leaving their car and committing the act in public a mile down the road. Elizabeth Pham is an example. She left her car with the keys in it, got rides in a taxi, attempted to get a ride with a trucker, then went under an underpass (witnesses saw her), and into the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth