Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The culvert would not be the usual route to FH, but it can be assumed that the carpool friend lives somewhere near the park and ride too and would be familiar with the area enough to get back on the freeway, strait up 205th. Also, traveling east from the park and ride would make much more sense if you were looking for a remote site to dispose of a body. Also one last thought...."DNA in my car?? ya..so what!?"

This bolded word potential in the following sentence says it all for me.

"Police say DeBoer’s husband took a polygraph test and has been eliminated as a potential person of interest."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

Dictionary definition of potential: having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future . . .

So from the use of this one word, the husband has not been eliminated as a suspect.

"Police say DeBoer’s husband took a polygraph test and has been eliminated as a potential person of interest."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

Dictionary definition of potential: having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future . . .

So from the use of this one word, the husband has not been eliminated as a suspect.

Interesting, I read it as stating he is not a poi. Potential could be added by the reporting person since no poi has be announced.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/16/m-e-co...-woman-but-says-cause-of-death-still-pending/

"Suspected blood stains found in Cheryl DeBoer’s car; husband ruled out as suspect in case."

"At the same time, detectives have ruled out her husband as a person of interest in the case, Pickard said Tuesday night."

" “Based on interviews our detectives did with him, we know he was not involved,” said Pickard. "

Since Cheryl's husband took a polygraph, I wonder if there were any other people that took one, as well.

IMOO.

Huh? Potential modifies "person of interest". So a "potential person of interest," by the dictionary definition you provide, is "someone having or showing the capacity to become or develop into" a person of interest "in the future." Being eliminated as a potential poi therefore means that someone cannot develop into a poi in the future -- i.e., the husband has been eliminated as someone who is or will be a poi.

I assume "potential" poi was used simply to indicate that he never was a poi (with the thought being that he hasn't technically been eliminated as a poi because he never was one). Imprecise language perhaps, but I don't remotely see how it can be read as saying that he hasn't been eliminated. Are you possibly accidentally reading the phrase as he has potentially been eliminated as a poi?

(Also, I'm pretty sure LE didn't even use the word potential, the reporters did.)

Get outta my head!!! [emoji16], thank you for this ^^^ post!
Receiving/sending texts could be a great alibi for someone.
I wonder if the culvert is on the way to/from FH.
I wish we knew who it was of the volunteer search group it was who suggested this area? Maybe a guilty conscience got to someone & needed/wanted her to be found.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
It was volunteers. Pickard stated that in a presser.

While there is a plethora of information on the web to study crimes and statistics and learn about various issues that go into a crime and investigation, I find there is good information in this article.
I encourage you all to take the time to read it, Although it isn't case specific to CD, it will give you some understanding and maybe make logical sense.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/20...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations

I found the facebook post you described by a quick google search. I can confidently say this post is based on rumor not fact or any information provided to the public by law enforcement, or media.

Eric, I'm sorry or your loss. I live just on the border of Brier/Lynnwood. We almost bought a house on the other side of Terrace Park (near the disc golf). This case has messed with me emotionally.

In a day to day capacity, I work with a lot of FHCRC/SCCA employees. The thought that your mother was just following her normal routine, and something horrible struck shook me to my core. I'm not a sensationalist. I just see the photos and the posts about her and I know that she was just a normal happy loved everyday lady. Like many of us are.

I ache for the loss that you suffered. I would fall apart if something happened to one of my babies. And though I've suffered many losses in my life, I've never had to lose someone so close.

I'm sorry if any of us have said anything to offend you or upset you. In a way we are just working through our own grieving process. Talking it out, so we can make sense (if that's even possible) of the crime that was committed. Ive never been to a site like this before, but I knew I needed to be a part of a conversation, to help me grasp such an act.

No matter what happened to your mom, I hope you take comfort in the fact that she was so loved, even by complete strangers. I mourn your loss, and hope that you one day feel closure on this case.

God bless you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treelights - I was thinking along these lines too and wondering why Mrs. D would text rather than call and make sure that her carpool friend actually got the message. Being unattached to a cell phone, a text can go unread by me for days. Not to mention that I would probably not be able to 'power down' a phone unless it was just like mine.

Do we have any confirmation that the home surveillance camera captured images of Mrs. D leaving the house that morning? This issue still plagues me.

It strikes me that quite a few of us seem to be very nearly actual neighbors of each other and perhaps of the DeBoers. It is easy to understand why we feel so invested in someone we may well have greeted while going about errands, etc. I hope it would comfort CD if she could know how many care, even beyond her many friends and family that we have read of.

(Seatowner, you and I are probably within spitting distance of each other. It just seems remarkable to me that Websleuths has been a means of community members connecting in care and concern for one of our own.)

If you pay close attention to Kiro 7 full version of the 1st press conference, I am actually present. When the camera pans over to the family (@ 10:58) I am the individual turned away speaking to my Aunt, then a family friend behind me. I am still waiting for Websleuths Admin, or owner to officially verify me. I am trying to wait patiently.
http://www.kiro7.com/video/raw-vide...holds-news-conference_20160211035942/72160976

Treelights - I was thinking along these lines too and wondering why Mrs. D would text rather than call and make sure that her carpool friend actually got the message. Being unattached to a cell phone, a text can go unread by me for days. Not to mention that I would probably not be able to 'power down' a phone unless it was just like mine.

Do we have any confirmation that the home surveillance camera captured images of Mrs. D leaving the house that morning? This issue still plagues me.

Although stryker57 is still waiting for confirmation of being a verified insider, post #914 of Thread #3, page 61 from 3-04-2016, states that there is 24 hour surveillance recorded at Cheryl's house and she was seen leaving.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...54-Mountlake-Terrace-8-February-2016-3/page61

While there is a plethora of information on the web to study crimes and statistics and learn about various issues that go into a crime and investigation, I find there is good information in this article.
I encourage you all to take the time to read it, Although it isn't case specific to CD, it will give you some understanding and maybe make logical sense.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/20...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations
Mistree,

Excellent read! The www.fbi.gov site, is a definite "go to" for trustworthy information. Thank you for sharing this very informative article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member