Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I believe there are no phone records recorded to the existing account if the sim is switched..swith a sim you can call another phone co to get service and you can switch phone numbers too ..so there will be no recording of phone use in that exisiting account..

However...if the phone company records the phones MAC address and it is turned on and used..but then how many phone companies would need to monitor for the phones MAC address to be used next [emoji17]

And then on top of that MACs can be spoofed [emoji30]

Sent from my mobile

I don't understand what you are saying.
Are you saying that LE have no way of accessing Mrs DeBoers phone records?

Pickard said investigators are still waiting for complete laboratory results from the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office, including the toxicology report that will determine whether DeBoer had drugs or alcohol in her system at the time of her death. In addition, he said, a forensic analysis of computer records and a track of her cellphone use before her death are not yet complete.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

Investigators just recently got some additional phone records and computer records from analysts. They are now going through that data for any clues as to what happened.

http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/03/ha...puter-records-in-cheryl-deboer-investigation/

The crime stoppers posters, is the information on these posters verified by the police? Anyone know for sure? Tia

I think there was a MSM report that her phone has not been recovered, but from the day of the discovery at the culvert, the police have not mentioned her bag at all. In fact, the has been no request for locals to check their properties etc. I wonder if that is part of the reason the LE has been low key about about a general risk to the public and that they have found the bag?:
-No bag missing or bag recovered with contents intact = not robbery gone wrong?
-Fully-clothed (and/or no evidence of particular type of physical harm) = not a sexual attack?
What is left?
A deranged killer? The public must be warned, right?!?
The only other option is that Cheryl was not a random target. And she was killed for reasons unknown to us and that for some reason Cheryl's killer does not represent a risk to the rest of us...
Or that other, very unpopular option: suicide.

This case, for me, is like one of those infuriating logic puzzles... Nothing makes sense until you have that one missing piece of info. And Pickard alluded to that much: "We are holding some information back and when you hear it you will know why we did..."
But when? When will he hear? Tic...tic...tic...

I can't find anything about her bag after her body was found

If the sim-card was switched there would be no phone records on that number, only on the other sim number..

Understood
But it is Cheryl's records that are of interest , is that correct?

If the sim card was switched, it would be someone other than Cheryl who switched it.
LE will have access to the phone records on Cheryls phone if she had a sim card in it
Am I correct so far?

It is Cheryl's phone logs they are going through
I assume to see if there was any unexplained communication

Was MCF just meaning her phone wouldn't be able to be traced after it left CD's possession, if the SIM card was switched?

LE may not be able to trace CD's phone .
However, the records may help a lot.
There may be nothing of any interest there, but it is possible there will be.. if she was taken by someone she knew

General discussion question: What would your theory of the crime be if you don't consider where she was found?

Because assuming this was not suicide, she was not meant to be found. So back up from where she was placed and think what it means that she was removed from the scene.

To me it means
1) transport: if the criminal had driven her car, i think it would have left more evidence, and to me it makes zero sense from a murderer's point of view to drive her away in her car and then return the car. That's two chances to be seen and caught. I don't think the car ever left. The criminal had other transportation.

2) some sense of personal danger if body was found--in other words, the criminal believes that if the body was found it could show evidence of how/when/why/by who she was killed. An element of fear, but controlled and planned...less panic than, say, a hit and run.

3) Speed and silence--this crime took place quickly. She was disabled somehow and removed from the scene in minutes, without attracting attention.

What does it mean? I don't know. But the culvert is so gross, I simply cannot fathom that being anything but a body dump site. That is the one thing that makes me think it is definitely not suicide.

I'm not sure I agree that she was not meant to be found. I think the perp probably wanted to delay her being found, and get her away from the crime scene (possibly).

The culvert wasn't far off of the road or anything. And I think they knew there would be a search.

I really hope we get more information soon. :(

ETA - Great post, Pseudonymph!

I think they should rename Mountlake Terrace to "Slowpoke Heights".

It's been one month today since she vanished. No cause of death, no manner of death, no autopsy results made public, no person of interest, no suspect named, no composite sketches issued, and the police have quit asking for the public's help.

Must have been an accidental drowning.................

an midget cop.gif

I think they should rename Mountlake Terrace to "Slowpoke Heights".

It's been one month today since she vanished. No cause of death, no manner of death, no autopsy results made public, no person of interest, no suspect named, no composite sketches issued, and the police have quit asking for the public's help.

Must have been an accidental drowning.................

View attachment 90314
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji1]

Sent from my mobile

Pickard said investigators are still waiting for complete laboratory results from the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office, including the toxicology report that will determine whether DeBoer had drugs or alcohol in her system at the time of her death. In addition, he said, a forensic analysis of computer records and a track of her cellphone use before her death are not yet complete.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

Investigators just recently got some additional phone records and computer records from analysts. They are now going through that data for any clues as to what happened.

http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/03/ha...puter-records-in-cheryl-deboer-investigation/

Did I miss something? If this was a random crime what does LE hope to find with computer records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024